MODERN BUDDY BUTTONS ARE HERE!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scoots4me

Post by scoots4me »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Too bad your landlord will not let you pay rent with moonpies... :(
GADS - or my stupid mortgage company. Step up Wells Fargo! I got MoonPies to hand over!
bfreed

Re: Whoopee!

Post by bfreed »

bustoc wrote:Whoopee! Ordered my 5 buttons and 5 magnets just now!
Thanks a bunch Eric....these were great.

How about MB baseball caps....or something to cover up the "helmet hair" when you're riding your Buddy to the grocery store, etc. and don't want to walk in the store looking like you just stuck your finger in a light socket or dunked your head in a bucket of ??!

I like the do-rag idea mentioned above too.
+1 - baseball cap would be sweet. Would definitely keep one in the glove box

also +1 to sticker/decal. A scooter sticker is just what my helmet is missing!
Even better would be a *reflective* scooter sticker. Woot!
ay pablo

Post by ay pablo »

Hey, got my buttons.....Thank you! They are very cool!
Thanks for getting them shipped out so quickly.
If driving a Hummer says "my penis is small",
.......then what does riding a scooter say?

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.....
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Modern Buddy Magnets are in the House! I love 'em. My only regret is I wish I'd ordered a set of buttons, too. Many thanks for doing this, Eric!
scoots4me

Post by scoots4me »

Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! That's me, squealing with delight since the lovely mail folks just delivered my kick a$$ pins and magnets! Hooray - thanks Eric!!! :clap:
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Got mine today! Awesome job!! Thanks Eric!
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

Mine came today, too! Very cool..... :D Thanks Eric!!
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

scoots4me wrote:Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! That's me, squealing with delight since the lovely mail folks just delivered my kick a$$ pins :clap:
That's almost exactly what my wife said when she opened the package. (it was a surprise to her.) She actually said "Kick A$$" loud enough that at least 4 neighbors turned and looked. I think we're going to start a family now. :wink:
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

I didnt get mine yet :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
BoneGirl

They're heeeeere!

Post by BoneGirl »

Yesterday I received the best surprise ever! :lol: Lagerhead ordered these buttons for me to add to the collection:

As you can see, I love scooter buttons! Thanks a ton for coming up with these! And thanks to Lagerhead for being "The Best Buddy Ever". :wink:

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

A few people sent me incomplete orders (didn't order enough buttons or didn't specify which are to be magnets, etc.). I've tried to contact all of you via the email address from which you Paypal'd. If you ordered before last weekend and haven't received your buttons by Monday's mail, check your email. You can also PM me and I'll check everything.

Gracias.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

I got mine today! Thanks!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Just got mine today too!!! WOOHOO!!!

P.S. By the way Eric,
thanks.
Last edited by KRUSTYburger on Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peby01

Post by Peby01 »

They ROCK!!! I just got my mail and to my delight.....MY BUTTONS ARE HERE!!!! YEAH!! (My hubby is SO jealous....but tough, he chose a Daelim over the Buddy)

THANKS ERIC!!!
7eregrine

Re: Whoopee!

Post by 7eregrine »

OScoot! wrote: How about MB baseball caps....or something to cover up the "helmet hair" when you're riding your Buddy to the grocery store, etc. and don't want to walk in the store looking like you just stuck your finger in a light socket or dunked your head in a bucket of ??!

I like the do-rag idea mentioned above too.
:P I say, wear that crazy hair as a badge of honor!!! hehehe
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

This is my very first post, and I've spent $$ already! Can't wait to get my buttons and magnets.

Thanks!

And, the header says I'm a Lurker, but I'm really a brand new Member. Love my baby-blue Buddy!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

OKBubbles wrote:This is my very first post, and I've spent $$ already! Can't wait to get my buttons and magnets.

Thanks!

And, the header says I'm a Lurker, but I'm really a brand new Member. Love my baby-blue Buddy!
Welcome!

You only have the "Lurker" label until you post a 2nd time. I think that's kinda dumb. In fact, I'm going to go fix that right now.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

All orders so far have been shipped. Some were a wee bit delayed–sorry. I've been waiting until I had several orders so I could bring them all to the Post Office at once. Despite what you may have read, the button operation is small time and I didn't even have the benefit of my helper.

Series 2 announcement coming your way!
Some series 1 buttons will still be available. I'm just eliminating the least popular ones. Others will have some small changes.
MalindaKay

Yay!

Post by MalindaKay »

I just ordered some buttons for my Blue Buddy! I'm all a-twitter! Is it a little sad that I already have a helmet and some buttons, yet my scooter is back ordered for at least another month?
Scootalicious.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Yay!

Post by ericalm »

MalindaKay wrote:I just ordered some buttons for my Blue Buddy! I'm all a-twitter! Is it a little sad that I already have a helmet and some buttons, yet my scooter is back ordered for at least another month?
Not sad. You'll be well-prepared when it arrives!
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

I just received this link from someone. Does this center look familiar? :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pink-SCOOTER-HAIR-F ... m153.l1262
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yep. (Shrug)

For discussion of the buttons of crafty flowers topic:
topic5014.html
BoneGirl

Thanks

Post by BoneGirl »

Thanks for sending me over there, Eric. I didn't know that particular post existed. Sorry about that.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Thanks

Post by ericalm »

BoneGirl wrote:Thanks for sending me over there, Eric. I didn't know that particular post existed. Sorry about that.
Oh—No problem at all! I just didn't want comments on that in 2 different places. :)
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Got my buttons and magnets today -- and they're fabu!

