Pet Carrier FOOD Contents

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sotied

Pet Carrier FOOD Contents

Post by sotied »

There was a similar thread a while back about PRACTICAL stuff you should keep in the pet carrier.

I want to know what random stuff you keep in the pet carrier. That one thing that people would balk at or look at you sideways when they heard what you carry beneath your seat.

For me, I carry a roll of John Adams $1 coins. It's $25 worth. Just enough to get me a taxi somewhere or maybe a meal. And plenty to get me and Scootle 500 miles from wherever we might run out of gas.
Last edited by sotied on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff • #2163
Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunter (see Gallery!)
http://www.jeffcutler.com
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

don't touch my scooter
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

The only random thing that's in there all the time is a small St. Christopher statue that used to have a suction cup on it for placing on a dashboard. I don't carry it for any other reason than it was my grandfather's and when he died my parents gave it to me so I threw it in the glovebox of my first car way back when I was 16. I usually have forgotten it's in there until I go to sell the car and I've always transferred it from car to car. So when I got the Buddy, I put it in there. I'd love to actually affix it to the scooter somehow, but being that it's got sentimental value, I'd hate for it to be stolen.

I regularly carry frozen burritos in there (Amy's Kitchen anybody?) and yesterday I carried yogurt in there which did not end well.
sotied

Post by sotied »

I'm totally amazed that stuff in the pet carrier remains dry. To that end, you're not gonna find me putting liquidesque stuff in there.

YOGURT? C'mon!

Just imagine if you put cottage cheese in there or eggnog and then forgot about it - or had to drive hundreds of miles which makes my pet-carrier stuff really hot.
Jeff • #2163
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

sotied wrote:I'm totally amazed that stuff in the pet carrier remains dry. To that end, you're not gonna find me putting liquidesque stuff in there.

YOGURT? C'mon!

Just imagine if you put cottage cheese in there or eggnog and then forgot about it - or had to drive hundreds of miles which makes my pet-carrier stuff really hot.
I'm amazed it stays dry too.

I put drinks in there (water bottles) all the time. And tupperwares of food. It's usually on my commute to work which takes all of 10 minutes so although the yogurt container (a big one that had been previously opened) leaked a bit, it stayed cold.

It's really great for carrying hot meals. I've carried wings and Chinese food in there as well. And since some people keep chickens as pets, perhaps carrying wings in there violated the "no pets" rule??

Maybe a strangest food you've ever carried in the pet carrier thread?

Yeah. I put yogurt in my pet carrier. And I'll do it again. 8)
sotied

Post by sotied »

jmazza wrote:Maybe a strangest food you've ever carried in the pet carrier thread?
I fully support a hijack of this thread to The Strangest Food You've Ever Carried in the Pet Carrier.

That's awesome.

I have only had some ducks (for the Scooter Scavenger Hunt) and a can of green tea (from a sushi lunch) in my pet carrier.

But the gauntlet has been thrown. I'm gonna see if I can find something really odd to toss in there this week.

And how awesome that it keeps stuff warm. It's just like the McDLT without the Cold side Cold part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac
Jeff • #2163
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'll carry any warm foods in my pet carrier. Anything meant to stay cool usually goes in the top case. When I come out of the store, I usually do a re-sort: bottled goods lie flat in the top case, with vegetables on top; hot stuff (they BBQ tri-tip outside my neighborhood store every weekend!) in the per carrier with dry goods and sundries; tall stuff and everything else from the hook. Sometimes I'll bungee or strap a 12-pack to the back of my seat.

As far as random stuff: a lot of decals, a handful of gas receipts (all faded beyond legibility), my new cold weather gloves (I love them and am trying to break them in before fall so am wearing them at night and when it gets cool enough).
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

sotied wrote:
jmazza wrote:Maybe a strangest food you've ever carried in the pet carrier thread?
I fully support a hijack of this thread to The Strangest Food You've Ever Carried in the Pet Carrier.

That's awesome.

I have only had some ducks (for the Scooter Scavenger Hunt) and a can of green tea (from a sushi lunch) in my pet carrier.

But the gauntlet has been thrown. I'm gonna see if I can find something really odd to toss in there this week.

And how awesome that it keeps stuff warm. It's just like the McDLT without the Cold side Cold part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac
OK, I've got a fave sushi spot just a mile down the road from where I work. I'm putting sushi in there. And I'll get pics to prove it.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

So now I'm thinking, "What's the strangest food I can find? Will it fit in my pet carrier?"

