People like to tease & can't take it

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sbebenelli

People like to tease & can't take it

Post by sbebenelli »

I work at a family owned auto repair & sales. We do a lot of alignments for a tire shop down the street from us. One of their employees drives a Harley. Just yesterday he was in and made fun of my "moped" and the fact he seen me driving with a full face helmet. People teasing me about my scooter doesn't bother me at all. I just go along with it. Today Snap On was here and he happened to see the tool truck here and stopped to get a price on a motorcycle tool kit that he can keep in his saddle bags. I told him I didn't need a tool kit and if he had a Japanese bike he wouldn't either. Long story short I think he left the truck a little mad.

Isn't funny how people can tease others but yet they cannot take it at all in return?
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

That's a lot more about the person than the bike he rides.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

You know your Buddy is not Japanese, right? :wink:
Huh? What just happened?
rickko

Re: People like to tease & can't take it

Post by rickko »

sbebenelli wrote:...One of their employees drives a Harley...
He is probably irked at your lingo, driving a Harley. Most people I know call it riding a ...

More seriously, owning and regularly riding a Buddy most likely will change your lifestyle. Owning a Harley will change your lifestyle. It was a momentary clash of cultures. Someday he'll understand that.

Take heart, power boat owners don't always get along with sailboat owners and vice versa.

Good luck!
..rickko..
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

AxeYrCat wrote:You know your Buddy is not Japanese, right? :wink:
Yes
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

DennisD wrote:That's a lot more about the person than the bike he rides.
Not sure I understand what you are saying
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

sbebenelli wrote:
DennisD wrote:That's a lot more about the person than the bike he rides.
Not sure I understand what you are saying
It simply means the guy is a doofus. His attitude does not come from the bike, but from the rider. People are funny about teasing. Most can dish out what they won't take.
Kentiki

Post by Kentiki »

In my experience, real bikers would either think the scoots cool, or wouldn't think anything of it (good or bad) enough to harass you. Most have told me they like anything with two wheels and a motor!
buddyboop

Post by buddyboop »

rickko wrote:
sbebenelli wrote:...One of their employees drives a Harley...
He is probably irked at your lingo, driving a Harley. Most people I know call it riding a ...

More seriously, owning and regularly riding a Buddy most likely will change your lifestyle. Owning a Harley will change your lifestyle. It was a momentary clash of cultures. Someday he'll understand that.

Take heart, power boat owners don't always get along with sailboat owners and vice versa.

Good luck!
..rickko..
Is it wrong to be "driving a Harley" and not wrong to be on a "moped".?
sotied

Post by sotied »

Hey, the red buddy club (I like to call them the dark-pink buddy club) doesn't always see eye-to-eye with the premium vehicle in Genuine's arsenal - the Tangerine '08 Buddy.

But we still let them ride with us...even though they're the slowest color.

I say live and let live!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

sotied wrote:Hey, the red buddy club (I like to call them the dark-pink buddy club) doesn't always see eye-to-eye with the premium vehicle in Genuine's arsenal - the Tangerine '08 Buddy.

I say live and let live!
The '08 Tangerine Buddy is just a watered down version of the ever more popular Sunset Orange Buddy. My used SOB has practically doubled in value since May. :roll: Now that's an investment even Harley owners can't match.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

sotied wrote:Hey, the red buddy club (I like to call them the dark-pink buddy club) doesn't always see eye-to-eye with the premium vehicle in Genuine's arsenal - the Tangerine '08 Buddy.

I say live and let live!
Your dumb :lol: just playin
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

AxeYrCat wrote:You know your Buddy is not Japanese, right? :wink:
I think he was referring to the fact that Harley is a Japanese company now
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

The slowest one was the buddy (mine) under the girl (me) who forgot to get gas and got stranded at 11pm on a Sunday night a mile from the nearest open gas station.
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

sbebenelli wrote:I work at a family owned auto repair & sales. We do a lot of alignments for a tire shop down the street from us. One of their employees drives a Harley. Just yesterday he was in and made fun of my "moped" and the fact he seen me driving with a full face helmet. People teasing me about my scooter doesn't bother me at all. I just go along with it. Today Snap On was here and he happened to see the tool truck here and stopped to get a price on a motorcycle tool kit that he can keep in his saddle bags. I told him I didn't need a tool kit and if he had a Japanese bike he wouldn't either. Long story short I think he left the truck a little mad.

Isn't funny how people can tease others but yet they cannot take it at all in return?
You could also have noted that you don't need saddlebags and have an extra $10K to spend by not buying a Harley (more if you count repair costs) ... but I can tell you were nice and not trying to rub it in :)
sotied

Post by sotied »

LisaLisa wrote:The slowest one was the buddy (mine) under the girl (me) who forgot to get gas and got stranded at 11pm on a Sunday night a mile from the nearest open gas station.
THAT'S rotten.

Were you at the peak of a hill and able to glide down to the station...I hope?
Charles Kegel

Post by Charles Kegel »

LOL I have owned just about every make of motorcycle BUT the most fun I have is with my scooters!
Attachments
funny+graphic.jpg
funny+graphic.jpg (4.42 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

sotied wrote:
LisaLisa wrote:The slowest one was the buddy (mine) under the girl (me) who forgot to get gas and got stranded at 11pm on a Sunday night a mile from the nearest open gas station.
THAT'S rotten.

Were you at the peak of a hill and able to glide down to the station...I hope?
Nope. Dismount and push it like a bicycle. To a closed gas station. And you go to all the shut off pumps (eight) and lift the hoses to get the drips. Which then gets you enough gas to start it and make it almost up the next hill. Then you glide down the hill.
PinkScoot

Post by PinkScoot »

While they're laughin'
I know they're lookin'
tickled pingk