You Tube question

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

You Tube question

Post by babblefish »

Is it possible to embed You Tube videos into MB threads?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGXcM9evUpo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGXcM9evUpo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

no
Last edited by Eazy on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

Last edited by weaseltamer on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Was that a test?

I know there is a MOD that can be installed, but a simple link is pretty effective, too.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm still deciding whether it's wise to allow embedding of YouTube vids on the site. When people post a link, I don't feel responsible if it goes to something annoying, stupid, obnoxious or offensive. When it's embedded, despite the fact that it's hosted on YouTube, it appears on our pages and has the appearance of being on MB.

Plus, as is, we get a ton of the same videos posted repeatedly.

Now, if there was a series of member-generated video tutorials or something like that, then I'd think of a way to get them up here.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

Agree w/Eric.

Links to Youtube are just as good.
Syd

Post by Syd »

ericalm wrote:I'm still deciding whether it's wise to allow embedding of YouTube vids on the site. When people post a link, I don't feel responsible if it goes to something annoying, stupid, obnoxious or offensive. When it's embedded, despite the fact that it's hosted on YouTube, it appears on our pages and has the appearance of being on MB.

Plus, as is, we get a ton of the same videos posted repeatedly.

Now, if there was a series of member-generated video tutorials or something like that, then I'd think of a way to get them up here.
Won't embedded videos also affect page load times? I'm on a DSL connection that averages about 256Kb downstream, and some of the MB pages take long enough to load as is. I'd just as soon stay with links, thanks.
The majority is always sane - Nessus