Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

r0sa

Post by r0sa »

hackett wrote:Yesterday at 6:45 (if I remember correctly) I saw a red Buddy on Rittiman turning left onto Austin Hwy.

San Antonio is crawling with 'em, I tell ya
crawling with them? :roll:

i haven't seen any buddies yet in SA

buddies buddies, come out come out where ever you are! :P
Redd447

Post by Redd447 »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Okay, Redd. Saw you again this morning going the other way, so I guess this will be a regular thing.

ECS
Yep, it will be a regular thing.

To get around Hwy 75 and Mohawk park I was taking 66th St. N. over to Lewis, south to 36th St. N., over to Yale to get home.

Mingo is sooo much better. I think our secret is out though...sometimes it seems there are as many 2-wheelers on Mingo as cages 8)

JW
hackett

Post by hackett »

r0sa wrote: crawling with them? :roll:

i haven't seen any buddies yet in SA
Maybe you're not paying attention. :P
hackett wrote:Yesterday in San Antonio, I saw a Pamplona parked in an open garage off of Brees. Is that anybody on here?
hackett wrote:Again in San Antonio, I saw a tangerine Buddy pulling out of the Lowe's parking lot at Harry Wurzbach and Austin Highway today. Blue jacket, full face helmet. Anybody around here?
hackett wrote:Last night, I saw an orange/tangerine/sunset heading north on Nacogdoches around 8:30. Anybody on here?
hackett wrote:Here in San Antonio, I saw a Black Cat headed west on Sumner yesterday evening. Hadn't seen one of those in the wild, yet. :lol:
hackett wrote:Saw a Pamplona turning from Harry Wurzbach onto Eisenhower. Rider was wearing what looked like medical scrubs.
hackett wrote:TWO Italias on my way home today. One on Vance Jackson headed out towards De Zavala, and another headed west on Basse, just past 281.
hackett wrote:Yesterday at 6:45 (if I remember correctly) I saw a red Buddy on Rittiman turning left onto Austin Hwy.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

arggghhh, ur a lucky guy to be spotting all those buddies, i have no luck
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

maybe you are just not riding enough... :wink:
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i am riding lots! just not when the sun's scorching hot :x

lol
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

I've seen a slew in Probbydense lately...this morning I saw a scoot two cars up and luckily at a light, one car turned left, the other right so I was directly behind the scoot...I speed up and get a good look at the taillights...that's another Buddy.

Next light there are two police officers manning road construction (Dean & Atwells) and the light turns red, so I'm directly behind you. Did you turn around and wave? No. So here's my Hello! I hope the cop had nice words for you; the one I spoke to was very nice. He told me that if gas prices keep going the way they're going, the entire police department will be on scoots!

Me - blue St Tropez with white helmet and red/white/blue jacket.
You - black helmet, grey t-shirt, sneaks ... I think the scoot was red? My shield distorts colors.

Best Buddy sighting of the week was on Broadway in front of Julians last Friday...girl on a Black Bud holding on for dear life. I smiled & waved. Relax the grip a little and you'll have more fun (and happier shoulders).
brape

Post by brape »

The teacher I had when I took a CE class at risd has a sunset 50cc buddy... so if it was orange and not red it coulda been her.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Mere minutes ago:

Sunset orange Buddy on Laurel Canyon Blvd. in NoHo. Rider with black jacket, white helmet. Something strapped to front rack (of the scooter, you pervs).

Though I live 3 miles from the big local dealer, they serve such a wide area that the Buddys are pretty dispersed. Been seeing much higher concentrations. w00t!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

brape wrote:The teacher I had when I took a CE class at risd has a sunset 50cc buddy... so if it was orange and not red it coulda been her.
Cool, what class did you take? I've taught a few there in the past. We're so lucky to have so many great schools in town. I also teach down in Middletown, CT sometimes.
brape

Post by brape »

siobhan wrote:
brape wrote:The teacher I had when I took a CE class at risd has a sunset 50cc buddy... so if it was orange and not red it coulda been her.
Cool, what class did you take? I've taught a few there in the past. We're so lucky to have so many great schools in town. I also teach down in Middletown, CT sometimes.
I took special effects with adobe after effects last fall. Where in Middletown do you teach? Thats where I live now.
smysmy2

Buddys in Ann Arbor, MI

Post by smysmy2 »

I have an orange Buddy 125 and go down Newport every day. I must have just seen you on a black buddy going down Newport around 1:30PM today (July 23rd). You should stop by the Ann Arbor Scooter Club at and you would see many more Buddys in AA.:

http://scooter.meetup.com/218/

When I got to work (UM north campus) I parked next to a black Buddy 50 and a Buddy Italia 150. At a different lot I saw a red Buddy 50.
jmsmith802 wrote:I have seen several buddies here in Ann Arbor Michigan, saw a nice orange one going down newport road, anyone here? Have also seen a black red and cream colored one around here too... :D
[/code]
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Today on Broadway near Burnside in downtown: Pink Buddy with white grips, and may have had a white seat.
Scottycap

Today

Post by Scottycap »

Okay...about 7ish saw an orange buddy going south on NW May ave. Male rider no helmet.

