Roughhouse 50 break in

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

linuxmann

Roughhouse 50 break in

Post by linuxmann »

Just wondering what break in procedure you guys are following. The dealer told me that after they run it around on test drives, etc., it's pretty well broken in. Buy my past experience with 2 strokes is that they have a very specific break in for the first couple hundred miles. I'm taking it easy, not holding it wide open for too long.

What are you guys doing?
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

I rarely took it over half-throttle for about the first 50 miles, partly because I had no previous experience with scooters. I take my Roughhouse to work, so it really sucked having people get imparient behind me. I changed my route to work to avoid traffic. By about 60 miles I couldn't take it anymore and had to speed up a little. I think I had it de-restricted around 100 miles. I know you're also supposed to vary your speed a lot for the first couple hundred miles, and all the stop signs in town helped me with that. I tried to follow what the manual said to do but just didn't have the patience.
rondon600

Post by rondon600 »

I got fed up around 150miles. Was never able to avoid 1/2 throttle rule anyway due to all the hills in my neighborhood. Ive been sticking to keeping my rides at 1hour or less and vary the throttle.