which lock?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

1dozer

which lock?

Post by 1dozer »

My buddy is on order. I been reading about the locks available. Wow, what alot to choose from. I'm thinking just a disk lock for the wheel. Can anyone tell me the exact size and kind to get that will fit. I don't mind spending the money if its the right size and good quality. I'm afraid that I'll order something that won't work. I want to have it all in place before I actually acquire the scooter. Thanks for all your help everyone. Dawn
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

Welcome to the Buddy Family! :clown:
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
mlee10018

lock

Post by mlee10018 »

I got a Xena XR1 disk lock with alarm and it works great. It is a nice to have the alarm, but you do have to unlock it fast before it goes off.
angieyou3

Post by angieyou3 »

where would one go about buying one of these said disk locks? :?:
mlee10018

Post by mlee10018 »

angieyou3 wrote:where would one go about buying one of these said disk locks? :?:
I bought mine on Amazon(xena xr1r which is in red), but they don't have a picture of it, but here is another place that has it...

http://www.bikebone.com/miva/merchant.m ... Code=XR1-R
Libby317

Whgere to buy a XENA disc-lock alarm?

Post by Libby317 »

angieyou3 wrote:where would one go about buying one of these said disk locks? :?:
Call Tristan or Sam at XENA USA in Daytona... they might even offer a discount on a direct sale.

cheers,
L317
Attachments
42_1.jpg
42_1.jpg (33.8 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Xena

Post by Xena »

Here is the thread to buy a Xena:

viewtopic.php?t=3988&highlight=xena+lock

You email Tristan (all this info is within that thread) and he will get back to you via email with price and where to send money via Paypal etc.

I (and many others from this forum) received their lock within a few days AND he gives us a tremendous discount versus buying it on Ebay etc.

The lock is awesome and it takes but a second to put on and remove from the disc.
spinbud

lock

Post by spinbud »

Black Cable Lock (bicycle) from walmart by Bell. Light enough, coils-up good so great for storage. Sufficient deterrant. Remember, light = mpg
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

if you have a 50cc, there's a really great set of bicycle type locks that have a small u lock and a cable. When I had my 50cc, I used a u lock on each tire in such a way that the lock would get in the way if someone tried rolling it. Combined with the cables it was an awesome set up.... and then I went and upgraded and they don't fit on the 125cc tires :cry:
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/