Then about two minutes later...saw a rattler and gave a wave then the rattler followed me to a stop sign. Didn't get a name...bet we chatted about genuine and how fast the buddy 150's are. This was near nw 35th and western.
WildVitality

Post by WildVitality »

A bit after 5pm - Louisville Colorado - blue St. Tropez (?) headed south on Main. I was on the black buddy, headed north, waving like a fool! Good to see you!
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

Noonish. Sea foam green Buddy 125 on Riverside Drive
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

amanda_c wrote:Noonish. Sea foam green Buddy 125 on Riverside Drive
Dang, I was on Riverside 3 times today and missed the Buddys!

The missus saw a Pamplona in Santa Monica today, rider in flip flops.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Not a buddy... but a Rattler
on Clark in Chicago after the Cubs game on Friday

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Creme Buddy with matching topcase. This afternoon in North Hollywood, on Magnolia near Vineland, around the corner from NoHo Scooters.
generalstrike

Post by generalstrike »

That was most likely ME, but I can't hear hardly anything through the helmet I have. I had no idea you were even behind me. I ride that way to school, I have a black helmet and red Buddy 50cc. I do remember that day with all the utility work going on and the police officers directing traffic.
siobhan wrote:I've seen a slew in Probbydense lately...this morning I saw a scoot two cars up and luckily at a light, one car turned left, the other right so I was directly behind the scoot...I speed up and get a good look at the taillights...that's another Buddy.

Next light there are two police officers manning road construction (Dean & Atwells) and the light turns red, so I'm directly behind you. Did you turn around and wave? No. So here's my Hello! I hope the cop had nice words for you; the one I spoke to was very nice. He told me that if gas prices keep going the way they're going, the entire police department will be on scoots!

You - black helmet, grey t-shirt, sneaks ... I think the scoot was red? My shield distorts colors.

Best Buddy sighting of the week was on Broadway in front of Julians last Friday...girl on a Black Bud holding on for dear life. I smiled & waved. Relax the grip a little and you'll have more fun (and happier shoulders).
generalstrike

Post by generalstrike »

That was most likely ME, but I can't hear hardly anything through the helmet I have. I had no idea you were even behind me. I ride that way to school, I have a black helmet and red Buddy 50cc. I do remember that day with all the utility work going on and the police officers directing traffic.
siobhan wrote:I've seen a slew in Probbydense lately...this morning I saw a scoot two cars up and luckily at a light, one car turned left, the other right so I was directly behind the scoot...I speed up and get a good look at the taillights...that's another Buddy.

Scottycap

Post by Scottycap »

Last evening around 730...tangerine buddy male rider, female passenger at 23rd st and Pennsylvania.

This afternoon: Female black helmet 150 Italia with dealer tag dated today. Rode with you about three miles. Never got your name.

S
hackett

Post by hackett »

In San Antonio at 3:10 today: Seafoam headed towards Broadway on Austin Hwy @ New Braunfels ave. Nice case on the back, too.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Christy

Post by Christy »

I met Bonheur and Bunny out riding today!!!

Her scooter looks even better in person than it does in pictures.

:)

nice to meet you, sorry that you guys had to take off. Next time we'll talk more.
EPSP #76
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

Tangerine Buddy with orange helmet parked outside the Target on Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a Saint Tropez parked at the Dignowity Hill Pushcart Derby today.
treblecrush

Post by treblecrush »

baby blue buddy in new orleans parked outside hansen's snow blitz saturday afternoon-----would have stopped for one myself, but had to get the cat food home for the hungry kitties.......
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

today [sunday] at around 430 pm, i witnessed someone getting on a seafoam green buddy at a gas station off of Oltorf St. before Pleasant Valley in ATX.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

generalstrike wrote:That was most likely ME, but I can't hear hardly anything through the helmet I have. I had no idea you were even behind me. I ride that way to school, I have a black helmet and red Buddy 50cc. I do remember that day with all the utility work going on and the police officers directing traffic.
Shout out generalstrike...I have a bunch of different ways to get to work but I'll keep an eye out for ya!
esk

Post by esk »

today while i was visiting my parents in portland - around noon, at broadway & burnside - lady on a cream 125 with a "reading is sexy" sticker on the rear fender and a ducati seattle license plate holder. i pointed at her excitedly and told my dad, "see, that's my scooter! and she got it up in seattle, too!" but he was unimpressed. thanks dad!
bunny

Post by bunny »

I got to meet Christy and some other riders from the DFW area Saturday morning!

