Buddy Parts

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

spinbud

Buddy Parts

Post by spinbud »

Love the Buddy, hate the non-available parts situation. It's almost a deal breaker. I couldn't recommend any vehicle where replacement parts aren't available. What have I done. :?
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

people are buying them too fast for the dealers to have them in stock.

maybe too many buddy scooterists crashing? :(

your dealer can order them right? might just take a week or so
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

you could always try to just buy a second buddy... that way you will ALWAYS have parts on hand... :D
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

MikieTaps wrote:you could always try to just buy a second buddy... that way you will ALWAYS have parts on hand... :D
thats why I have 3 mikie :wink:
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

see :shock:

Im not 100% crazy!
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

oh darn, im jealous of you scootertrash, you and your buddy collection :P

i want a collection myself, my bf says im crazy and there's really no point when you can drive the buhjesus out of the one and only scoot i've got
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

r0sa wrote:oh darn, im jealous of you scootertrash, you and your buddy collection :P

i want a collection myself, my bf says im crazy and there's really no point when you can drive the buhjesus out of the one and only scoot i've got
haha, one is mine (red) one is the wife's (cream) and one is my brothers (orange)
sotied

Post by sotied »

What parts are you looking for? Many things can be made from tinfoil. I mean if you're not using it to block the brain rays from the government.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

All the scooter importers are way behind on parts due to high sales and demand. Vespa, in particular, struggles to maintain parts supply. It would be great if Genuine could keep up better, but what manufacturer/importer would you switch over to instead?
spinbud

parts availability

Post by spinbud »

Good point about makers other than genuine having difficulty keeping up with parts requests. Didn't know that. You see endless websites and most of scooterworks cataloge dedicated to Vespa parts. Hard to believe the parts are just as backordered.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

That's weird. I'm having the opposite experience. However, I'm not depending on my dealer.

If you're looking for scooter parts, try just calling Scooterworks, get a sales person on the line, and have them track the parts down for you. You might get things a little quicker than your dealer will.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com