Scooter Sightings

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lobsterman

Scooter Sightings

Post by lobsterman »

I saw a scooter this morning on my way in to work in downtown Cincinnati. Guy on an orange Buddy with a silver helmet and grey/black jacket.

It was me. :roll:

I have yet to see another scooter while I am out riding mine.

I guess maybe when it is warmer I am more likely to see one. Seth at Metro told me he sold about 60 Buddys this summer. Where are they all? Maybe I just live, ride, work, and hang out in the wrong part of town.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
mybuddy

Post by mybuddy »

Rode mine to work today, and yesterday, and probably will tomorrow. I never seen another scooter either.

They are out there somewhere.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I know I do not see them as much either. Although I am not out as much as I was when it was warmer. still riding though, and I am in Cleveland! I was in NYC last week, and the place as silly with them. no Buds though.

Post by 360 »

I saw some Buddys during the summer... actually saw 2 the first day I went scooter browsing. Have only seen a few since then.

Even as cold as it is in Chicago now.. I still don't go a week without seeing another scooter. Saw a Vespa today actually (as I zoomed passed him, haha). There was one that I'd see everyday for some time parked on the same block near where I work. I felt like he/she was my scooter brother/sister...though I never saw the rider. I'd just see the scooter parked in different places on the block every day. It was a Triton R4...haven't seen it parked in a while though.

but I think there's still only one other person in Chicago with a Blur.
We finally met a few weeks back.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Even in temperate SoCal, where it was close to 80 today, I have yet to see a Buddy on the road. I know NoHo Scooters is selling them as quick as they come in. Problem here is that they're then dispersing all over the region.

We may need a local Buddy & friends club and have some group rides. The image of a pack of Buddy traveling together is a pretty happy one.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

I saw an orange Buddy parked near Golden Gate Park this weekend. It didn't have plates on yet, but it was parked outside and some birds had been using it for target practice. It made me sad :(
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

vitaminC wrote:I saw an orange Buddy parked near Golden Gate Park this weekend. It didn't have plates on yet, but it was parked outside and some birds had been using it for target practice. It made me sad :(
some birds had been using it for target practice :rofl:
Who ever it belong to can take to the car wash and use the powerhose to clean it off.

I gotta ride to the city sometime soon before it start rianning in Feb.
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

mybuddy wrote:Rode mine to work today, and yesterday, and probably will tomorrow. I never seen another scooter either.

They are out there somewhere.
I see scooter all the time here in california they'er all over the place. The funny thing to me is when I ride my Blur people have this look on there face like what is that.. :rofl: .

Then at a red light they like to ask questions I seen a young today looking and talking to somebody in her cage looking at the Blur saying what is that..lol I was reading her lips while she was talking to the person in the SUV with her. She was saying she liked it...lol

Another funny thing is: people like to try to keep up when Im riding 8) . I notice that I seen one guy looking at his speedo in his car when we was going down a 45mph road.

I know that must happen to all the scooter riders.
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
ericalm
Site Admin

FINALLY saw a Buddy.

Post by ericalm »

Yesterday while out riding with GatsbyGirl, we spotted a woman on a cream Buddy (off Magnolia in Burbank). Add that to the Blur I saw on Wednesday. A total of 2 Genuines spotted on the road in this area.

I know there are many more out there!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
GatsbyGirl

Re: FINALLY saw a Buddy.

Post by GatsbyGirl »

ericalm wrote: A total of 2 Genuines spotted on the road in this area.
Make that three. Three or four weeks ago I saw a pink Buddy at Riverside and Vineland. Since I was without at the time, my first reaction was, "Hey, get off. That's MINE."
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Rode yesterday and today for fun, since it's been sunny and low 60's here in Cincinnati (amazing for end of November).

Saw many motorcycles, and even one of those half dune buggy half chopper abominations, but not one single scooter other than my own.

I did get to ride some roads I am not normally on though, including some twisty hills and a 50mph road, where I was doing indicated 57mph with room for more when it became clear to me the surrounding traffic wasn't going that fast. Since there were lots of cops out in the nice weather, I decided that was enough for now. Surprised the buggy chopper and the motorcycle he was with I think.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
casey

Post by casey »

I live in the Montrose area of Houston, so I see scooters every day. Just in my little apartment complex there are three riders. I don't see Buddies often, but I do see them in Montrose here and there. I am the only pink one thusfar, though.
Every effort for progress, for enlightenment, for science, for religious, political, and economic liberty, emanates from the minority, and not from the mass. - Emma Goldman
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I saw what may have been a custom painted Blur parked in Laurel Canyon yesterday. All badges and graphics had been removed and the grey parts were all painted orange. Maybe '07 colors? Looked more like a G-Max...
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Laurel Canyon........dude that is so sweet, I feel under the influence just thinking about it. I can still see the store where the creatures meet...!!!

I saw a creme Buddy @ Lake Nokomis last evening and then (probably the same one) at the corner of 42nd and Cedar about 5pm.