No Buddy Parts?!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Corsair

No Buddy Parts?!

Post by Corsair »

Anyone out there having any luck getting parts for the Buddy? Any dealers keeping a good stock? What's the word in your area?

Just a note: even if your Buddy is running perfectly talk with your dealer about keeping a good stock of parts just in case (which they should anyway). It really sucks having a scooter just sitting there while you wait for parts. Dear Genuine, please get more shipment from Taiwan ASAP. Help make the lives of dealers and customers a better one :)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I'm afraid Genuine is about one season behind in dealing with the parts issue. They sold more scoots than expected last year and struggled through the fall and winter in catching up with the parts and accessories backlog. Sales this year have substantially exceeded last year and they appear to be struggling again to keep up with accessories and parts. It will probably again take them until late in the year to catch up with ther backlog on harder to get items.

I guess I understand at least part of the problem. My local dealer has sold about 65 Buddy's this month. That is probably almost 65 rear racks that he does not have and Genuine is desperately trying to get from their supplier.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I would be more concerned about hard parts necessary to keep her running than accessory parts. I tend to keep my scoots stock and like to use manufacturer replacement parts.
My Buddy dealer is a Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer also and keeps very few parts on hand for them. The good news is those manufacturers have a good network to get parts quickly.
Maybe our Buddys won't need any replacement hard parts for three or four years! I can dream can't I? :lol:
Laura

parts & 2009 200 cc???

Post by Laura »

Hey I just read that Genuine is coming out with a fuel injected 200cc scoot in early 2009. It didn't say if it was to be a Buddy or not.
Dang... :cry:
Now I'll just have to get another!

re: parts...what are you looking for?
Maybe I have an extra.
I have never had to wait more than a week for parts/ accessories. And my dealer keeps a good supply of everything... it's just good Business: )
If your dealer is out, try Scooterworks or call some place in like Montana...Scooterville in Missoula: )...
You might get lucky!

genuinescootergirl
San Francisco Scooter Girls
2006 Genuine Buddy 125cc w/ 10,000+ miles
2008 Genuine Buddy St. Tropez w/ killer air horn
CAnnonball 08
trevo_man

Post by trevo_man »

I know exactly what you mean. My local dealer has now twice ordered me parts, I wait a couple weeks, and it turns out to be the wrong size or something.

Right now I am waiting on a new crank shaft nut (since I stripped it along with the actual shaft last week) from Scooterworks. They seem to have most every part available. I doubt I will work with my dealer anymore for parts.
Dooglas

Re: parts & 2009 200 cc???

Post by Dooglas »

Laura wrote: I have never had to wait more than a week for parts/ accessories. And my dealer keeps a good supply of everything... it's just good Business: )
Sounds like you have never ordered a body panel or a headlight ring.