Just Ordered a Pink Buddy for her and Sunset Orange for me

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OkieBuddy

Just Ordered a Pink Buddy for her and Sunset Orange for me

Post by OkieBuddy »

:lol: My wife and I ordered two new Buddies yesterday at Atomic Brown Scooter Shop in Oklahoma City!

We will have to wait two weeks before they arrive and can hardly wait.
We have enrolled in the motorcycle rider training class, because we have never owned motor scooters.

I appreciate all your review and news in this forum and will give you ours as soon as we start scooting! (with pictures of course) :oops:

We are shopping for helments, have our gloves, and accessories. She will be in pink, looks like so far. I am looking for an orangish helment.

We saw our first news announcement in Oklahoma City last night about a Vespa, scooters are getting very popular. The Buddies leave the Atomic Brown Scooter Store as fast as they come in. We paid $2,700 each for them because they are so popular! Retail is $2,400 on most webpages. There was no haggling, but I tried!

If you have any pointers for newbies, they are always welcome.

Be scooting soon!
Jim
paige

Post by paige »

In California, they are $2499, but taxes and fees bump it to $3199. We really like our orange Buddy so far. Enjoy the scoots, ride safe.

p.s. Get full face helmets.
ellen

Post by ellen »

I second what Paige said about a full face!
And don't shop for a helmet by color. Shop for one which fits your noggin.
Try all the brands on and find the one which works for you.
Heads come in different shapes and so do helmets.
You can always bling it up later with decals.
Tikka Masala

Post by Tikka Masala »

Although I agree with a full face or modular flip ... IF you should choose a 3/4 here is an option that might work for the Orange Buddy.

Z1R
Jimmy Retro Helmet

$69.99

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/it ... ivision=1#
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I think you and your wife will do great. we just picked up our black Buddy 125 and it is a breeze to ride (get it out of a crowded parking lot for your first drive...the throttle has zip!) I had not ridden a scooter before Buddy. The only problem is I was the one who wanted to get the scooter and my husband has already decided it is his instead of ours. A second after trying it he was GONE. Found him later back home zipping around the neighborhood. He basically has taken custody of the Buddy. He has no problem either, and has only ridden a motor cycle once in his life-20 years ago. It is so fun seeing a sceptic grinning ear to ear. My only issue is confidence... I am a big chicken in general, so I will need some practice before I really relax. Something tells me we may be getting another Buddy(esp if we can sell our darn second car..who needs it when you have Buddy?)
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just Ordered a Pink Buddy for her and Sunset Orange for

Post by jrsjr »

OkieBuddy wrote::lol: My wife and I ordered two new Buddies yesterday at Atomic Brown Scooter Shop in Oklahoma City!
I <3 Atomic Brown Scooters. Those folks treated us like royalty when we rode through OKC in 2004. I hope you love your Buddy(s). :D
OkieBuddy

We love Atomic Brown Scooter Shop

Post by OkieBuddy »

Well, we looked at many other cycle shops only to return to the Atomic Brown Scooter Shop and picked out our helments. They have such great products for those of us who scoot or should I say, will scoot within two weeks. The help is always friendly and experienced.

Mine is black with an orange flame outlined. (thanks for the orange helment picture, looks great) It will look good on my Buddy. Of course I had to try several to get one that fit perfect, again helped by Atomic Brown!

My wife's is pink, with dark red flames. We should look very snazzy. I should send you pictures, but we are waiting to send them with us sitting on our Buddies!

Talked to our local Scooter club president, who just happened to be at Atomic Brown Scooter Shop. We will have to join them on a Sunday afternoon ride, as soon as we get confident!

Thanks for your reviews! :D
Jim
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

My husband bought me the Pink Buddy from Atomic Brown on Wed. He tried to talk me into the Orange(not my favorite color). I haven't learned how to drive it yet,but planning on taking the driving class. My husband is having a ball with it.....PINK and ALL!!!!!

Looking forward to possibly joining a scooter club and going for some rides.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
SCOOTINPINK

pink buddy scooter

Post by SCOOTINPINK »

for helmets look at Z1R. They have pink and orange.
I had to pay $2917.00 for my buddy. :( If I wouldn't have wanted this scooter so bad I would have looked else where.
OkieBuddy

Post by OkieBuddy »

I understand the Oklahoma City Curiosity Scooter Club meets at the Atomic Brown Scooter Shop every last Sunday at 2 pm for rides. I met the president of the club at Atomic Brown and he said just meet them there and ride for the first time to see if we were interested.
Jim
SCOOTINPINK

helmets

Post by SCOOTINPINK »

OkieBuddy

Post by OkieBuddy »

Thanks for the Z1R helment website. They have many cool pink and orange helments that would look good on our rides.

The price for a Buddy is worth it, I believe. I found out today, my Allstate insurance agent said it would cost me $95.00 a year for liability. I already have uninsured motorists and insurance if I run into someone else. What a bargin, along with great gas mileage! :lol:
Jim
ruthjenkins

jacket for scooter riders to match your scooter

Post by ruthjenkins »

I traded up to a Buddy 125 which is PINK...I had a blue People 50 and purchased a matching jacket...well, a blue jacket on a pink scooter wasn't going to happen...I'd look more like an Easter egg than anything else....so I purchased a pink one to match....okay, what company has all these great colors...Cortech...the one I bought is for ladies but they have all different styles...

