Buddy trunk drama.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

k80478

Buddy trunk drama.

Post by k80478 »

I consider myself pretty handy so when I got my Buddy trunk with NO instructions I thought I would be able to figure it out. Well it's been 2 weeks and I have tried 3 times to install this thing and I am about ready to throw it into the street. Can someone please help?!
-Very sad Buddy owner

:cry:
docutech

Post by docutech »

what kind of trunk? Do you have the rear rack installed?
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Welcome aboard, k80478! I moved your thread to the General Discussion forum. :D
ModBud #442
hcstrider

Post by hcstrider »

I assume that you are trying to install one of the Genuine top cases to your Buddy in which case the following 2 threads may help you. If you have not already done this then you will also have to replace the standard rear rack with either the chrome or black rear rack. The Genuine topcase mounts onto the chrome/black rear rack.

viewtopic.php?t=1687&highlight=topcase+install

viewtopic.php?t=2780&highlight=
Wayne
The safest rule, no ifs or buts
Just drive like everyone else is nuts! (Burma Shave)
k80478

Problem Solved!

Post by k80478 »

Thanks to all that replied:)
Wayne thanks for directing me to the posting with pictures of how it's mounted.
This helped out so much!
Once again Thanks to all!

:lol:
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

A slightly different drama...

i haven't even opened my topcase's box yet, and I've had it for nearly a month already. I wanted to wait until after I took the msf course before putting it on, but after my crash I don't even want it out of knowing how easily it would likely get damaged beyond repair. But can't return it even unopened cuz they don't take returns on accessories. So $140 down the drain. :cry:

Oh, but the other day I did see a back basket that matches my front basket and only for $35..and the front basket survived the crash with only a minor bend in it. I want!! lol But still don't know what to to do with the topcase.
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
jaded

Post by jaded »

anndelise wrote:A slightly different drama...

i haven't even opened my topcase's box yet, and I've had it for nearly a month already. I wanted to wait until after I took the msf course before putting it on, but after my crash I don't even want it out of knowing how easily it would likely get damaged beyond repair. But can't return it even unopened cuz they don't take returns on accessories. So $140 down the drain. :cry:

Oh, but the other day I did see a back basket that matches my front basket and only for $35..and the front basket survived the crash with only a minor bend in it. I want!! lol But still don't know what to to do with the topcase.
Um, sell it?
For Sale/Wanted
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

lol, i've never ventured into that part of the forum so didn't really realize it was there, :lol: thanks :D
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/