Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunt Week 9: Scooter Beach Party!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BiscuitHead

Post by BiscuitHead »

sailortot wrote:lets do some math...
there are ten people in the picture. if five people are wearing hawaiian shirts and there are also seven people in bathing suits....how many people are wearing both a hawaiian shirt AND a bathing suit? and how many are wearing swimsuit and no hawaiian shirt?
2 and 3! Can I get a point for the first correct answers?

Edit... Actually from the question, the answers are "At least 2" and "At most 3." I think... I don't know. I'm starting to doubt if my math degree was worth it.
Last edited by BiscuitHead on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

bscjake wrote:that's cuz you bend the rules and do as little as possible for it to count.
Hey, I want to beat out sailortot more than anyone, but to say she does "as little as possible" is not a fair accusation. Just getting 10 people together at once is a challenge.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

stop it or I am going to take my game and go home :cry:
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Last minute (and pretty minimal points) but I thought it was a cool photo!

3 pts - your scooter with water (the lovely Arkansas River)
2 pts - with a fishing rod

TOTAL - 5 pts
Last edited by OKBubbles on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

:(

[curls up in the corner]
STOP YELLING AT EACHOTHER!!!

Seriously it's getting a little tense... I apologize if I had anything to do with this from doubting the surfboard. I'm still having a good time even though all the arguing is making me worried that this tread will get locked! That would suck. I think we just need to be a little more careful when we take the shot to make sure we're not really stretching it. If you think something in your shot is far-fetched, chances are someone is gonna say something about it.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Nice photo Bubbles!!! Diggin' the new scoot! :mrgreen:
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

KRUSTYburger wrote::(

[curls up in the corner]
STOP YELLING AT EACHOTHER!!!

Seriously it's getting a little tense... I apologize if I had anything to do with this from doubting the surfboard. I'm still having a good time even though all the arguing is making me worried that this tread will get locked! That would suck. I think we just need to be a little more careful when we take the shot to make sure we're not really stretching it. If you think something in your shot is far-fetched, chances are someone is gonna say something about it.
yeah...youre right, krusty. and no, you just raised a question about it. i didnt feel like you attacked me or anything. im having too much fun to quit playing. and i will certainly be more careful. i always think i am being as careful as possible until questions are asked. this time i felt a little attacked by one person (whose photo was questionable to me).

EDIT: i can honestly agree that i thought the surfboard might be questionable (once i saw the photo and realized you couldnt see the bottom of it), which is why i just explained that one, but it seemed like an extreme effort to disqualify me when questions were raised about the swimsuits.

its a fun group game and i really hope we can keep it that way. i would like to apologize for anything i said that might have hurt someone or disregarded their feelings.

in the future i hope we all, myself included, can point things out without nearly calling someone a liar. i dont have any reason to believe anyone is lying about their points or materials. i hope you all have the same consideration.
Last edited by sailortot on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

KRUSTYburger wrote: I think we just need to be a little more careful when we take the shot to make sure we're not really stretching it. If you think something in your shot is far-fetched, chances are someone is gonna say something about it.
I would have to agree here. ScootLemont seems to be trying to be very specific in the rules. Short of having an attorney review, I don't know what else he can do there.

It seems people are trying to read too much into or through the rules looking for a loophole. It's like a bunch of NASCAR crew chiefs seeing who can come up with the most clever way to get around the rules :D

And yeah Bubbles, I'm not sure I'd say it was worth wrecking one first, but the new scoot does look nice. And nice shot there, the sunset really looks good.
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

Racenut wrote:
It seems people are trying to read too much into or through the rules looking for a loophole. It's like a bunch of NASCAR crew chiefs seeing who can come up with the most clever way to get around the rules :D
i see what you mean, but just to make my claim i never felt like i was searching for any loopholes. but when someone challenges your picture and points, you almost have to get on the defensive if you want to continue playing (especially when youre in my position...everyone is looking to get me out).
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

sailortot wrote:
Racenut wrote:
i see what you mean, but just to make my claim i never felt like i was searching for any loopholes. but when someone challenges your picture and points, you almost have to get on the defensive if you want to continue playing.
Yeah, and that's a natural response. I wasn't singling anyone out. If anything, it's kinda fun to see how people do try to improvise. If we all had this stuff just laying around it would be too easy, so sometimes you just have throw your hands in the air and do what you can with what you have.

BUT.... if someone calls you on it, it's just a game.... "Well gee, can't blame me for trying" would be a fine response. But arguing over it seems kinda overboard and quickly takes the fun out of it.

