My buddy is great but.....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pdxer

My buddy is great but.....

Post by pdxer »

So is my tat! :D
Attachments
P1000150.JPG
P1000150.JPG (68.63 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

looks good!

How fresh?

I have been getting the itch for more lately... if only i had a couple grand to drop on my shoulders and back piece...
pdxer

Post by pdxer »

13 hours and $1300 later.....you too can have another piece! It's two years old in sept.....
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Dude! That road rash is horrible! :wink:
pdxer

Post by pdxer »

Uh...that's dudette....and i'm probably old enough to be your mother! :D
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

pdxer wrote:Uh...that's dudette....and i'm probably old enough to be your mother! :D
DOH! My apologies. Although I'm an old dude, so I probably have you beat there. But you win on tat count.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Thats a nice looking tat Pdxer, you should add it to the Body Mods thread ;)
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

I'm just curious....could you tell me what happens to the tatoos as a person ages and the skin wrinkles? Does the tatoo stay in place or does the tatoo image change/imerge as the skin looses it elasticity?
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

nowadays tattoo's hold up very well with the advancement in pigments and machine's. You should see some of the work with the compressed air systems :shock:
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Pneumatic tattoo machine

My favorite tattoo ever
pdxer

Post by pdxer »

put it this way..... i will be eventually old and saggy....i would much rather have some ink on it to hide the aging process!! tats are soooo popular in portland i've recently seen a woman in her 60's with two full sleeves that looked awesome. i get compliments on my ink all the time by those you'd never think they would appreciate it. to me it's art....
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

The ink holds up very well. like Pdxer said, its not uncommon to see people in their 60's in Portland that have full sleves that still look brand new. Sometimes brightly colored tattoos will need a touchup every now and then, but by and large they stay nice throughout your whole life.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Kaos wrote:The ink holds up very well. like Pdxer said, its not uncommon to see people in their 60's in Portland that have full sleves that still look brand new. Sometimes brightly colored tattoos will need a touchup every now and then, but by and large they stay nice throughout your whole life.
You realize that's because alot of them are new :wink: old people get tattooed as well
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Yeah, I realize that :) But theres alot of old old people who've had tattoos forever as well.
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

Don't tell my wife, but ink on a woman is HOT HOT HOT! The more the better. Nice work pdxer.

And, am I the only one that wants to touch tattoos? I know it sounds weird because they're really not tactile but I just love to run my hands over ink on women (sorry guys).
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

schlagle wrote:Don't tell my wife, but ink on a woman is HOT HOT HOT! The more the better. Nice work pdxer.

And, am I the only one that wants to touch tattoos? I know it sounds weird because they're really not tactile but I just love to run my hands over ink on women (sorry guys).

this sounds like a post for another... more "mature" forum... :wink:
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

schlagle: I've really never understood people wanting to touch tattoos. People have asked me several times to touch mine. They feel like the rest of your skin after healing, and heck if I'm letting you put your grubby fingers on them BEFORE they're done healing ;)
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

Maybe we should start a "Dear MikieTaps..." forum that resembles those ridiculous stories from the adult mags. Er.. uh.. at least I hear they are ridiculous. Wouldn't know myself, yeah, that's it, wouldn't know myself :)
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

Kaos wrote:schlagle: I've really never understood people wanting to touch tattoos. People have asked me several times to touch mine. They feel like the rest of your skin after healing, and heck if I'm letting you put your grubby fingers on them BEFORE they're done healing ;)
Ya I know what you mean. I can't explain it in any rational way. I just want to touch them. Weird.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Kaos wrote:schlagle: I've really never understood people wanting to touch tattoos. People have asked me several times to touch mine. They feel like the rest of your skin after healing, and heck if I'm letting you put your grubby fingers on them BEFORE they're done healing ;)
I dont mind letting girls touch my tattoos... most of them are on my back... so we would have to get pretty friendly :wink:
bunny

Post by bunny »

I get comments on this one all the time...

They grab my arm and rub it to see if it's fake...and then they just stand there with their fingers on it...
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Bunny, thats an awesome tattoo. I've got a tattoo of my son's footprint from the hospital the day he was born. It looks like it's ink-stamped on my arm. I've had people try to rub it off like it's fake. It always cracks me up :)
bunny

Post by bunny »

OH has a really slick ornate skeleton key tat that symbolizes me, (PEZ is OH's monogram) That tat also gets remarks...the tat artist was amazing and really put detail and thought into them. The skeleton key looks awesome. I will have to post a pic of it later.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

ryder1 wrote:I'm just curious....could you tell me what happens to the tatoos as a person ages and the skin wrinkles? Does the tatoo stay in place or does the tatoo image change/imerge as the skin looses it elasticity?
Obviously, the sun will do the most damage to a tattoo. Over time, a tattoo will fade if not protected. I always keep a tube of sunblock with me. Or, if I'm in the car, I have an old cut-off sleeve that I'll put on since all my work is on my driving arm.
pdxer

Post by pdxer »

bunny i love that tat!! :D
BarnabyHooge

Post by BarnabyHooge »

Dang it, now I wanted another one..........

That tat is AWESOME.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Thats the problem with tattoos, once you get one then you want more :)
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

My last one was 13 years ago. I haven't heard of this pneumatic tattooing. What is it and who does it? It looks GREAT!