[NBR] Corporate videos that don't suck...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AxeYrCat

[NBR] Corporate videos that don't suck...

Post by AxeYrCat »

Hello, citizens of Modern Buddy.

I'm trying to find examples of corporate/corporate identity videos that don't suck (duh! Redundant to Subject much??)...

I've seen a few, but I'm finding it impossible to quickly find them due to the vastness of the internets.

So please, if you can think of any that are awesome, send 'em my way, would you?

Thanks!!
Huh? What just happened?
brettro

Post by brettro »

iinigma7

Post by iinigma7 »

Sorry... I just had to post this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GZcS4HuwZM

*edit: You have GOT to be kidding me. Someone beat me to it. I should have posted before watching it again. lol
"...faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death!"
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
brettro

Post by brettro »

illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Since I work on that kind of stuff sometimes, and since you asked, here are a couple tips:

1.) Figure out your message first, and focus on what you're trying to get across, and make the message the top priority. Otherwise it's all just a waste of time and money.

2.) Employ professionals and do it right. That doesn't mean "bring in a $100K consultant," it means find someone who's done work you respect, and LISTEN TO THEM. Don't let them boss you around and do overly-arty junk you don't want to do, but work with them and value their input. And for the love of god, even if you're writing/producing it yourself, hire a cameraman who can set up some lights and get the thing in focus and composed right, and edit it without the help of any software that comes free on a Wal-Mart PC.

3.) You're not as funny as you think you are. I know I'm not.

4) If anyone in the meeting says the word "viral," get up and leave, or at least laugh out loud. Do the video because you have a message to spread, and target it at the right people. The internet at large doesn't care about you. If the video turns out so great that they do, that's neato, but it's not your goal. Have fun with it, but keep it relevant to your message and set realistic goals.

as an example of what not to do, I give you this piece of crap:
http://www.spike.com/video/2760631
NO ONE cares about this, and it's fake, lame, staged, boring, back-patting BS.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Oh, another one with no message at all, but well done and fun:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33ekh ... onnect_fun

A little bit of bigheaded post-internet-boom "we have a foosball table instead of a 401k" jaggery in there, but mostly loveable.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Thanks a lot!!

Unfortunately, my reason for needing these (and my ultimate goal in wanting them) evaporated pretty quickly earlier today following a meeting with our head creative. :(
Huh? What just happened?
sotied

Post by sotied »

AxeYrCat wrote:Thanks a lot!!

Unfortunately, my reason for needing these (and my ultimate goal in wanting them) evaporated pretty quickly earlier today following a meeting with our head creative. :(
SHARE!!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Dang, I was going to recommend the ones John Cleese did many years ago.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

sotied wrote: SHARE!!!
The company for whom I work contracted a production company from NY to create such a video for us. I am not pleased with the result. At all.

I wanted to bring shining examples of what such a video could be to my meeting with the higher power[s], but I opted not to show even the ones that I had found on my own as pretty decent examples after the words "I am very happy with it" left the mouth of aforementioned head creative.

While it's not at all what I had in mind, it apparently accomplishes what it was intended to accomplish. *shrug*

Other people around the agency who share my opinion have repeatedly said to me 'Pick your battles', and this is one that I apparently have no hope of winning.
Huh? What just happened?
hackett

Post by hackett »

Love the Guy Ritchie effects in this one.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

My favorite from the Krusty Krab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34QgYncXwcA