Blur Mirrors

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Blur Mirrors

Post by jrsjr »

Has anybody else tried to attach a GPS to the Blur? The normal way to do it, is with a kit that grips the mirror stalk. That doesn't work on the Blur because the mirror stalks are encased in thick plastic. :shock: Anybody else run into this yet???
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Aren't the Blur and Buddy mirrors interchangable? I think a pair of mirrors for the Bud is pretty cheap...
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

ericalm wrote:Aren't the Blur and Buddy mirrors interchangable? I think a pair of mirrors for the Bud is pretty cheap...
I contacted Genuine about that because I want the Blur mirrors on my Buddy and they said there shouldn' be a problem.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

dahuffy wrote:
ericalm wrote:Aren't the Blur and Buddy mirrors interchangable? I think a pair of mirrors for the Bud is pretty cheap...
I contacted Genuine about that because I want the Blur mirrors on my Buddy and they said there shouldn' be a problem.
Maybe you guys should just trade 'em!

Post by 360 »

I dunno... I think the Buddy mirrors would like kinda goofy on the Blur.
I'd guess that isn't the solution he had in mind.

..but maybe that's just me?
ScooterN2

Post by ScooterN2 »

I have a handheld garmin vista GPS. I purchased an optional mount for bicycle handlebars. I was able to attach the bicycle handlebar mount to the rubber elbow of the mirror where it is a little bit thicker (had to slide to rubber towards the mirrow to get good fit.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

ScooterN2 wrote:I have a handheld garmin vista GPS. I purchased an optional mount for bicycle handlebars. I was able to attach the bicycle handlebar mount to the rubber elbow of the mirror where it is a little bit thicker (had to slide to rubber towards the mirrow to get good fit.
Coolio!
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Couldn't you build up the thickness with a wrap of electrical tape then clamp the bicycle mount to the tape wrap?

ECS