Proud New Buddy Owner

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SpunkyFem

Proud New Buddy Owner

Post by SpunkyFem »

Hey !

I just bought a new PINK buddy today from Scooterworks in Chicago. I was a little wobbly at first, since its been 20 years since I rode a scooter, but soon, I was zipping right along!!!!

I'm so jazzed and am trying to figure out some place I need to go !!!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Proud New Buddy Owner

Post by jrsjr »

SpunkyFem wrote:I'm so jazzed and am trying to figure out some place I need to go !!!
Congratulations on your new Buddy. You sound like my kinda scooterist!
LDB

Post by LDB »

Someplace you need to go should be easy. Just start riding in any direction and when the day is half over turn around and return. Enjoy your new ride.
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
Milehibuddy

We are expecting identical twins!

Post by Milehibuddy »

Thanks to all of you that have posted here!

My wife and I have been looking for 2 scooters for months.
Many hours spent on the web and at local dealers.

The awesome people on this site helped us make our decision to purchase the Modern Buddy's a no brainer!

We are expecting identical twins next week!

We have never owned scooters before and are looking forward to the additions to our family.

If you are searching these posts, trying to make your mind up on what scooter to buy, stop wasting your time, shut down the computer, get to your local dealer , test drive it, wipe that stupid grin off your face,(dealer will know he owns ya!) put down your deposit, take time off from work until it arrives, (you will be no good to them until it arrives,and everyone at work will avoid you because they are tired of you rambling on about it) Go say hello to your favorite gas station, let them know you took some smart pills and not to send a search team for you, you will be back occasionaly, tell them you can now pay cash, and would like change for for a $5.00

Many Thanks to everyone for all the great posts!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

^Well, ,if you think you are driving people crazy before you get the Buddys you are sunk once you get them. My husband and I each have one now so thank goodness we never get sick of each other talking about them. One friend says we need to put a $ in a jar everytime we say the word "scooter". Thank goodness my co worker/frd got one also, otherwise everyone at work would be ready to throw me out the window. Being a first timer (as we are), be careful. these little guys have kick. My friend had a minor accident using a little too much throttle for the job. Luckily she was wearing a helmet. Be safe and have fun!
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

Welcome to the World of The Buddy. My husband and I have had out Buddies since June 24th and already participated in a local 4th of July Parade. We had a blast with the local Scooter club, the Ten Year Lates. We've put a lot of miles on them already, taking them to work everyday for starters. Get full face helmets and some protective gear and see the sights on your new Buddies!!!
Tamari

Proud New Buddy Owner

Post by Tamari »

Vongrats on your new purchase! I just got mine here in Denver 3 days ago, and I have ridden everyday, even in the rain today! Can't wait to get on it every time, and, yeah, ABSOLUTELY LOVE saying to the gas station attendant: "$3 on number 4, please."

I am having tooooooooo much fun; I don't care that I spent MSRP, plus $200.00.

Enjoy, everyone, as I am!!
Milehibuddy

Post by Milehibuddy »

Thanks for your concern. We will definately be cautious! We actually saw a Creme color that was wrecked at the shop today. My wife saw first hand what a little accident can do to a scoot like this. The dealer said that the boy was not hurt serious, but thought the scoot was a total loss.
Still looking at all the websites on helmets.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Milehibuddy wrote:Still looking at all the websites on helmets.
Would this be a opportune moment to step in with a plug for a full-face helmet and a riding jacket? The thing with helmets is that headbones come in round and oblong, so just measuring the diameter of your headbone is not enough. Helmets also come in round and oblong, so you have to try some on and see which brand suits the shape of your head. A riding jacket is a good idea, too. They come in a zillion varieties, but many folks have found that the mesh jackets with some padding are the best balance of price&protection without making you look like a medieval knight in the process.

I hope that kid will be okay. The scooter can always be replaced. Rider training (combined with your safety equipment) is your best protection against getting hurt.

Ride Safe.