Durian? Chicken feet? Sea slugs?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
docutech

Post by docutech »

I carry a package of turkey jerky and 2 servings of Nitrean protein powder. I always have some water on hand to mix the protein powder with.

Since I eat 6 times per day, sometimes I get caught away from home. having those items ensures that I meet all of my macro and caloric needs 8) Missing a meal is a no-no!

Non food items include a metric socket set, 6 inch adjustable wrench and a universal screwdriver with various tips.
mrsding

Post by mrsding »

Last week, I had a whole seedless watermelon in there!

Susan
Get Busy Livin', or Get Busy Dyin'
RonF

Post by RonF »

Besides various fast food and other grocery items (soup, crackers, cookies, etc.) from time to time, the only thing that stays there is a cheap 2 piece rain suit, insurance cards, and 2 short bungee cords to tie down a 12 pack of soda on the back seat.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

ericalm wrote:Durian?
OMG! You'd NEVER be able to open the pet carrier again. At least without puking and everyone else running for cover.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

jmazza wrote:The only random thing that's in there all the time is a small St. Christopher statue that used to have a suction cup on it for placing on a dashboard. I don't carry it for any other reason than it was my grandfather's and when he died my parents gave it to me so I threw it in the glovebox of my first car way back when I was 16. I usually have forgotten it's in there until I go to sell the car and I've always transferred it from car to car. So when I got the Buddy, I put it in there. I'd love to actually affix it to the scooter somehow, but being that it's got sentimental value, I'd hate for it to be stolen.

I regularly carry frozen burritos in there (Amy's Kitchen anybody?) and yesterday I carried yogurt in there which did not end well.
i've got a st. chris in my per carrier too. he went into my pet carrier the day that i took a tumble, which had me feeling very uncomfortable (maybe he didn't appreciate being put into my under seat storage and was thus out to get me?) but then a friend told me that maybe him being in my pet carrier is what kept me safe during my fall. hmmm. that conjecture is what kept him in my scoot. i sure hope he's not after me. maybe him and my gremlin bell can duke it out.
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
sotied

Post by sotied »

What's durian?

And which statue are you supposed bury in the back yard to sell your house? Seriously. When I was married we were instructed to bury some statue upside-down in the yard to bring prosperity. Can't remember if it was St. Chris.

I barbecued a chicken last night and I'm thinking of taking it with me to the scooter meet-up in Somerville, MA tonight. Just so I can say I had a whole chicken in the pet carrier.

You could probably carry a hamster or gerbil in the pet carrier without much damage. Or is that a different forum I'm thinking of?
Jeff • #2163
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

madtolive wrote:
jmazza wrote:The only random thing that's in there all the time is a small St. Christopher statue that used to have a suction cup on it for placing on a dashboard. I don't carry it for any other reason than it was my grandfather's and when he died my parents gave it to me so I threw it in the glovebox of my first car way back when I was 16. I usually have forgotten it's in there until I go to sell the car and I've always transferred it from car to car. So when I got the Buddy, I put it in there. I'd love to actually affix it to the scooter somehow, but being that it's got sentimental value, I'd hate for it to be stolen.

i've got a st. chris in my per carrier too. he went into my pet carrier the day that i took a tumble, which had me feeling very uncomfortable (maybe he didn't appreciate being put into my under seat storage and was thus out to get me?) but then a friend told me that maybe him being in my pet carrier is what kept me safe during my fall. hmmm. that conjecture is what kept him in my scoot. i sure hope he's not after me. maybe him and my gremlin bell can duke it out.
That's why I want to find a secure way to affix him to the headset or at least the glovebox. I think Chris likes the wind in his hair.
mrsding

Post by mrsding »

Sotied,
And which statue are you supposed bury in the back yard to sell your house? Seriously. When I was married we were instructed to bury some statue upside-down in the yard to bring prosperity. Can't remember if it was St. Chris.
That's St. Joseph...worked for me!

:o

Susan
Get Busy Livin', or Get Busy Dyin'
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

sotied wrote:What's durian?
Here ya go... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

I actually tried some when I was in Singapore several years ago. It wasn't all that bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it again.
spinbud

Pet Carrier

Post by spinbud »

I have an Infrared Temperature Gun and after a hard run the inside front wall of the pet carrier is 117 degrees and the back wall is 107.
sotied

Post by sotied »

So I could make Tea in the pet carrier.

That's cool and really scary at the same time.

Over 100 degrees. Might be time for me to move that Charleston Chew I'be been saving.
Jeff • #2163