Finally a long trip.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Finally a long trip.

Post by 360 »

Ok, so in the month and a half that I've had my Blur I haven't really ridden it more than 20-30 miles at a time until last weekend.
So, Sunday a group of about 11 scooters or so took a ride along the Fox River (IL) where I finally got to push it a bit. This was the first time I was able to a) open it full throttle and b) get it up to over 70mph which felt surprisingly comfortable at that speed! ..and it seemed to have RPMs to spare. Speeding over bumpy road isn't too bad either thanks to the suspension and perhaps even the high seat position. Even being new to the 2-wheel world (motorized at least) I was able to keep towards the front of the pack (a pretty fast pack, I might add) and take those corners like a champ. (or at least in mind;) lol. The total trip was about 100miles and the weather and scenery was beautiful! (well, as much as the flatlands of Illinois CAN be scenic)

This ride definitely had me feeling more comfortable about potential future short-distance highway driving...we'll see. Tomorrow I'm bringing it in for it's first servicing since it's right near the 500 mile mark.

..seems the mileage is getting a little better too.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Great Post! Glad to hear it.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Hi 360,

Glad to hear you had such a great ride. I haven't pushed mine that hard yet and have tried to adhear to the 'break-in' suggestions ... but I'm really looking to open things up soon.

BTW - Mine ran even better after the 1st service (and valve adjustment)

Ride on!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!

Post by 360 »

You're right, I did worry about that a little. (breaking it in too hard)

Although, I just had my first service and I swear the top end is not as high as I could get it last week.

Last week on a long ride I got it over 70mph, today after the service on Friday, I could barely get it over an indicated 65mph. hmmm
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Was that Patrick's ride? I've missed every ride this fall, dangit... I suppose we'll meet sooner or later... and then we'll be the "Blur twins" instead of "the Guy with the Blur"

(I do not mean to imply that you look physically anything like me, for your sake I hope you do not.)

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.

Post by 360 »

Yup, both were Patrick's rides...there's talk of a possible Wednesday night ride...we'll see if that goes.

Actually, i'm curious...where and when did you buy your Blur?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

360 wrote:Actually, i'm curious...where and when did you buy your Blur?
I test-rode the prototype for 2strokeBuzz at the Minneapolis rally in August, and dug it a lot, so I asked Phil from Pride of Cleveland Scooters to bring one to Slaughterhouse for me, we've been friends for a long time, and he gave me a good deal w/a trade-in for one of my vintage Vespas. So I've had pretty much since they came out, but that's only been a couple months, right? Seems like it's been longer than that, but no, ha.

The photo gallery on my site is the Minneapolis one, not mine, btw
http://2strokebuzz.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2495

here's my original review, if you didn't see it (I think i sent it to you)
http://2strokebuzz.com/index.php/?p=3163

Bb

Post by 360 »

hahaha, oh yeah I've read your review before (probably like 3 or 4 times before I bought mine.) At the time, there was only pretty much your review and the one on justgottascoot.com and I was thirsty for more info, so...After finding out all I could find on the Blur, I read both reviews many more times just for a lil'fix. lol

Now, I wanna know what parts they'll come out with so I can bump the speed up a notch. :twisted:
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

360 wrote:hahaha, oh yeah I've read your review before (probably like 3 or 4 times before I bought mine.) At the time, there was only pretty much your review and the one on justgottascoot.com and I was thirsty for more info, so...After finding out all I could find on the Blur, I read both reviews many more times just for a lil'fix. lol

Now, I wanna know what parts they'll come out with so I can bump the speed up a notch. :twisted:
I was in a hurry this morning and hardly anyone was there, but I'll see what I can get out of them today as far as parts/accessories/new model info, when I pick it up tonight. And I'll probably see you before the ride tonight.

BTW, what did you pay for your 500bdu service? I forgot to ask what it cost.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Follow up:

Got the Blur back from 500bdu service... it cost a bit over $100, which was kinda funny because I got my Honda CR-V valves adjusted and oil changed last week (at 75,000 miles) for about the same price, and the CR-V has 14 more valves and several quarts more oil than the Blur... I guess you pay a premium for their scooter-specific expertise. I asked about buying a workshop manual for the Blur, Massimo said they only had a couple copies for the shop but they were working on getting more.

Met 360 at the ride last night, and Chicago's only two Blurs met for the first time, ha. Sadly, i skipped the ride because I had to get home. Nice to meet you, Chris!

I asked about the racks, they've approved the prototype and it's in production, should be on dealer shelves 'before the holidays.'

Bb.

Post by 360 »

illnoise wrote:Follow up:

Got the Blur back from 500bdu service... it cost a bit over $100, which was kinda funny because I got my Honda CR-V valves adjusted and oil changed last week (at 75,000 miles) for about the same price, and the CR-V has 14 more valves and several quarts more oil than the Blur... I guess you pay a premium for their scooter-specific expertise. I asked about buying a workshop manual for the Blur, Massimo said they only had a couple copies for the shop but they were working on getting more.

Met 360 at the ride last night, and Chicago's only two Blurs met for the first time, ha. Sadly, i skipped the ride because I had to get home. Nice to meet you, Chris!

I asked about the racks, they've approved the prototype and it's in production, should be on dealer shelves 'before the holidays.'

Bb.
wasup man, good meeting you too! You should've stayed, it was a nice ride. My favorite parts where riding through Chinatown (which felt like a movie for some reason. haha), driving through some Lower Wacker alternate route (i'll have to find that alternate again, because that miles of tunnels and then parking lots with no intersections) and then ending up on the other side of LSD by the Field museum treated to one of the nicest views of the Chi that i've seen. (although i've probably said that many times before..but I think this one was.)

As for the tune-up, yeah that's what I paid too (despite it definitely not taking them an hour). Forgot to ask about the manual, but did mention the rack. Phil told me probably by the end of the month, we'll see.