Question for Kansas City People

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

beagldog

Question for Kansas City People

Post by beagldog »

After reading the article that was posted in the General Discussion forum about scooters in KC, I was wandering what favorite routes people take to work here. I live in Mission but work next to Arrowhead Stadium-I can't seem to find a scooter friendly way to go. :?:
Piedmont

Post by Piedmont »

Bannister to Raytown Road.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Oh, eegads! You're not REALLY sending beagl down Bannister during morning rush hour. . .ARE YOU?

Okay, that being said, sweetie husband's campus is right there off of Bannister, and if you are going down 95th/Bannister, I would suggest taking Blue Pkwy north until it runs into Swope Park and then L running up Gregory until you hit Blue Ridge. Then L on Blue Ridge (north) until it turns R there where it becomes Blue Ridge Cut-Off. Continue through Raytown for those few blocks until Blue Ridge hangs a L and goes on north. Yep, you are getting closer. :wink: That stretch of Blue Ridge is a very nice ride. Do you know how to shoot over from Blue Ridge then?

And if you don't want to do Blue Pkwy I would do something like your choice of road (I think Holmes is okay and MUCH better than Wornall until you get to 75th, and then I like Wornall okay, but I wouldn't ride on it further south with all the crazy darting) north to 71st/Gregory, and take it east through Swope Park and same thing from there once you hit Blue Ridge.

The Blue Pkwy option keeps you from the section of "the hood" on Gregory, and I think the traffic around 71 interchange is DANGEROUS even in a car, but you might think 95th is too far south from you to get yourself back north.

I think those are your two best options unless you you want to go through the Plaza area and across that Parkway. You still have "hood" for some part though, and I don't know how fast you like to drive. . .

If you have any questions about those paths let me know. We go that way to get over to Independence and have explored further north to get into NKC.

Good Luck!
~Celebrate~
Piedmont

Post by Piedmont »

Never taken it during rush hour. That's how I come back from the 'burbs after dark though. It's really not terrible during non-rushy times.
beagldog

Post by beagldog »

Actually I was thinking going through the Plaza and over to Van Brunt because that drops right close to Raytown road but unfortunately, Van Brunt is not so "nice". I would be a moving target with a JOCO tag and light blue scooter in that area. Going all the way up to 95th/Bannister is way out of the way though.

Thanks for your suggestions though-maybe the little Chevy Aveo is the best thing for work :sigh:
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Well you might want to try Gregory all the way over. . .if you don't mind the rush hour 71 interchange. There are stoplights, and I use to drive my car over there all the time. . .You just basically have from Troost down to Swope Park of 'hood', and I have never been worried about the crime. Just more about the driving. If that is north enough for your starting point you could always try it out during non-rush and see what you think.

Good luck!
~Celebrate~
Piedmont

Post by Piedmont »

Well, 31st turns into 40 hwy more or less at Van Brunt. That's actually how I usually go to the 'burbs.