New Dealer Full of Crap?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mandyscoots

New Dealer Full of Crap?

Post by mandyscoots »

So I was scooting the other day and saw a new scooter shop in a near by town. It is a Buddy dealer and I was chatting with the lady there about my Buddy and she was telling me about hers. She has a rare Buddy 100 that came out in the begining.
But anyways...I was complaining because the other scooter shop (which is a branch of this new one) wanted me to come in every 1000miles for an oil change but I put that on my Buddy in less than a month.
She says very confidently "No that is in kilometers!"
HUH? I know for a fact it is not. Because I scoot round trip 40miles a day just for work.
Is this dealer confused or what?! (maybe she is thinking about her buddy100) And If she is that confused why the hell is she working there?
Glen G

1000 miles

Post by Glen G »

My dealer said about ever 1000 - 1200 miles... in the handbook it says 1000 miles in one place (think in the record keeping section in the back), and every 1000 kilometers some where else.. the handbook could use a little clean up.

I'm doing every 1000 miles. I like to have the dealer look at it any way, and they normaly check the breaks and tire pressure. The cost is about $25 or $30 so, I don't think a big deal. Besides, you get to hang out with other Buddy people at the store and talk about how great the Buddy's are ;-)

G
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

official word from Genuine:

topic4196.html
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I came across a bubu 100 last night
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/pgo_bubu_100_2007.php
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

I don't think I communicated very well what I was trying to say. I wasn't asking how often.
I was telling you that the dealer told me that my buddy calculates kilometers on the odometer! Not miles.
Wrong!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

It's in miles, your new dealer is full of crap.

1000 miles sounds kinda right, but it depends on how often you want to change. Genuine has a official statement eric had posted about when to change the oil, but 1000 after so many thousands of miles seems to often to me. Once you have so many thousands and thousands of miles, 1500-2000 miles is what most people change their oil at.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

jfrost2 wrote:It's in miles, your new dealer is full of crap.

1000 miles sounds kinda right, but it depends on how often you want to change. Genuine has a official statement eric had posted about when to change the oil, but 1000 after so many thousands of miles seems to often to me. Once you have so many thousands and thousands of miles, 1500-2000 miles is what most people change their oil at.
Your dealers if a 100 is in kilometers
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

The PGO bubu 100cc was never officially released to the USA by genuine, if someone did really get one, it would be in KM since the headset would be a PGO cluster.