It's official. I am a Class CM license holder.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bunny

It's official. I am a Class CM license holder.

Post by bunny »

Class C is the basic DL in Texas. Class M is for...you guessed it...motorcycles. My little permit paper says "Class: CM" And they cut the top off my old DL. Two to three weeks and I'll have my new license. Oh...and they took a new picture. Which was kind of cool because I was having a really bad hair day the last time. Walked out of there on CLOUD 9! And saw four cruisers, eight crotchrockets and one never heard of scooter (I tihnk it was one of those illegal Chinese ones?) in the parking lot on my way out. I wanted to run back in, but I contained myself. It was difficult, but I managed. Just had a poop eating grin and have had one all day...

I am soooooooooooooooo stoked right now. AND OMG! I wanted to roll down my window at every two wheel I saw this morning (scoots and MCs) and give'em the two wheels down sign! :rofl:

I am a nutcase, yes, I know. But OMGAWD! I CAN RIDE BONHEUR HOME ALL BY MYSELF when she gets here!!!!!!!!

Life is good. 8)
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

curlyred

cm license

Post by curlyred »

That's so awesome! I totally want mine. I've been practicing my drills so much lately, but haven't gotten up the nerve to go test yet. Might wait till Sept when I can try to get into the MSF.

Congrats! I'll cross fingers that your scoot arrives soon....
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:D :D :D
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

Good work.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i guess different states call it different things here in michigan it just a CY for cycle a quick 20 question test and a 10 min rideing test at low speeds in a parking lot is all it takes and i used my blur. so it was. 13.50 to take the writen test 30.00 to take the riding test and another 13.50 for the new license. in all 57.00 bucks and about 30 mins all together and im off to the races!! plasten the back roads of st.joe county
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

Congrats Bunny. Good work. ;)
chancerbeans13

Post by chancerbeans13 »

In Florida, it WAS free for written test, free for parking lot riding test, $5 for endorsement , and $10 for replacement license. $15 in all
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Congratulations, Bunny!!!
ImageImageImage
~Celebrate~
Xena

Post by Xena »

Congrats Bunny!

I passed my written last week with a score of 86 thank you very much and have the driving part this Saturday AND Sunday...
Endoran

Post by Endoran »

Sweet Bunny I'm envious congratulations!! I only have my learners permit atm. I'm considering taking a BRC so I can forgo the DMV's ride test (60$ in SLC I think...someone correct me if I'm wrong) and actually learn something useful but they supply the bikes which means shifting and I don't need to with my scoot.
ferfdom

Post by ferfdom »

You have to wait for your new license? You don't get it right then and there? Crazy!
bunny

Post by bunny »

ferfdom wrote:You have to wait for your new license? You don't get it right then and there? Crazy!
I live in Texas...in case you hadn;t noticed already, it's a pretty BIG state. And we don't have a state income tax. And I guess I've lived with the delay all my life so it doesn't bother me. But she did show me the new picture:D

I have my paper temporary license and my old license with picture, I can hang for a couple weeks. Besides, it will give me something else to look forward to...
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

hackett

Post by hackett »

Texas gives you a paper license with no photo, and your plastic one gets mailed to you in 3-4 weeks.

I got my M endorsement 2 and a half weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for the mail...

Weird thing, though. The lady at DPS didn't cut my old license. :shock:

edit: Oops. Bunny beat me to it. :oops:
Last edited by hackett on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Christy

Post by Christy »

YAY! congratulations. it feels so good doesn't it!
EPSP #76
doggerham

Post by doggerham »

I, too, am the proud new owner of a CM TX license -- paper, with my old drivers license w/ top cut off.

I will say I'm a little bummed that they didn't just use my current picture, its the first decent one I've had in years. I'm on my 4th license this year. My current one expired in January, so I went to DPS and had it replaced. About 2 weeks later, my wallet was stolen, so I had to have the new one replaced. And now, here I am again waiting for my new license in the mail.

Amy