Pics of my new pink 50cc buddy

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

This is a real moped

ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

And what credentials do you have to make that observation or is that just your opinion?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

ryder1 wrote:And what credentials do you have to make that observation or is that just your opinion?
It has pedals. :lol:
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

jfrost2 wrote:
ryder1 wrote:And what credentials do you have to make that observation or is that just your opinion?
Not to start anything, but it's common knowledge that a "moped" has pedals to get it going. A scooter has no pedals and uses its motor only.

Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

yes! there is proof that the buddy is NOT a moped, its not! its a scoooter, a lovely and fun to ride scooter.
there are no visible pedals so there IS a difference if u were to compare the two
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

my 50 has a license plate that says it's a MOPED
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

jfrost2 wrote:
That may be true in Ohio but I wouldn't take your Dictionary with you to prove your point if you fail that question when taking the knowledge test. Check you State Motorcycle Manual for legal description.

Motorized bicycles with pedals are classified as a moped, but not all mopeds are motorized bicylce with pedals.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. How many times do we have to go through this? If you're relying on any DMV for a definition of what's a moped, scooter etc there will always be somene who's wrong. Mopeds have pedals, scooter do not. The state only cares about how much to charge you for a registration and how fast you're allowed to go on it before ticketing you. When in doubt remember that MB members are right, DMV is wrong :lol:
EZPZ #65
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Like Nissanman said, by state law, different states will say a 50cc scooter is a moped, but they will be restricted to 30mph by law, some states will say just have a drivers license to operate it.

But in truth, a moped is a light weight bike shaped motorized vehicle which is pedal started.

A scooter is a motor only vehicle where it can be electric/kick started and has no pedals.
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

nissanman wrote:All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. How many times do we have to go through this? If you're relying on any DMV for a definition of what's a moped, scooter etc there will always be somene who's wrong. Mopeds have pedals, scooter do not. The state only cares about how much to charge you for a registration and how fast you're allowed to go on it before ticketing you. When in doubt remember that MB members are right, DMV is wrong :lol:
I think we can agree on this. Many times the DMV doesn't even know for sure. :wink:
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

WHY PINK IS PINK!
ItsPINK7

Post by ItsPINK7 »

Ok so its either a moped or a scooter... My DMV says its a moped, the security on Fripp Island ( where i live) say its a moped, but some of you say its a scooter so what ever....
Its your opinion.
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

I've always thought, from a hobbyists viewpoint, that if it has pedals; it's a moped.

If it has a step-through frame and doesn't have pedals, it's a scooter, no matter the size of the engine.

State governments need to clean up their terminology. Somebody here should run for office and do this for us. :wink: