got a letter from genuine today...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mybetty

got a letter from genuine today...

Post by mybetty »

so, genuine sent me a letter thanking me for purchasing a buddy, telling me they appreciate my business. they also included some brochures, and encouraged me to pass them on to friends and strangers who may be interested in buying a buddy of their own. i thought that was pretty funny since a)this is the first correspondance i have gotten from genuine, b)i bought my scoot almost 3 months ago, and c)i still have not received my roadside assistance information from them. incidentally, the brocures still have the topcase pictured, and does not have windshields or their godawful seatcovers, so it is an outdated brochure, too. :shock:
good one...has anyone else gotten someting similar from genuine?
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

No mailings here. As I stated elsewhere I bought my Bud on 7-29 and rec'd Roadside info about 2 wks ago....
Bottom line....no problems w/Ebsen after 1800mi.
GatsbyGirl

Post by GatsbyGirl »

Nothing from Genuine, but the husband is proud that I have magically been added to the Scooterworks mailing list, so now he doesn't have to share his catalogues.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I got the same mailing from Genuine this weekend.

I thought it was kind of funny, because I had just ridden home from work and on the way a guy on a crotch-rocket asked me where I got the scooter.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
FlyingGary

Post by FlyingGary »

I received that mailing about a week ago. I appreciate that they've provided an e-mail address to write about my buying experience, but I wonder if it'll be used at all for anything meaningful.
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

:cry:
I got nothin'.......I feel so unloved!!!!
Keys

Post by Keys »

I didn't get anything either...I think they're mad at me because mine keeps breaking down and it makes me grumpy and demanding.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

I feel so left out :(
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

I've received "all of the above." I got the letter and brochures last week. At least they seem to making an effort with customer service.

Recieved my roadside assistance info/cards about 6 weeks after purchasing my buddy.

I was disappointed in the Scooterworks catalog - very Vespa and Stella friendly - nothing specific for Buddy owners.
NarMeowZippy

Post by NarMeowZippy »

I just got mine today too.
It's Scooter-rific!!!
mybetty

Post by mybetty »

well, for those who have not gotten theirs yet, they do include an email address in the letter, asking for info about our dealer and purchasing experience. here it is: info@genuinescooters.com
genuine did ask that all letter receivers keep this information personal and confidential, because we were specially chosen from the population of buddy owners due to our intelligence, good looks, stunning personalities, and senses of humor. but, i want everyone to know how to get in touch with genuine if need be. and i'm stubborn.
:lol:
GatsbyGirl

Post by GatsbyGirl »

Ha! Just got my letter today (Mike, I'll be writing to sing your dealer praises tonight).

Not sure why they sent me three identical copies of the outdated accessories flier though, other than their encouragement to give them out to "friends and interested parties." It seems we really have joined a cult.

I wonder if we've been added to the Genuine Christmas card list too.
Last edited by GatsbyGirl on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
castleton

Post by castleton »

Hasn't hit the NE yet (if ever)! But nice gesture--right around the holidays!!! (no cynicism here)

:mrgreen:
--Pam

"You're not the boss of me, now."
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

Nothing in the OKCity either. Haven't even gotten my roadside stuff yet and I've had my Buddy since June!
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

I received the letter and 3 brochures today as well. Also still waiting on the roadside assistance info.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

gt1000 wrote:I received the letter and 3 brochures today as well. Also still waiting on the roadside assistance info.
+1
Fueldrum

I got

Post by Fueldrum »

I got a $500 gift certificate towards the purchase of accessories from Genuine.

And a cookie.
--Nick
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

Got mine today too! Been about 5 weeks since I got my Buddy.
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

SteMer wrote:I was disappointed in the Scooterworks catalog - very Vespa and Stella friendly - nothing specific for Buddy owners.
Because it's the same catalog that they've had for over two years now.
Give 'em time. With the popularity of the Buddy, it won't be long before there's a decent catalog and an availibilty of Buddy accessories.
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
SirLexelot

Post by SirLexelot »

I got a letter last Friday, and I wrote to the email address today. I was sure to let them know that it was definitely the right call to pick NoHo Scooters as their LA dealer.

It definitely is funny that they sent out the old brochure featuring the (hopefully) discontinuted awful top cases. But Genuine is usually a bit slow with the print and web advertising, and it's no big deal.

I told them that the Buddy is fantastic (of course) and also told them that they ought to release a 100/110cc version of the Black Cat and the Rattler. I bet those bikes would be SUPER-popular if they came with those engine configurations (which ARE available from PGO). I would love a 110cc Rattler to go off-road tooling around on. :)
punkelf

Post by punkelf »

SirLexelot wrote:I told them that the Buddy is fantastic (of course) and also told them that they ought to release a 100/110cc version of the Black Cat and the Rattler. I bet those bikes would be SUPER-popular if they came with those engine configurations (which ARE available from PGO). I would love a 110cc Rattler to go off-road tooling around on.
I agree, if I was currently shopping for a new scoot, the Buddy would be near (if not at the top) of my list. Unfortunately :twisted: I have been sucked into the world of steel-bodied manual scoots. But if I was to add a new scoot to the stable, and the higher cc Rattler were available, that would be my top pick. I'd wager I'm not alone in that.

