Blur continues to impress - all weather commuter

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KCScooterDude

Blur continues to impress - all weather commuter

Post by KCScooterDude »

What a vehicle.

I got caught in the reminants of Huricane Dolly last night as it passed through Kansas City. Tropical downpour. A real rain's rain, if you know what I mean.

The Blur was awesome. Almost no extra braking needed, which really impressed me. Handled awesome. I am not used to riding in the rain, so I was being extra cautious. I could see becoming too complacent because of the performance. The motorcycle rider I was with was impressed too. He could clearly tell I was having an easier time of it than he was.

I was wearing a Feldsheer Lex 2 piece rain suit, which I got for $55 from motorcyclecloseouts.com. I fold up the pants (which have suspenders like hip waders) in one one gallon baggie and the jacket in another. Takes up almost no space in the pet carrier and I have them whenever I need them. I was bone dry. (except for shoes and gloves, but that's next on the list).

This bike is an all-weather commuter, people. I do have a cage for "rainy days and snow." No need.
spinbud

All Weather

Post by spinbud »

Nice to hear all that about a PGO. I've got a Buddy 125 and got caught in a hail storm Tuesday here in Atlanta. The Buddy performed flawlessly also. That frozen rain hurts like hail! How many miles on your Blur, any maintenance issues? Recommendations? Thanks
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

1,450 miles. I have an '07, and the speedo is pretty acurate, unlike the '06 model. Assuming the odo is just as correct, that's about 1,325 real miles.

No issues whatsoever. The bike is really breaking in nicely. Suspension is a dream. I'm getting more power at the top end of the power curve as the motor breaks in.

Fuel economy is about 72 MPG, but lately I've been getting a little better mileage, closer to 80. I use premium. Also, I live in Kansas City and although it's purely a suspicion, I think I'm getting better fuel economy with Kansas gas. The reason, I suspect, is that Missouri gas is 10 percent ethanol by law, which is cheaper, but doesn't perform as well.