Interest in rattler big bore chime in

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brandon75173

Interest in rattler big bore chime in

Post by brandon75173 »

I know scooter works monitors the board. Lets get a good official count of who would buy a 130cc+ cylinder for the Rattler. I would pay for one the day they are said to be coming. Possibly two if I buy the fiance a rattler.

Brandon
vespatech

Post by vespatech »

you can toss one my way.....ide rather have a drag scoot than a commuter!
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

i would be all for it if mine wasnt under warranty. but once the warranty is up count me in
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Warranty..............its a scooter not a car. You can blow it up and fix damn near the whole mess for $500. Dont live in fear.

Brandon
Evans Performance

the whole reason i bought it was cause of gas prices. i ride it to work everyday and i want it to start and go just like a new car would. i have a BMW M3 and turbo civic when i want to go fast
Groovealufagus

Post by Groovealufagus »

I thought someone from the yahoo group had spoken to Scooterworks and they told him they're expecting to release the 134cc kit an 30mm carb some time in the next month. The question is really who they worked with to develop the kit. Malossi or Polini? I'm in. Prima... I'll just put in a 24mm Kehein carb, rejet and call her done.
Evans Performance

has anyone heard of anyone parting these scooters out yet? i would be real interested in an engine and swing arm that i could build up and then just bolt on
vespatech

Post by vespatech »

i'll check on that and get you a price
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Evans Performance wrote:the whole reason i bought it was cause of gas prices. i ride it to work everyday and i want it to start and go just like a new car would. i have a BMW M3 and turbo civic when i want to go fast
How has your luck been with the M3? I know a couple of guys that have had nothing but issues with theirs. What kinda power are you making in the civic? I have heard several guys talk about their fast civics, but not seen one in person. Turbo or otherwise.
MPA

Post by MPA »

I'd be interested depending on how much it adds up top. I want to see an actual GPS'd 60+mph easily on flats :wink:
Evans Performance

brandon75173 wrote: How has your luck been with the M3? I know a couple of guys that have had nothing but issues with theirs. What kinda power are you making in the civic? I have heard several guys talk about their fast civics, but not seen one in person. Turbo or otherwise.
the M3 is stock for now, no real issues at this point other than normal wear. a supercharger is in the works, but so is a marrage and a few other things, so its kinda on the back burner. right now i am in the process of building an engine for the civic in hopes of 500whp with 25-30psi and 9k rpm on a single cam 1.6

here is a couple quick engine shots for you. they are kind of old and unfinished, but there isnt much different now. just the wastegate dump goes back into the exhaust under the engine

my turbo eats 9b's for breakfast(9b's are stock 3000gt turbos)
Cadiero

Lack of Big Bore Kits for the Rattler 110

Post by Cadiero »

Sign me up for 4 Big Bore kits.

I have been emailing Scooter Works Technician "Ryan" and have inquired about the big bore kit and how soon I can order one. He replied with: " i cannot answer when the big bore kit will be available lack of demand made us shelve it for now." This was on 5-29-08. :x

I am pretty disapointed with Scooter Works at this point, they have been making far too many promises that they have not come through on.

To start with, one of the primary reasons that I bought a Rattler 110 was because the CEO of Genuine Scooter stated for several years now that a Big Bore kit was going to be available right away. Pretty frustrating that now they are NOT releasing it. It bums me out, but mainly Scooter Works is loosing the most. Considering that you can order Big Bore kits out of Taiwan.

Also I ordered 4 Prima pipes, 4 springs, 4 sets of weights, and 4 sets of jets. Some of the parts showed up...late and other parts still have not shown up over a month later. When I call Scooter Works and ask where my parts are they state they are "stuck in Customs for 2 to 6 weeks." Which is a total load of B.S. considering I order 40 ft. sea containers from China to Oakland on a regular basis and they only get "stuck in customs" for about a week. And when I told them that, they told me that their orders and shipping come internationaly?? My response was where do you think China is in relation to Oakland, CA ?????? Ya, I would say that was "international shipping" !!! Supposedly after talking with Shawn the director of sales my parts haven't left the factory in Italy yet. Even though his sales staff has been telling me that my parts where "stuck in customs" for over a month now.

