I got my Pink Buddy!!!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Blackeyes24

I got my Pink Buddy!!!!

Post by Blackeyes24 »

I got it yesterday afternoon and went for my first ride about 5pm. I started out just cruising around my condo community and then took it to another nearby neighborhood before taking it out on the main roads. Its a lot of fun. Once I had it on the main roads I got it up to about 50mph but that was as fast as I tried to do.

I am using a borrowed helmet right now and at the higher speeds I felt like the wind was pulling it. I think it is just a drop too big. Its only temporary till I can find the pink helmet of my dreams that fits right. I will probably get something next weekend.

I drove it down to my office to check out the parking situations, which as I suspected sucks! There are no poles close enough to parking spaces for your standard 6ft cable lock to reach. I dont know what to do. I think 8ft might be enough but I dont see any 8ft cable locks on the internet even.

After I was done at the office I rode over to a restaurant with my mother following me in the car. We sat outside so i could watch the scooter since I dont have a lock yet. I saw some guy totally checking out my pink buddy. He was about to get in his van when he stopped turned around and took some time to check out the Buddy. I had this overwhelming urge to drop my fork and go tell him all about them (I resisted this urge). I just thought it was so cool that this big guy stopped to check out my pink scooter.

Parking it for the evening was a bit of a fiasco. We decided since I dont have a lock yet I would put it in the front hall. We forget there is about a 6 inch step to get up. My mother seems to think that since it is pink and cute it also weighs nothing, which isnt true. Then she got a brilliant idea to use the ironing board that never gets used as a ramp. This didnt acheive much other than getting a tire print on the ironing board. Finally I wheeled it around to the back of the condo go it up on the patio and into the Florida room (enclosed patio type area). Only problem was my mother is living with me TEMPORARILY and with all her stuff in there I had the damndest time getting it up on the kick stand. The whole thing probably took us 20 minutes.

I think I am going to figure out the lock situation and then buy a cover and keep it outside between the two cars locked up to the hedges. I think i will use it a lot less if I have to manuever it out from the back yard every time around all the other condos.

Other than parking I had a blast and I am going to head out on it again this morning before the rain starts. I HATE SOUTH FLORIDA RAINY SEASON!!!
Attachments
I will be getting a pink helmet at some point I just want to find the right one.
I will be getting a pink helmet at some point I just want to find the right one.
buddy2.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Look at that big stupid grin on my face and I hadnt even riden it yet.
Look at that big stupid grin on my face and I hadnt even riden it yet.
buddy1.jpg (28.53 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
castleton

Pink Buddy

Post by castleton »

Hey! Wicked cool! Way to go. You look perfectly at ease on the scoot, too. :D

I drove mine home yesterday--(see 1st solo ride post)--I am LOVING it, as well. It rides like a dream, doesn't it? My friend (who followed me home) and I stopped for pizza, and I couldn't see it out of the window, so I got up every few minutes to look. Even the waitress was laughing at me. But I got a lot of looks from folks, esp. at stop signs/lights.

I love the ironing board attempt! Great story. Your mom sounds like a trooper.

My mom lives in Winter Park and my sister lives in Orlando. My sister owns a Harley (Custom), which she bought on her 50th birthday. I wrote her about the scooter, and she wants one now!

Happy trails! Keep us updated!

--Pam--
--Pam

"You're not the boss of me, now."
Blackeyes24

Post by Blackeyes24 »

I absolutely loved it! If it doesnt rain I am headed back out shortly. I just wish i had a lock. Also when it was parked at the restaurant I was totally paranoid that some one was going to whip into the space and hit it before they realized it was there.

BTW I love your avatar. I am a huge Fraggle Rock fan. THey just released Season 1 on DVD and I think I want to get it.

I plan to get a Harley in approximately 8 years (it will take to long to explain why 8 years) I'll be about 34. For now I will be quite happy with the Buddy.
RabidChild

Post by RabidChild »

Check out Lowes or Home Depot. I picked up a 30' cable and an all weather master lock yesterday to lock mine up at home. I didn't need it that long but I figured since I'm in an apartment and my parking situation could change at any time I might as well get the longest one I could find, and it was under $35 total.

I'll probably get one of these cable master locks to take on the road with me. You should be able to replace the 3/8" cable with any length you need and since it's just a thin cable it will fit through the holes in the rim. It may work for your situation.

Edit: you can't change the cable length since it is attached at one end, but I picked up an 8' one today for $17.

http://www.masterlock.com/promos/python ... lock.shtml