Bellingham WA??

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

anndelise

Bellingham WA??

Post by anndelise »

Anyone here from bham or even burlington/mt vernon?
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

seattle.

I like long rides :D
ScootingInTheRain
Location: Just North of Seattle, Just South of Mulletsylvania

Post by ScootingInTheRain »

Here's the plan: Mikie comes up through Bothell to meet me. We ride Highway 9 to Arlington, then through Big Lake to College street in Mount Vernon where we meet anndelise at Big Scoop for burgers and ice cream.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/big-scoop-sunda ... unt-vernon

Anndelise could come down Chuckanut (hwy 11) to Mount Vernon.

OK, when are we doing this?

~SITR

Post by Guest »

i need some time to actually figure out a decent road(s) to take between where i live and mt vernon. if you look on a map for alger wa, then follow cain lake road east, you'll see a little patch of residential roads before you get to a fork in the road with both ends of the fork leading to opposite sides of lake whatcom. that's where I actually live.

cain lake road is 50mph but not nearly as scarey to me as old highway 99 which is long, crosswind areas, and often used by truckers with their following air blasts. I've only been on there once, with someone i knew in a car following me. As of yet, I don't feel ready to travel that road alone.

if you travel the east fork it takes you on blue canyon road, a nice easy kinda curvey good practice road that has lots and lots of bikers coming through (there's a mc shop in the middle of that road, heh) Then I could make a right onto highway 9. But i think i'll scope that road out in a car first to see what it's like.

there seems to be some alternative roads to old highway 99. I'm going to have to check them out.

this is good, it means I'm motivated to find an alternative route into burlington and then to mt vernon. one that I figure is safer for me, personally.

I'll need a week or so before I've got a route figured out.
And another week for me to find time to explore it and travel on the route on the scooter itself as well as see what the timing would be on it.
Then I'll get back to ya'll on here.
If ya'll can be patient, I'd love to meet up with ya. :D
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

er, that guest was me.

and look, already, looking for back roads to get me there, and I accidently come upon how to change routes on google maps. all this time of referring to google maps, and i just NOW figure out how to set the map to change routes??? I didn't even know it had an 'avoid highways' option to click!! :shock:

I'll probably be doing some driving today, :D
(not scooter though :( )
The scootering section of my blog: http://anndelise.wordpress.com/category/scootering/
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

i'll keep checking back here, but please keep me in the loop for the ride to b-ham. i used to live there for six years and would enjoy the ride back. thanks.
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
anndelise

Post by anndelise »

Ok, well, I found a route that seems nice in the van, but I still wanna ride it before I commit to a day. So I can time it, and make sure that there aren't any odd spots that aren't really noticeable in the van. I'd hate to have ya'll waiting for me, wondering when I'm gonna show up, but I'm either lost, or walking my scoot. :shock: heheh.

Unfortunately, my daughter comes home tomorrow. No, wait, that's fortunately my daughter's coming home tomorrow, but unfortunately that means I won't be riding any distances for at least a month. She has one month left of summer break before jr high starts. So she'll be taking a higher priority than scooting, for now. After school starts, then I'll have time to travel that route and find its funky spots.

Soooo, I'll post again when I get that straightened out, to see if ya'll are still interested in meeting up.

The good news is, once I get the route figured out and such, then I won't have to do it again. Yay! :D
(er, that's won't have to figure it out again, but will be able to travel it multiple times, expanding my 'territory' muhahahaah)