Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bdarling

San Diego Scooter Rally Pictures

Post by bdarling »

A big thanks to PCBikerdude for setting this one up. Some of my pictures:

http://www.bgdphoto.smugmug.com/gallery ... 4ck#P-1-12
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Thanks Blake for the great pictures. It was certainly one of the better rides. Big thanks to our sweeper Chris.

I think we had 7 Buddies, 3 Vinos, 3 Burgmans, 1 Vintage Vespa, 2 GTS, 1 Elite, and one guy who saw us riding and joined us on his Genuine Black Kitty.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Is this a regular (monthly, whatever) ride?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bdarling

Post by bdarling »

This one was my first. It sounds like PCBikerdude would like to take a brief hiatus from planning these, so I might put one together for September.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

ericalm wrote:Is this a regular (monthly, whatever) ride?
It would be cool if it were a monthly ride. However, there are so many other events coming up in the scooter community here in San Diego, it would be hard to schedule one that doesn't conflict with another. Ex. Aug. 16-17 is Motorsports 16th Anniversary (rides, raffles, BBQ). Aug. 30-31st the Secret Society has a function. Plus, some of scooter clubs have regular rides.
bdarling wrote:This one was my first. It sounds like PCBikerdude would like to take a brief hiatus from planning these, so I might put one together for September.
You're right. I do need to take a low profile for a few months. Some of the rides I've planned have gotten too big for one person to manage without the help of sweepers, blockers, and secondary ride leaders.

San Diego has a year-round riding season, but lots of people go into hibernation in September because of busier schedules. In other words, I'm waiting until there's less interest in group riding. Does any of this make sense?
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.