Somebody stole my scooter cover

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

IceHouse

Somebody stole my scooter cover

Post by IceHouse »

Had the scooter sitting out back behind our apartment building. Didn't ride it over the weekend, came out, no cover. Grr... Thought maybe the wind from one of the storms we had over the weekend might have blown it off, but couldn't find it anywhere nearby. Why someone would want to steal a cover is beyond me, but I guess it's easy to carry and perhaps they could get a couple bucks from pawning it.

Anyway, I have to get a new cover (and apparently also a lock for my cover as well as the one already on my scoot). Anyone have one that they like?
Cadiero

Post by Cadiero »

I don't have any scooter covers although I would recommend that once you buy a new one to place a brass gromet in it. In order to allow you to slip a lock or cable through it, that way it is locked to the scooter. Most hardware stores carry brass grommets and a small install kit that you can put grommets in just about anything. Should cost you under or around $15. These grommets are the same as the ones you see in the corners on the blue plastic tarps you buy at the hardware store.

Hope this helps, sorry to hear about your loss.
Cochese

Post by Cochese »