Rattler HP?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brandon75173

Rattler HP?

Post by brandon75173 »

From what scooters I have ridden and what others are rated I am guessing the hp is about 9 from the factory. Has anyone see an advertised number for one? Hopefully after this box of goodies from over seas it will be at 20+. That should move nicely.
BGK

Re: Rattler HP?

Post by BGK »

brandon75173 wrote:From what scooters I have ridden and what others are rated I am guessing the hp is about 9 from the factory. Has anyone see an advertised number for one? Hopefully after this box of goodies from over seas it will be at 20+. That should move nicely.
9 sounds about right. But 20 is a lot to ask, though not completely unreasonable. What parts are you getting? Unless it includes a full circle crank, new cylinder with gigantic excellently placed ports, new carb with matching intake and a well designed expansion chamber (that 'V8' pipe for the jog would not be one) I think it would be a stretch to expect that much.
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Fully ported big bore block, big carb, 8.5:1 compression, big pipe. If the exhaust doesnt work out I will fabricate some stuff of my own. I have never really messed with two stroke stuff like I have late model V8 stuff. But get all the functions of what and why in the expansion chamber. Here are a couple pictures of the last exhaust I built for my 2000 Camaro SS with 520 wheel horsepower. Might note that I also ported the heads, intake, TB, and built the roll cage. Exhaust is all 308SS and tig welded.

Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

the electric cut out is bad ass
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

2 stroke exhausts are very difficult to fabricate. i would much rather make a fully equal length set of headers for a v12 rather than try to design a 2 stroke expansion chamber. if you can do it, more power to you, its an art, just like porting heads for a car. i would love to see a real exhaust made for these so im not trying to discourage you, just prepare you for the research. it will make your head hurt.

BTW, just so you know im not talking out of my ass, i have had a hand in a couple civics knocking on your HP level.
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

I realize there is a learning curve and am prepared to make a few before I am happy. But, I know how to work backwards from the dimensions of the exhaust I am buying and performance curve it produces. So in reality I am not starting at zero, I am starting with a baseline. As far as a civic knocking on my door hp wise........You did it with a roller coaster power curve. I did it (with my corvette as well) naturally aspirated. I have already started making the hot side for my new turbo kit for the camaro. Have a pt76GTS (rated for 1100 hp). Piecing together a fuel system safe for 1200 hp now as well. You dont have a civic in that range do you? :P
barndwellers_md

Post by barndwellers_md »

I think the V8 exhaust has an advantage over the stock using the tapered pipe vs. a straight pipe. My goal is to replicate the taper but get it sufficiently away from the engine and plastic housing.

Can't wait to hear what that block does for you.
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Maybe by the end of next week I will have the stuff in and it should be running again within a day. Pretty stoked about it. I am tired of these shitty GY6 scooters pulling away from me.
Evans Performance

brandon75173 wrote:I realize there is a learning curve and am prepared to make a few before I am happy. But, I know how to work backwards from the dimensions of the exhaust I am buying and performance curve it produces. So in reality I am not starting at zero, I am starting with a baseline. As far as a civic knocking on my door hp wise........You did it with a roller coaster power curve. I did it (with my corvette as well) naturally aspirated. I have already started making the hot side for my new turbo kit for the camaro. Have a pt76GTS (rated for 1100 hp). Piecing together a fuel system safe for 1200 hp now as well. You dont have a civic in that range do you? :P
im not trying to start a "honda's are better than v8's" arguement. anyone who does is a retard. hondas may make more power per liter, but v8's have more liters. there will always be more power potential with a v8. i for some reason like building hondas though.

anyway, my whole reason for bringing that up was just to let you know i wasnt some internet retard trying to tell you how things are.

the "V8" exhaust to me seems like it wouldnt be a whole lot better than stock. you have to have an expansion chamber to make any power with a 2 stroke. this should be a huge help for you if you plan to make your own exhaust

http://microcarproject.tripod.com/html/ ... oftwar.htm

i was going to make my own exhaust for my pocket bike but i just never got around to it
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

I was just razzing you alittle, you know the JDM vs. USDM usual thing. I am always impressed when any car makes a a sick amount of HP for cubic inch. But you have to agree, when you cross the finish line there is no tally for it. As they say, "no replacement for displacement".
Evans Performance

yea, getting there first is what counts. the only time the HP per liter really makes a difference is if you are comparing something like the for 302 to a chevy 350.

i acctually have a 500whp build going on for myself right now using a 1.5l single cam vtec engine. should be a lot of fun after 5k rpm. lol