Not to mention Ryan the tech guy recommended that I purchase 12gram weights for better performance. And as we all now have found, 12g weights make the 110 a total dog out of the hole shot. So I go to order 4 more sets of weights in the 8gram weight and they don't have anything in stock for the next "2 to 6 weeks" and yes you guessed it...because they are "stuck in customs" again. Sounds like they need to fire the guy in the ordering/shipping department, if they want to keep any customers around. Not to mention I have heard stories that Scooter Works has recommended and sold 10gram weights to Rattler owners in hopes to improve performance. Well if you don't know by now...the stock Rattler 110 comes with 10 gram roller weights. Nice ! I guess that's a good way of getting rid of back stock.

My recommendations to Scooter Works:

-release the big bore kits, or your customers will buy from overseas
-stock lots of the roller weights in the 7 to 9 gram increments
-train your sales staff about your products, some of them have not even heard of what a roller weight is.
-don't feed your customers the B.S. line of "stuck in customs." If you can't get the parts...GET A NEW SUPPLIER !!!
-don't promise something that isn't even withen your grasp
-post pictures of the parts you sell on your website.

And lastly change that inhuman form of torture that you call music that I have to indure while being put on HOLD !!!!! Come on seriously have you heard it ?
MPA

Post by MPA »

If you're still looking for rollers I bought mine off of ebay - I just searched for "16x13 rollers".

I'm more interested in a manual at this point. The person I bought mine from has one in PDF format - I guess since he works at a Genuine Dealer. But it was too big for him to e-mail and he didn't reply when I asked him to burn it to CD.
barndwellers_md

Post by barndwellers_md »

I called Scooterworks once...the tech lady was pleasant but was obvious to me that she lacked knowledge. She got offended when I asked to speak to someone who at least knew the Rattler was a two stroke.

I went overseas for parts. I'm eyeing up the watercooled block.
Last edited by barndwellers_md on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Performance

where do you get parts other than scooter works. i have looked a little bit and never found much. do you have to search for the pmx 110?
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

barndwellers_md wrote:I called Scooterworks once...the tech lady was pleasant but was obvious to me that she lacked knowledge. She got offended when I asked to speak to somone who at least knew the Rattler was a two stroke.

I went overseas for parts. I'm eyeing up the watercooled block.
You and me both on the watercooled cylinder. I am going to run this aircooled big bore until the watercooled option is all worked out. That will be fantastic.
MPA

Post by MPA »

barndwellers_md wrote:I went overseas for parts. I'm eyeing up the watercooled block.
yeah I've seen that - I'm curious as to how everything gets hooked up, and even where to get the stuff as that guy said you'd have to source your own radiator and pump.
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

MPA wrote:
barndwellers_md wrote:I went overseas for parts. I'm eyeing up the watercooled block.
yeah I've seen that - I'm curious as to how everything gets hooked up, and even where to get the stuff as that guy said you'd have to source your own radiator and pump.
Dont worry at all about the radiator and water pump. The zuma guys have already figured that one out for us. A remote 12v pump and small radiator will do the trick. The radiator will go right where your 2 stroke container is currently. I have been working on all the logistics as best I can.
MPA

Post by MPA »

ahhh I didn't realize the Zuma's were water cooled.

What do you mean by "2 stroke container"? The oil container?
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Zumas are not water cooled. They do have sourceable cylinders that are jacketed and people have converted the same as we want to do. And yes, the oil container. You remove the container hatch and have great exposure for the radiator as well. Its a good natural fit. I think there is going to be a far amount of trimming involved, but no biggy.
Evans Performance

on car forums i sell parts for water/ air intercoolers among a lot of other things. i can get all different sizes of heat exchangers and i also have water pumps. if anyone is interested you can contact me directly
MPA

Post by MPA »

ahh that doesn't sound too bad at all.
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Evans Performance wrote:on car forums i sell parts for water/ air intercoolers among a lot of other things. i can get all different sizes of heat exchangers and i also have water pumps. if anyone is interested you can contact me directly
How small in dimension can you get an intercooler/radiator? I have never even looked for little bity stuff like this.
Evans Performance

the smallest I can get is 11.5"x4.25"
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

I think that will be damn near dead on after eye balling. I am going to cutout a piece of cardboard as a mockup and see how it will swing.

Thanks
Cadiero

Post by Cadiero »

Whats the cost on that cooler? Do you have pics you can post? What size hose fittings does it have? Does it have a place for a preasure cap? Does it have tabs for mounting?
Evans Performance

sorry for the late reply, im not on this site a whole bunch but something in another thread reminded me of this.

the price on the heat exchanger is $60 shipped in the lower 48 states and those -12an fittings are included