Scooters aren't just for fun.......

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

barndwellers_md

Scooters aren't just for fun.......

Post by barndwellers_md »

Transplanting bamboo for someone - works great!

Over 1600 miles in a little more than four weeks time...this Bud's all business....and a little fun mixed in a long the way. :)

Anyone else use their scoot for work?
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

(off topic: how does that set up work for you? what else do you use the trailer for?)
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
ernie

Post by ernie »

I have used my scooter for lugging my toolbox to my rental properties and grocery shopping of course.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

when did you move to Taiwan?
Christy

Post by Christy »

i use mine for grocery shopping and commuting (of course). but even that is fun to me.
EPSP #76
Drumwoulf

Re: Scooters aren't just for fun.......

Post by Drumwoulf »

barndwellers_md wrote:Image

Transplanting bamboo for someone - works great!

Over 1600 miles in a little more than four weeks time...this Bud's all business....and a little fun mixed in a long the way. :)

Anyone else use their scoot for work?
Except it's NOT a "Bud"! :lol:
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
barndwellers_md

Ya, I don't know why I called it a Bud last night....it's actually a Rat, a Genuine Rat.

I use that trailer for all sorts of things (run a home-improvement business and body/fender business). Wish I took pics of other stuff ...you'd laugh silly. My wife also uses it for groceries and Walmart shopping. Kids transport the dogs and take the trash up to the entrance with it.

WIth the two-stroke it only takes about 5mph off of the top end (loaded or unloaded...wind drag).

Check out www.cycletote.com if you get a chance. Probably the best aluminum trailers made...optional braking system too.

I modified a regular aluminum bike trailer (side pull to center pull) by using a piece of conduit for the tongue...on the end of the tongue I welded a threaded eye (3/16") that we hook up to the back of the rear racks on the scooters via heavy electrical zip ties (lashed several times around the rack and through the eye). This allows for plenty of side to side and up and down movement of the tongue without any binding or slop. The ties are the removable type.

There is an additional safety strap connected in case of any failures in the heavy duty zip ties.
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

thankyou for that info barndweller :)
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
barndwellers_md

for those of you that have pm'd me...here's a few pics that might help.

this is my wife's scooter's connection for trailer - the ring goes up on the shaft of the bolt and gets a washer and wingnut below it...not too tight, this connection rattles a bit but is very effective. Trailer safety strap goes around the rack.

This is the Rattler's connection with the removable zip tie...again not too tightly bound which allows for leaning into turns...very quiet with no noise and very strong. Saftey strap goes around frame.

Cycle Tote uses a ball and socket connection which is the best....I just don't have an old strut arm laying around - the type that holds up the rear lift gate on a car would work perfectly.

This is the rattler on the superduty. I made the carrier out of stuff laying around...used a commercial door hinge to allow the rack to tip for loading. Superduty stays at customer's house while I come to and from mine on the scoot. Not a good pic due to cell phone.