We're having fun with this. As you might guess, this week we put a lot of effort and planning into ours. I'm kinda proud of it honestly. But if I had flattened out a couple cardboard boxes and cut them into "surfboards" and hoped I got away with it, I don't see how I could get upset for getting called on it.

It's a game. Games are fun. :)
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

sailortot wrote:
Racenut wrote:
i see what you mean, but just to make my claim i never felt like i was searching for any loopholes. but when someone challenges your picture and points, you almost have to get on the defensive if you want to continue playing (especially when youre in my position...everyone is looking to get me out).
I'm not :wink:
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

Racenut wrote:
sailortot wrote:
Racenut wrote:
i see what you mean, but just to make my claim i never felt like i was searching for any loopholes. but when someone challenges your picture and points, you almost have to get on the defensive if you want to continue playing.
Yeah, and that's a natural response. I wasn't singling anyone out. If anything, it's kinda fun to see how people do try to improvise. If we all had this stuff just laying around it would be too easy, so sometimes you just have throw your hands in the air and do what you can with what you have.

BUT.... if someone calls you on it, it's just a game.... "Well gee, can't blame me for trying" would be a fine response. But arguing over it seems kinda overboard and quickly takes the fun out of it.

We're having fun with this. As you might guess, this week we put a lot of effort and planning into ours. I'm kinda proud of it honestly. But if I had flattened out a couple cardboard boxes and cut them into "surfboards" and hoped I got away with it, I don't see how I could get upset for getting called on it.

It's a game. Games are fun. :)
oh yeah, absolutely. :)
thanks for calling attention to the right things.
all the photos coming in are rocking. you guys are awesome.
sotied

Post by sotied »

ScootLemont wrote:stop it or I am going to take my game and go home :cry:
Stop the madness. If everyone can just calm down, I will play by the rules - without any semblance of bending AT ALL this week.

No blown ducks
No little leaguers in T-shirts
No sidewalk picnic next door to a grill store
No seven hummers for an anticipated 28 points

None of that.

I contend that I'm the worst bender, but part of the fun is knowing when you're bending the rules. I'm not whining that my deck of sushi cards didn't count (and I could have put it on a fishing pole and then whined like a banshee). And I'm not whining that my little tub friends didn't get counted even though they have air in them (these are the ducks if you're slow to understand 'tub friends').

I'm just having fun. If you want to poop on this party go away and take photos by yourself. After three weeks you'll run out of ideas and the whole while you won't even have the flimsy excuse of "please pose with my scooter, it's for the Ronald McDonald Charities - we're doing a scooter photo scavenger hunt."

Well, that's what I've been telling people. Who's gonna pose with a 40-year-old scruffy scooter rider in an Orange helmet? C'mon people!
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

sotied, I always look forward to whatever goofy thing you're going to do next
Last edited by Orange Guy on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
sotied

Post by sotied »

Orange Guy wrote:sotied, I always forward to whatever goofy thing you're going to do next
The masses have spoken. I'm bending the rules this week too!

It was a hard-fought battle and it nearly tired me out. But now I am no longer SO Tied (pronounce that with a Bahstun accent and you'll get it) of the madness. I'm invigorated.

I hope we have to go to a zoo. Then I'll pose Scootle with a Play-Skool farmhouse or something just to get the most points.

YAY!
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

I don't mind seeing how far everybody pushes the limits. The imagination and chutzpah is part of the fun.

All I want to know is . . . what's our assignment this week, oh Wondrous Hunt Master??
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

sotied wrote:
Orange Guy wrote:sotied, I always forward to whatever goofy thing you're going to do next
The masses have spoken.
Hey, I might have to drop a few pounds, but calling me "the masses" is pushing it.

Orange Guy, Inc.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

And week 10 is off and running

topic6756.html

OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

Well, I'm a little late on joining the ruckus....but...what the heck...I've got 2 cents to throw in on this rumble. IMHO, I think that all the props should be CLEARLY VISIBLE and DISTINGUISHABLE in the ENTRY photo. If people have to take four other photos of "whatever" to "prove" that the props exist...then I don't think they should count. Clearly, the intent of this game is to have a photo of your scoot WITH the object. Not just in the same hemisphere with the prop. Ok...I'm done......that was my 2 cents worth.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

sotied wrote:Image
That CANNOT be unseen!!! :shock:
ModBud #442
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Last weeks video is up

http://www.timwall.com/hunt/