Trunk on my roufghhouse 50

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

siafu

Trunk on my roufghhouse 50

Post by siafu »

Hello.

Does anyone have a trunk that can hold a full size helmet on a ruoughhouse 50?

I would like to get one that can store my full size helmet,so it has to to bigger than the ones I have seen around.

But how can it be installed on the scooter, the gas tank fill up up is right there.

Any images would be greatly appreciate it.
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

What's wrong with using the two little helmet loop hooks located at the front oh your trunk under the seat. I fill my trunk with stuff all the time and utilize these to secure my helmet and have had no problems to speak of.
"Hey Little Buddy" - Jonas Grumby
BGK

Post by BGK »

KABanshee wrote:What's wrong with using the two little helmet loop hooks located at the front oh your trunk under the seat. I fill my trunk with stuff all the time and utilize these to secure my helmet and have had no problems to speak of.
Rain.

Just take the helmet with you.
siafu

Post by siafu »

Yeah, rain is one issue, I live is Seattle.

But more storage is not a bad thing.
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

My helmet fits under the seat. But, I have a tiny head and only have a 3/4 helmet. I know those "bubble" trunks you normally see on Buddys aren't big enough for a helmet, but it would provide more storage space. I believe you have to get a different rear rack that lets you mount it back farther and a little higher. I'm getting one of those pretty soon, if the racks ever come in. Why is EVERYTHING always on backorder???
BGK

Post by BGK »

siafu wrote:
But more storage is not a bad thing.
It has it's drawbacks.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I have been thinking about a top case now....
anyone have a topcase on their BC/Rat/or RH?
I am wondering about trouble filling the gas on the Rattler

BTW this thread has a photo of the helmet lock posts on the Ratter - in case anyone doesnt know where they are (like me until I was told)
topic3632.html
mjmetts

Post by mjmetts »

I have this helmet and it fits. I don't think a full-face one would though, but it's worth a try. There is a surprising amount of room under there.
coffeebrown

Post by coffeebrown »

ScootLemont said:

I have been thinking about a top case now....
anyone have a topcase on their BC/Rat/or RH?
I am wondering about trouble filling the gas on the Rattler

I emailed Dean @ scooterworks about a topcase for a Blck Cat/Rattler and received this reply:

The original small rack would have to be replaced with the Black Cat / Rattler rear rack, the top case requires the rack and the rack gives you plenty of clearance for the gas cap.
I hope this info helps,
Dean
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

With that rack the topcase would mount up a couple inches higher and further back. I've been trying to get one for my Roughhouse, but the rack is on backorder. Otherwise I'd send a pic. It looks to me like you'd have to aim the nozzle towards the back of the scooter a bit. I think if you open the seat there would be more room as well.

Do you think one of those cases would add any unnecessary wind resistance? I know it's rounded and theoretically receives very little wind since it's behind you, but it's still possible.
Cadiero

Post by Cadiero »

I carry all sorts of things on my back rack on my Buck Ten and there are NO issues with filling of the gas tank. The rack pushes the cargo back a few inches, in order to clear the filler cap.