The bad thing about scooters is that once your hooked, you have the justification that owning a couple, will still be less expensive than a cage!
"It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." - Ulysses Everett McGill

www.honkytonkdragon.blogspot.com
Micah_Prophet

Re: I got

Post by Micah_Prophet »

Fueldrum wrote:I got a $500 gift certificate towards the purchase of accessories from Genuine.
What is this about? Have you had problems with the scoot or is this a promotion program?
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

SirLexelot wrote:I told them that the Buddy is fantastic (of course) and also told them that they ought to release a 100/110cc version of the Black Cat and the Rattler. I bet those bikes would be SUPER-popular if they came with those engine configurations (which ARE available from PGO). I would love a 110cc Rattler to go off-road tooling around on. :)
Rumor has it there is already a larger-version Rattler in the works. It will likely be a 125 or 15O.
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
GatsbyGirl

Re: I got

Post by GatsbyGirl »

Micah_Prophet wrote:
Fueldrum wrote:I got a $500 gift certificate towards the purchase of accessories from Genuine.
What is this about? Have you had problems with the scoot or is this a promotion program?
Considering Fueldrum bought his Buddy used off Craig's List, I believe this was a joke.
Micah_Prophet

Post by Micah_Prophet »

I need to pay more attention.... Thanks!
ScooterLibby

Post by ScooterLibby »

I got mine about two days ago. I'm trying to get more kids on campus on scoots, maybe I'll post them up around here. Although the whole suburban theme won't be very appealing to a bunch of college kids.
We're not cute, we're dangerous!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I defintely steered a friend into buying a Buddy for he and his wife to share (meaning they'll want a second before long). Too bad there's no referral program. :(
Fueldrum

Post by Fueldrum »

Sorry Micah, but it was definately a joke!
--Nick
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

Hubby got one today for his Blur that he bought 2 weeks ago....too bad he traded it in on a QLink Legacy 3 days later :lol:
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

dahuffy wrote:Hubby got one today for his Blur that he bought 2 weeks ago....too bad he traded it in on a QLink Legacy 3 days later :lol:
Does he still have it? Seems like he must have traded it for something else by now! :P
Keys

Post by Keys »

Dang it, Fueldrum...I was looking forward to getting a cookie.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

vitaminC wrote:
dahuffy wrote:Hubby got one today for his Blur that he bought 2 weeks ago....too bad he traded it in on a QLink Legacy 3 days later :lol:
Does he still have it? Seems like he must have traded it for something else by now! :P
Yeah, I know :lol: I think he's finally found what he wants. I drove it (Legacy)myself the other night and had a ball. I'm planning on trading my Buddy in on a new one when the '07 comes out. I understand they will have one in blue :D
Fueldrum

Post by Fueldrum »

Sorry Keys, I owe you a cookie. I'd mail you one, but some hungry postman would probably get to it first. :shock:
--Nick
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Keys wrote:Dang it, Fueldrum...I was looking forward to getting a cookie.

--Keys 8)
When I bought my (first) MINI, from MINI of Nashville, I was pleasantly surprised to get a tin of cookies from them in the mail a few weeks later- those were some of the best cookies I've had! :mrgreen: The cookies (and that MINI) are of course long gone, but the tin remains...
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Got the letter from Genuine yesterday, but I still haven't seen my roadside assistance stuff.

My brother's truck crapped out Monday morning, so I'm driving my car to pick him up and go to work this week. Sheesh.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

Got the mailing today, got the roadside assistance awhile ago.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

I got the mailing a few days ago, and I got my roadside assistance goodness several weeks ago...
Huh? What just happened?
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

mybetty wrote:well, for those who have not gotten theirs yet, they do include an email address in the letter, asking for info about our dealer and purchasing experience. here it is: info@genuinescooters.com
genuine did ask that all letter receivers keep this information personal and confidential, because we were specially chosen from the population of buddy owners due to our intelligence, good looks, stunning personalities, and senses of humor. but, i want everyone to know how to get in touch with genuine if need be. and i'm stubborn.
:lol:
If that's who they sent them to obviously you got one intended for your neighhbor!!!! Tee hee.....
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Got the letter from Genuine yesterday, but I still haven't seen my roadside assistance stuff.

My brother's truck crapped out Monday morning, so I'm driving my car to pick him up and go to work this week. Sheesh.

ECS

I received a letter 2 days ago from Genuine as well.

Hey Elm Creek Smith we still waiting for you to post some pictures where are they :P

RunRun
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
rajron

Post by rajron »

I just got my letter in the mail today – I must be further away than everyone else because we were about week late with receiving accessories in this area as well – or more like we just don’t have the populace – My roadside assistance came nearly 2 months ago though.
I’m going to ask them about performance goodies for the 125.