OT, ever so slightly. Looking for help

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Alix B

OT, ever so slightly. Looking for help

Post by Alix B »

Hey. As some of you know-and Hi to all the newbies reading-the P.E.A.C.E ride has 2.5 weeks left.

I'm scrambling my butt off to stay marathon through it all, but I'm loosing some steam. Holy Crow. 21,000 miles so far. I will pull into Washington D.C. on August 8, 2008. All are street legal scoots/mopeds are welcome to join in on the ride to the White House.

Need help? Yes. Yes I do y'all. Can you let any and everyone know? And just in case the MB legion has some peeps with press, I'll post the Press Release here.
(thanks Kate for writing that. I added some extras. You rock AP girl)

Here it is, thanks for reading and helping. Just 1) Cut 2) Paste 3) PM me and I can send it to you.

START:

Alix Bryan is on the homestretch of tracing a 22,000 mile Peace sign on the continental United States. When she arrives in Washington, D.C., on Aug. 8, 2008, Bryan will have created the largest Peace sign in history. "We must know what the word means before we can acquire it," Bryan says, "and lasting peace must always come first from the individual." On her Web site, www.peacescooter.com, she hosts A Million Definitions of peace, as well as chronicling her epic journey through blogs, video clips and photography.

Proving that women can safely travel alone and that little scooters can do big things, a Patriot's Exhibition Advancing Community and Environmentalism (P.E.A.C.E.) on a Scooter is focused on promoting peace rather than specifically opposing war. While she has faced obstacles ranging from adverse riding conditions to conceptual resistance, people from around the country have shown their support for more than a year. With strong public support, Bryan has already covered 21,000 miles on a 90 MPG, fuel-friendly Genuine Buddy 125 donated by the Genuine Scooter Company in Chicago. Many scooterists have come out to ride with Bryan--one even accompanied her for 1,500 miles of the journey.

To illustrate the importance of community, Alix has volunteered to serve meals, load disaster relief supplies and assist a recycling center. The P.E.A.C.E. ride itself is a fundraiser for Department of Peace, Scooting for a Cure and The Last Mile. The environmental organization has yet to be announced. The financial goal is $1 per mile traveled. Minus travel expenses, all donations go directly to these charities.

Before riding 22,000 miles on her scooter, Alix spent her time in Charlottesville, VA. A political scientist major with two minors, from Virginia Commonwealth University, she has spent years actively involved in various social movements. When the P.E.A.C.E ride is over, she will return home to Maine and write a book about her travels and the peace movement. To balance out the CO2 that was generated during the long ride, she will be planting trees.

On August 9, 2008, a reception will be held at Scoot Richmond, located in Richmond, VA, starting at 5pm.

###

Alix Bryan
peacescooter@gmail.com

Press Links:
http://www.komonews.com/news/22699774.html
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/13/ ... nnSTCVideo
http://vimeo.com/761416

Press Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alixbryan/ ... 274048390/

Donation Recipients:
http://www.thepeacealliance.org/
http://scootinforacure.com/Home_Page.html
http://www.giffordmed.org/news/RidersRevUp.shtml
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Alix,
Just to be clear, so you would like us to copy and send this text around via email?

And you have separate press release info for any papers, radios, etc.?
~Celebrate~
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Thanks for asking lady.

I would love for that press release to make it's way into as many emails as possible.
Radio, TV, Rolling Stone. local Peace org, local church, scooter forums, Senator's office, Obama's website......
I would love if servers sizzled from just the mere action of readers taking 5-10 minutes a day for the next 14 days and HIT THE PRESS UP. It's our friggin media!!!

Come On, those old geezers (lots of love) riding 500cc MP3's for 3,500 miles got TONS of press. :D
The more people who know about this project are the more people who might just help me reach that goal of ONE MILLION peace definitions. 1...2... 5...1,000,000.
Mwuah ha ha.
xoxoxo
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

FWD'ed to Scene Magazine in Cleveland (among others).
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
ranette

Post by ranette »

Not that I have any contacts there, but you should definitely forward your press release to moveon.org.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

7eregrine wrote:FWD'ed to Scene Magazine in Cleveland (among others).
+Infinite thanks.
See ya in Cleveland!
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Alix B wrote:
+Infinite thanks.
See ya in Cleveland!
When do you hit Cleveland?
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

I want to point out that I say the following with complete respect, and I'm not trying to be a grammar Nazi:

It is a bit jarring and confusing to the reader that the press release switches from referring to you as Bryan to referring to you as Alix. Personally, I'd stick with AP format and go with Bryan throughout, but that's just me. :wink:
Huh? What just happened?
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

djelliott wrote:
Alix B wrote:
+Infinite thanks.
See ya in Cleveland!
When do you hit Cleveland?
Slated for August 1st/2nd:
http://www.peacescooter.com/route/
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
mbrider

Post by mbrider »

Alix I have forwarded your press release to Denise Whitaker at KOMO news in Seattle. Maybe she will do a follow up story to the one she did when you came through Seattle in June.
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

Peace is boring.
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Sumosamurai wrote:Peace is boring.
thunck!<---------- (sound of can of worms opening)
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

Why so serious?
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

AxeYrCat wrote:I want to point out that I say the following with complete respect, and I'm not trying to be a grammar Nazi:

It is a bit jarring and confusing to the reader that the press release switches from referring to you as Bryan to referring to you as Alix. Personally, I'd stick with AP format and go with Bryan throughout, but that's just me. :wink:
You can call me either one. Neither are my real name. :shock:

Thanks for feedback on that.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

mbrider wrote:Alix I have forwarded your press release to Denise Whitaker at KOMO news in Seattle. Maybe she will do a follow up story to the one she did when you came through Seattle in June.
+ 3.144444 thanks and applause

She's cool. You know she rides? Not a scooter. 600cc motorcycle.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Alix B wrote: You can call me either one. Neither are my real name. :shock:
Oooooo a mystery! Wait, noooo, I can't take the suspense! Hopefully you will stick with your pseudonym when you write your book! :P

It's too bad that you routed around Iowa on your way across the United States (seriously though, I can't blame you at all for dodging this place... ugh). It would have been fun to meet ya!
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Sumosamurai wrote:Why so serious?
Nah, not serious. Just joking around as I'm sure you were :) .
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve