Seat covers

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mrs.Spaceman

Seat covers

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

Has anyone found someone that makes custom seat covers for the Roughhouse? I attempted making my own over the weekend and wasn't satisfied with the outcome. I'd probably be able to do it if I tried a couple more times, but I am lazy and would rather purchase one. Maybe if I get it down I should start selling them :)
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I have been looking but havent found.... I like my Rattler seat...but I would like to have something to keep under the seat, for after when I have to park it in the sun - HOT HOT HOT
I was thinking about this to solve the problem http://www.genuinecoolass.com/ but would rather have something I could put on to ride - snake skin print for my Rattler? or would that look to pimp?
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

Is the Rattler seat the same as the Roughhouse? I found a bunch of snakeskin vinyl. It's anywhere from $5.99 to $9.50 per yard.

http://www.mjtrends.com/categories-Snakeskin,Fabric

One yard is enough for the Roughhouse seat, so it's probably enough for the Rattler. I think it would look cool to just make part of it snakeskin and the rest black. I personally park mine in the sun on purpose just so the seat gets nice and toasty. My seatcover will be purely for looks :)

Now I just gotta figure out what I'm doing about paint...
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Mrs.Spaceman wrote:Is the Rattler seat the same as the Roughhouse? I found a bunch of snakeskin vinyl. It's anywhere from $5.99 to $9.50 per yard.
I dont know if the seats are the same
Re paint.... there are several people on the forum that suggest krylon fusion paint for plastic and have had good results with that
When I paint my rattler... I am going to order automotive paint.... probably not till this winter but I really like a Lexus Blue
stuff like this
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint.asp
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

I already know I'm having the blue panels painted pink, but I'm trying to decide if I want a stripe up the front, decals, or anything else fancy. It will still be mostly black, so it won't look TOO cutesy. Maybe some squiggly pinstripes on the back sides or something else simple.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

cool
whatever you do... be sure to post up some before an after photos
Thanks!
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

I finished my seatcover!!!! Of course, it will match better when the scooter is painted.

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

nice cover
so is that removable or is it mounted to your seat?
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

Removable. There's a casing around the bottom with elastic in it. It folds under the seat 1/2" to 1", and there's an elastic strap on the back portion in a spot that doesn't get in the way. I didn't notice it slipping at all while riding earlier.