Now I've seen it all

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bdarling

Now I've seen it all

Post by bdarling »

I was driving down the freeway yesterday and I saw a guy on a sport bike wearing nothing but a pair of dolphin shorts and a helmet. He didn't even have shoes on! I was mostly in shock, but then I realized that he was no less protected than someone wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops. Whatever floats your boat...
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I hope he makes it to the time where he looks back and says, "What the devil was I thinking?"
iinigma7

Post by iinigma7 »

At least he had a helmet on. A couple of weeks ago I saw a dude with nothing but a pair of shorts and shoes on a sport bike.

It's his life though. If he wants to lose all those pretty tattoos to road rash, who am I to judge him? 8)
"...faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death!"
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I'm guiltier than anyone of backhanded acceptance (I support your choice to become hamburger) but let's watch it. I don't like having to bite my tongue, either, but we need to find other outlets to promote safety if we all want to get along here. There, I did it again.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

There's that little thing called "natural selection". All though it does take some good folks, it tends to thrive on the stupid.

DJE
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
poop colored buddy

Post by poop colored buddy »

djelliott wrote:There's that little thing called "natural selection". All though it does take some good folks, it tends to thrive on the stupid.

DJE
agreed. its self regulating
I have the scoots!
pretz_ruck

Re: Now I've seen it all

Post by pretz_ruck »

bdarling wrote:I was driving down the freeway yesterday and I saw a guy on a sport bike wearing nothing but a pair of dolphin shorts and a helmet. He didn't even have shoes on! I was mostly in shock, but then I realized that he was no less protected than someone wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops. Whatever floats your boat...

Shifting with bare feet would hurt I would think.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

djelliott wrote:There's that little thing called "natural selection". All though it does take some good folks, it tends to thrive on the stupid.
If this were in any way true, don't you think we'd have evolved into a much smarter species by now? :?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

ericalm wrote:
If this were in any way true, don't you think we'd have evolved into a much smarter species by now? :?
the thing is, we as human species have been attempting to snub nature in the nose...mother nature hasn't evolved enough yet to deal with cagers, motorcycles, the almighty dollar, insurance, lawyers, etc etc etc. Oh, but when she does figure out how to solve the problems, THEN we're really in for it *maniacal laughter*
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

anndelise wrote:
ericalm wrote:
the thing is, we as human species have been attempting to snub nature in the nose...mother nature hasn't evolved enough yet to deal with cagers, motorcycles, the almighty dollar, insurance, lawyers, etc etc etc. Oh, but when she does figure out how to solve the problems, THEN we're really in for it *maniacal laughter*
Naw, selection isn't about fatality. It's about reproduction and the increasing occurrence of traits in successive generations. Undesirable traits are bred out. So as long as stupid people keep reproducing, we're treading water at best. (Really it only applies to physical characteristics anyway, so I'm obviously being both a smartass and totally facetious. Two birds. One stone.)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
justinfarrey

Re: Now I've seen it all

Post by justinfarrey »

pretz_ruck wrote:
bdarling wrote:

Shifting with bare feet would hurt I would think.
yeah i let someone else ride my buddy and i put it back on the kickstand while bare-foot and i was sure i was going to trap my pinky-toe under there. no fun
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

ericalm wrote: Naw, selection isn't about fatality. It's about reproduction and the increasing occurrence of traits in successive generations. Undesirable traits are bred out. So as long as stupid people keep reproducing, we're treading water at best. (Really it only applies to physical characteristics anyway, so I'm obviously being both a smartass and totally facetious. Two birds. One stone.)
If you haven't seen Idiocracy, you must: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/[/i]