does anyone have this helmet?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bjj4287

does anyone have this helmet?

Post by bjj4287 »

i just bought one last night online and was wondering what people like and dislike about them

thanks!!

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/hot+ ... l+approved
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

I just hope you tried the same one on locally before buying on the net. Helmets are very unique in feel and fit and even though your measurements say you wear a size 'X' that's no guarantee it will fit properly. Other than that, it looks like a pretty good helmet with both the DOT and Snell ratings and full face coverage.
emoboy44

Post by emoboy44 »

I know nothig of the helmets, but thanks for the link to the website. I'll probably get my helmet there...
MMMMMMMMMMMMM
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

HJCs are generally good helmets, just be sure it fits you properly.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
siobhan

Re: does anyone have this helmet?

Post by siobhan »

bjj4287 wrote:i just bought one last night online and was wondering what people like and dislike about them

thanks!!

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/hot+ ... l+approved
I have two HJCs (a 3/4 CL-33 and a CL-SP in pink) and love 'em both. I wear glasses and resisted the FF for a loooooong time. I finally caved after having every single one of the guys at my local scooter shop try to convince me to get one. The FF always felt claustrophobic, but the first time I tried the CL-SP I didn't freak out. It's comfortable and doesn't kill my neck from the weight on long rides. And it's PINK! As my b/f said, um, I don't think "cute" is the first word you should use to describe your helmet. I always add in that it's SNELL approved ;)
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Try them on at local dealers before buying, You can always just come home and order online to save money.
bfreed

Post by bfreed »

If it were me, if a local dealer had the brand of helmet I wanted, I'd buy it locally. Support the little guy! With HJC, there's a good chance someone carries that helmet near you.

That said, nobody carried mine locally, so I ordered online. First try was a small, which turned out to be TOO small. So I shipped it back and got a medium, which fits perfect.

So, in my case ordering online worked out great. But be sure to factor in the cost of at least one return shipment if you can't try it on first.
And check the return policy. Motorcycle Superstore has free shipping (one way) and a generous time window.
I've seen other sites with a 10-day return from the day you order. Which means you get probably 2 days MAX. to see if it fits.

Read the terms.

[edit] oops: just saw you already ordered it. Well, maybe the advice will help someone else, anyway. :oops:
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

I own the CL-15 and LOVE it. The CL-SP is basically the newer model of the 15. As long as your head fits in it properly, your going to enjoy that helmet tons.
AmyNTX

Post by AmyNTX »

I have the hjc dragon one in pink..its pretty much the same helmet as the one you have except the graphics are different. I LOVE it! It's so comfy!
Tysonviolin

Post by Tysonviolin »

Love my CL-33!
Scooting is ZEN....
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

HJCs fit my head well. I wear glasses with the HJC FF. Thanks for posting this great deal! I've been thinking of a new helmet. Great price!
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

Looks like a great match for the Italia 150. For those of you who like to look sharp. Me I like to look like a Christmas tree.
Me? I ride for the bugs!
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

Just ordered one in Yellow to go with my new Yellow Vespa. I've been using a Z1R modular which fits me perfectly and like because I wear glasses. After hearing all of the good comments on this helmet from fellow glass wearers I decided to give it a chance.

My Z1R also fits my wife perfectly, so it won't go to waste. Thanks for the heads up on this one. It looks like a really great buy.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

i have a very similar HJC, it is pretty good... a little windy and noisy.. but confortable and great breathability