So, I hit a bird the other day...

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

laxer

So, I hit a bird the other day...

Post by laxer »

Ok, so at the start of my commute there's a 35 mph road with very little traffic. Last week I was cruising up around 6 am and this little bird comes flying across the road and almost hits me in the chest. "Phew" I'm thinking "If bugs hurt, that bird would've killed me..." Two days later I'm on my commute around the same time and another bird comes flying diagonally across the road, keeping up with the scoot and moving across the road. He gets right in front of my rattler and just lets up, and PING! smacks right into the right headlight and rolls off into the gutter. I felt really bad for the little bird, but it all happened pretty fast and I just couldn't stop laughing about it as I rode off. Anyone else ever have anything like this happen?
BGK

Re: So, I hit a bird the other day...

Post by BGK »

I've had 2 near misses or just glancing hits with birds so far this year on scooters and one in my van. I've never had it happen before but I'm making up for it in 08.
Frankie 2 Tone

Post by Frankie 2 Tone »

No birds, but squirrels seem to like to play the danger game with me! No casualties yet though!
Kickin' it hard to the Rock Steady Beat!!!!!!!!
dmwarren

Post by dmwarren »

Here in Austin, Bats roost under the overpasses and bridges. The other evening I went for a ride at dusk, and went through a bunch of them as they were leaving for their evening meal. Fortunately I did not hit any. Imagine the sissy dance 45mph!
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

i was at bike week in daytona back when i used to have a sport bike and pigeon flew into my shoulder at 50mph. surprisingly it didnt hurt. i did have a motorcycle jacket on, but i cant imagine that had too much to do with it not hurting
Cadiero

Post by Cadiero »

I have had several near misses with squirrels, I am not sure how the bike will react when I do hit one??? That day will come. Although I did come around a corner the other day and hit a empty tall can that had not been crushed yet....little bit squirly, but recovered fine.

There is a guy that has hit and killed a rattle snake while aboard his Ratter 110 on the yahoo group. He has pictures to prove it.
Buck-Ten 1 - Rattle snake 0 :D :D
Frankie 2 Tone

Post by Frankie 2 Tone »

Cadiero wrote: There is a guy that has hit and killed a rattle snake while aboard his Ratter 110 on the yahoo group. He has pictures to prove it.
Buck-Ten 1 - Rattle snake 0 :D :D
That is irony in its purist form!!!
Kickin' it hard to the Rock Steady Beat!!!!!!!!