anyone ever tried Italia w/a Pamplona seat?

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

betsy q. bramble

anyone ever tried Italia w/a Pamplona seat?

Post by betsy q. bramble »

I'd be very curious to know what this looks like, with a tan seat.

I've seen people's Italia's with brown seats/grips/floormats and I like it, but I think I'd prefer if the seat and grips were a lighter tone, rather than the darker brown.

Well..if anyone is bored and has photoshop, I sure would become a big fan of you!
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Have you seen KRUSTYburger's scooter? She made a custom tan seat cover, and it looks great. Search 'round the Gallery forum, and you'll find it.
ModBud #442
rickko

Re: anyone ever tried Italia w/a Pamplona seat?

Post by rickko »

betsy q. bramble wrote:I'd be very curious to know what this looks like, with a tan seat.

... I'd prefer if the seat and grips were a lighter tone, ...
My girlfriend has a pamplona seat on order as I write this. We are going to change the seat and grips on our Italia as you are suggesting.

When (if) the parts ever arrive I'll post a picture here of the conversion.

So far we've been waiting over 1 month of the parts to reach our dealership. They have grips but not the seat.

..rickko..
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
Christy

Post by Christy »

why not just try a seat cover? there are several of us around here who make them.....
EPSP #76
betsy q. bramble

polianarchy wrote:Have you seen KRUSTYburger's scooter? She made a custom tan seat cover, and it looks great. Search 'round the Gallery forum, and you'll find it.
I HAVE seen Krustyburger's scooter, and I lust over it each and every time. But I do not have skills to tailor such a gorgeous being.
betsy q. bramble

Christy wrote:why not just try a seat cover? there are several of us around here who make them.....
Mostly because of weather-proofness. I just made that word up. But you get the idea.
betsy q. bramble

Re: anyone ever tried Italia w/a Pamplona seat?

rickko wrote:
betsy q. bramble wrote:I'd be very curious to know what this looks like, with a tan seat.

... I'd prefer if the seat and grips were a lighter tone, ...
My girlfriend has a pamplona seat on order as I write this. We are going to change the seat and grips on our Italia as you are suggesting.

When (if) the parts ever arrive I'll post a picture here of the conversion.

So far we've been waiting over 1 month of the parts to reach our dealership. They have grips but not the seat.

..rickko..
That is GREAT news! I can't wait to see it!! PLEASE don't forget to show me, if and when the seat ever comes in.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Christy wrote:why not just try a seat cover? there are several of us around here who make them.....
I am considering an SI Buddy and these thread intrigues me quite a bit. Could you elaborate on who all makes seat covers. PM me if you want to provide me the information directly.

I would definitely love to see the tan seat on the SI! Bring on the pics. I am sort of torn on which way to go and this might push me finally in the direction of the SI. I don't really like the seat color that much and this could definitely sway me.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Taz wrote:
I am considering an SI Buddy and these thread intrigues me quite a bit. Could you elaborate on who all makes seat covers. PM me if you want to provide me the information directly.

I would definitely love to see the tan seat on the SI! Bring on the pics. I am sort of torn on which way to go and this might push me finally in the direction of the SI. I don't really like the seat color that much and this could definitely sway me.
Both Christy and KRUSTYburger here on this board have made seat covers (and I feel like there's others I can't remember).

Kind of *the* seat cover maker is http://scooterseatcovers.com/ Crystal does some great work and is up to custom jobs.

Weather-proofiness is a problem though.

I LOVE the brown seat/grips on an Italia (I don't have the tread here but user ShaneWilson had a custom brown leather seat made that is gorgeous). I'm not so sure I'd like the cream/tan. When I saw a Pamplona in person that color was my least favorite part of the scooter.

Taz, you can find some good custom pics in the Scooter Gallery section of the board here. Not many are Italias but you will find a few.

EDIT: I'm a moron. This IS the gallery section. WHEEEE!!!