speedometer not reading correctly?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mozcheez

speedometer not reading correctly?

Post by mozcheez »

I've only had my Roughouse for a month and a half and had it derestricted a week after I got it. Recently, i've noticed when I'm going the speed limit (or just a little over), cars are still FLYING past me! Well I followed my husband (in his car) to work today, and we realized that the speedometer markings are WAY off!

His 25 mph = my 33 mph
His 35 mph = my 45 mph
His 40 mph = my 53 mph

At first I was thinking "Am I really that much of a moron? Are these in kilometers per hour???" But after looking up conversions, that's not right either! And the speedometer clearly has "MPH" marked on it.

No wonder everyone is flying past me! I'm not even really going the speed limit!

Anyone else noticed this? What could it be? I've just noticed today and am going to give the shop a call shortly.
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

I've also had a Roughhouse for a month and a half, and my speedometer is off as well. I don't think mine is as bad though. My 30 is 25 mph. Your tire pressure, temperature, and wear will affect it as well. Keep in mind that many car speedometers are off as well. If you want to get a real speed, get or borrow a GPS. I still need to do that to see what my top speed really is (it stops where about 57 would be if there was a marking for it).
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Wow, that is WAY off. I havent heard of anyone being 25% off. And yes, your odometer reflects that as well. There has to be a way of calibrating these things.
Koolaid

Post by Koolaid »

If there is a way to calibrate the analog control then maybe there is a way to calibrate the digital dash of the Rattler??
I hope
linuxmann

Post by linuxmann »

my roughhouse 50 reads 5 mph over, 30 = 25
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

My Rattler 50 reads 10% faster, pretty much across the board
10% seems to be about average for most people
topic4427.html
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Koolaid wrote:If there is a way to calibrate the analog control then maybe there is a way to calibrate the digital dash of the Rattler??
I hope
Well... the left button on the speedo is used to change the tire size because that speedo is use on a variety of scooters
but... it appears to be disabled on the Genuine scoots.
No way to calibrate it that I have found.

how is your French?
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMSBac ... 006B00.pdf