I'd never really looked at the Pamplona before, it is a beautiful scooter. And Christy's got mad skills! That seat cover is AWESOME!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

hackett

Post by hackett »

Another Italia turning from Huebner onto Vance Jackson at 7:15 this morning.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

SUNDAY 1 PM OR SO.

I saw 1 red and 1 cream buddies parked next to i think a stella, at some bar near big people scooters in SODO. I was going down airport way with two stellas, one Blue one Red, I was on my red buddy... i nodded , and i think you guys waved, but we were doin about 50, so it was a pretty quick fly by. :D
Neptune

Post by Neptune »

Sunday around 7pm in Santa Cruz.

Pamplona pulled over off of Encinal, talking on the phone near the tracks.

Second International I've seen in town.

Santa Cruz Buddy's Unite!!
What was that? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the awesomeness of my Buddy 8)
Redd447

Post by Redd447 »

I spotted an orange buddy w/silver modular helmet this morning at Mingo and 11th St around 7:45 this morning.

There looked to be something strapped to the rear rack, but I was more focused on the gravel under my tires to get any more detail...

Helloooo orange buddy!

JW
armacham

Post by armacham »

I saw a Pink Buddy with a basket going west on Glenn. We waved. :)
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

yesterday around noon, i spotted this:

a cream buddy on Oakland Avenue in Austin
Attachments
scoot.JPG
scoot.JPG (35.16 KiB) Viewed 2996 times
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

I spotted my first Buddy today here in Des Moines, IA. Orange Buddy, driving South on 60th Street in West Des Moines around 11:00ish in the morning. Had a black milk crate on the back. I had to do a double and triple take because although I know Buddys have been flying out the dealer's door, I had never seen one!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I saw a blue Buddy riding with a Vino today around 4:00PM on Terwilliger blvd near Burlingame this afternoon.
nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

2 sunset Buddies spotted this morning on my way to work. One on Silver Lake Blvd., north of Sunset. The other was at the corner of Beverly and Fairfax.
hackett

Post by hackett »

I saw what I think to be the same buddy from my previous post (SI) at Vance Jackson and Wurzbach at 4:00 yesterday.

edit: And again on 7/31, again on Vance Jackson.
Last edited by hackett on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferfdom

Post by ferfdom »

I saw a red Buddy turning south on Baxter Ave. (Louisville, KY) yesterday while I was on my way to Commonwealth Motorcycles! Who are you, girl? Are you on the forum?
Scottycap

Post by Scottycap »

Saw a Tangerine buddy near NW Classen ave. and about 40th, female rider.
I gave a horn beep...but I think she looked at me like I was crazy.

Saw a white buddy southbound on N. Western near atomic brown...female.
rajron

Post by rajron »

Unique and twice observed:
Coors Ave at Coors Bypass; at a bus stop, second time, today on Montano Blvd turning onto 2nd street.
Buddy 50cc Black and Silver, with a broken headlight (missing).
Interesting pilot – over 40, under 60, long un-kept hair with a long beard, many layers of clothing – For category reasons only I would say the individual is “Permanent Residence Challenged”, I could be wrong but judging from the items lashed onto the scooter, in both instances, he was either moving with his scooter, or he was just traveling about the city.
I wish I could have the time to talk with him because he appears to be an interesting fellow – maybe next time - maybe he'll let me take a picture of him.
dubbyd

Post by dubbyd »

I don't know if this counts, but I just went to my local dealer to pickup my helmet and they got in some buddy's and Stella's. Seafoam and tangerine 125's. I think red, black and blue Stella's. Also some people 150's. Don't remember their colors.
graham310

Post by graham310 »

Last night I saw two other Buddies within a block of my home in Denver's Park Hill neighborhood. One black and silver, which I had seen before, and another Italia (with owner). The ice cream under my seat was melting, so all I had time for was a honk and a wave as I rode by.
"May I moo-moo dogface to the banana patch?"
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

yesterday 7/30 I saw a black and silver buddy parked on belmont right around Belmont and Olive... i have seen it there before also...

And I keep seeing that Orange Buddy parked right outside my apartment on Seneca, I actually saw her riding it the other day and we smiled and waved at each other... I need to chase her down next time, less she comes forward here!
Scottycap

Post by Scottycap »

Tangerine Buddy...southbound on N May ave around 6:10

Cream Buddy westbound on NW 36th st around 6:15

Blue Stella southbound on NW Penn around 6:45... A lot tonight!!
WildVitality

Post by WildVitality »

There's a new tangerine buddy in Old Town Louisville! I saw him showing off his underseat storage last weekend, and this morning he was parked across from The Huckleberry!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I spotted a brand spanking new Italia on Burnside near Vespa Portland(Where I was headed). The lady riding it was wobbling alot and looked absolutely deleriously scared out of her mind. I think she had just picked it up right then. And Burnside is a busy street! Hope you made it home ok!