Thanks!
MalindaKay

Re: Yay!

Post by MalindaKay »

ericalm wrote:
MalindaKay wrote:I just ordered some buttons for my Blue Buddy! I'm all a-twitter! Is it a little sad that I already have a helmet and some buttons, yet my scooter is back ordered for at least another month?
Not sad. You'll be well-prepared when it arrives!

Thanks!
Scootalicious.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

also +1 to sticker/decal. A scooter sticker is just what my helmet is missing!
I second this! After all, the Buddy doesn't have metal parts to stick magnets too!

I'm still planning on ordering! Believe it or not, this month is actually so tight that I just bought a week's worth of tuna-fish samiches (I'm hoping I got enough to eat 8 meals on) and shot the food budget! Don't stop making them, Eric!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

COOLNESS! Got my buttons and magnets in the mail today :D

Thanks Eric!
redcass

Post by redcass »

ericalm wrote:The button factory is in full swing today. We got even more orders than I would have predicted! Yowza! Thanks to all who have ordered so far.
I love my buttons and magnets, Eric! So glad you've taken the time to make these up.

Thanks!
RedCass
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS BUTTONS!!! !!! !!! (and magnets, too! whee!) <3 <3 <3 xoxoxo :D :D :D
ModBud #442
buddyboop

Post by buddyboop »

I ordered mine! Can't wait to get them.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Just got mine last week.
Thanks, Eric !

Also +1 on decal vs. magnets.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
OScoot!

Button are here!

Post by OScoot! »

Whoopee!!! Just got back from my long weekend out of town and there sitting on my kitchen counter were my buttons! Thanks so much Eric. They're fantastic!
Smuddpie

Post by Smuddpie »

Oooooooh, T-shirts!
Drew

Post by Drew »

This past weekend when we were in our cage a Harley pulled up next to us at a traffic light. The girl on the back was wearing a Harley Davidson halter top. I told my wife that's what I should get for her, a Genuine Buddy halter top. She wasn't as excited about it as I was.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Could I get a discount if I ordered, say, 50 of one button? What I'm thinking is having one put in each registration package for the Tulsa Scooters rally next year. They keep putting these Vespa buttons in them. We could say that Modern Buddy was one of the sponsors of the rally!

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Could I get a discount if I ordered, say, 50 of one button? What I'm thinking is having one put in each registration package for the Tulsa Scooters rally next year. They keep putting these Vespa buttons in them. We could say that Modern Buddy was one of the sponsors of the rally!
Sure thing. PM me about it!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Button production is going to be suspended for most of July, as I will be spending 3 weeks attending a conference.

I have everything ready for our button series 2 member-submission contest. I am going to post it all next week and use that week to answer any questions.

In addition to series 2, the most popular buttons from series 1 will still be available. A few designs were duds and will go away. :)

And if you haven't ordered yet for any reason, now is the time to do so! Next week will be the last week to order before August!
coffeebrown

Post by coffeebrown »

Will Rattler, Black Cat, & Roughhouse buttons be available also?[/b]
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

coffeebrown wrote:Will Rattler, Black Cat, & Roughhouse buttons be available also?
Yes! And Blur!
buddyboop

Post by buddyboop »

Woohoo! I got my buttons today!
Thanks Eric, They are GREAT!!!!
YEAH!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
bunny

Post by bunny »

I got my buttons last night, too! I'm debating where to put them on my jacket!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

StacyB

Post by StacyB »

Drew wrote:This past weekend when we were in our cage a Harley pulled up next to us at a traffic light. The girl on the back was wearing a Harley Davidson halter top. I told my wife that's what I should get for her, a Genuine Buddy halter top. She wasn't as excited about it as I was.
I found a halter top at a chopper place in Leakey, TX that's black with orange piping and letters that says "Genuine Parts". I guess geared towards HD riders, but it said "Genuine" in orange (the color of my scoot), so I got it. :lol:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

StacyB wrote:
Drew wrote:This past weekend when we were in our cage a Harley pulled up next to us at a traffic light. The girl on the back was wearing a Harley Davidson halter top. I told my wife that's what I should get for her, a Genuine Buddy halter top. She wasn't as excited about it as I was.
I found a halter top at a chopper place in Leakey, TX that's black with orange piping and letters that says "Genuine Parts". I guess geared towards HD riders, but it said "Genuine" in orange (the color of my scoot), so I got it. :lol:
We need pics!

(Leakey, TX?! I'm from TX and have never heard of it!)
sikken

Post by sikken »

I ordered mine today! Can't wait to get em! I think decals would be awesome.
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

A pic of the tank top!

I got it at Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop in Leakey, Texas which is south of Fredericksburg. My hubby and I take a trip to the area about once a year to ride the "3 Sisters" which is 3 twisty highways around there.

Here's a pic of us from the last time we went. I know it's NSR, but hopefully, that's ok...?