What I like about the jacket is that it has air vents that allow the wind to go through the jacket, cooling off your body. There are two arm vents, a shoulder vent, two back vents. It also has great reflectors on the back and front for wonderful night visibility. There are protectors on your shoulders, elbows and back in the event that...god forbid, you fall.

I am now requesting their mesh jacket that will be perfect for summer riding in Kansas City..and yes, I'm getting it in PINK!!!

Happy scooting! :lol:
ruthjenkins

web link for Cortech

Post by ruthjenkins »

lotte

Post by lotte »

Awesome!! Congratulations on your new scooters! I too am a person with no scooter experience wanting a Buddy. Let me know how your first ride feels like!
ruthjenkins

easy handling

Post by ruthjenkins »

The Buddy is very easy to handle, just push the start button, twist the right throttle and go...the brakes come in handy when you want to stop and their just like bike brakes.

If you've never ridden I suggest going to a dealer and having them help you with a test ride...or if you know someone with a scooter ask if you can ride on the back of it with them a few times. You'll get the feel for it that way too.

After that, a big parking lot is the best place to learn...remember when you were 15 and learning to drive??? Well it's the same thing with a scooter...you need lots of open spaces..

DO IT!!!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

::: sigh ::: what a great day.... finally, people who like pink as much as I do! ;-)

I have a Z1R Maxim Stance helmet that I really like (in pic) - I agree wholeheartedly with Ellen, though, pick by fit rather than color. Safety and comfort first, before fashion. Luckily, there are tons of pink helmets out by many manufacturers this year, see my write-up here:

http://www.girlbike.com/scooters/pinkhelmets.html

I believe that many come in orange, too!

Congrats to everyone on their new scooters. :-)
Shellee

Re: pink buddy scooter

Post by Shellee »

SCOOTINPINK wrote:I had to pay $2917.00 for my buddy. :( If I wouldn't have wanted this scooter so bad I would have looked else where.
I paid a little more than that OTD. Think of it like childbirth... once the pain is over, you get to enjoy your new baby! :lol:

Happy scootin!

~ Shellee
LDB

Post by LDB »

I've been over to Scootersmith in Houston a couple of times. They had pink and orange on the floor the last time I was there. I really like the orange. It reminds me of a 70's musclecar color. It's definitely a good "guy" color. Post updates on your pink/orange combo.
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
OkieBuddy

Post by OkieBuddy »

:D We are officially enrolled in the Precision Driving Course OSU offers in Oklahoma City. We learn to scoot on July 2nd and 3rd. Hope it is not too hot! 8) My wife visited Atomic Brown Scooter Shop today and they said maybe the two scooters will be in this week! :shock:

It would be great to get in some practice before the class.

Thanks for all the info and pictures, my wife especially enjoyed the "pink" stuff!

As soon as I have my first ride, I will give it a review. (with pics) :wink: Also good to hear about the mileage reports, cool, 93 to over 100 mpg is awesome for new scoots!
Jim
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

OkieBuddy wrote:We learn to scoot on July 2nd and 3rd. Hope it is not too hot! 8)
If your class is outside, the hot part will be sitting around on the pavement; the riding section will be fine. I rode today, 98 degrees in north TX, and was comfortable with a very heavy jean jacket, jeans, boots and full-face helmet on. I think that I'm hotter in a short sleeve shirt b/c of sun exposure. The wind helped, but was interesting to ride in. I'm ordering a mesh, armored jacket, which should be great for the heat. As someone said, dress for the crash, not for the ride.
dahuffy

Hey Okiebuddy!

Post by dahuffy »

I just signed up for the Percision Course at OSU today! Mine is Sat. and Sun. July 1st and 2nd. I got the last spot available. Look for me on my PINK BUDDY!
OkieBuddy

From Pink and Orange to Cream and Black

Post by OkieBuddy »

My wife and I pre-ordered the Orange and Pink Buddies on June 16th, paid in full. We were still awaiting our order (these are hot), but Cream and Black came in today, so guess who switched colors, yes!!

The cream is a very, very light yellow color with metalic flakes (specks) in the paint, very nice paint job. MY wife could not resist it. :shock:

The black with the silver trim was too much to bear and I had to have it now, so we have switched colors. :P

We pick them up tomorrow afternoon and will add pics tomorrow, hopefully before the sun goes down, I do not think we will be getting off of them for quite a while.
Jim
mlstephens

Re: From Pink and Orange to Cream and Black

Post by mlstephens »

OkieBuddy wrote: The cream is a very, very light yellow color with metalic flakes (specks) in the paint, very nice paint job. MY wife could not resist it. :shock:

The black with the silver trim was too much to bear and I had to have it now, so we have switched colors. :P
You'll be much happier with the Cream and Black anyway....IMHO. Have fun and ride safely.
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

My husband and I bought pink and black Buddies 2 weeks ago and have had the time of our lives! I ordered the Cortech LXR PINK jacket and already have a Vega pink/black/silver full-face helmet. We can't get into the Basic Rider Course until September 27th. We are virgin scooterists and my husband did great right away but I needed the big open parking lot for practice. Put about 6 miles on the Buddy and it was well worth it. He set up some tight places for me to ride through and that helped as well. Be safe and have a great time!!!
jess

Post by jess »

BoneGirl wrote:My husband and I bought pink and black Buddies 2 weeks ago and have had the time of our lives!
I'm glad to hear you two are having such a good time -- scootering is immensely fun, isn't it?

Keep riding -- you'll find that on every ride for the first month or so, you'll notice how much better you've gotten since the last ride. It's actually very gratifying to see and feel yourself progress at such a steady clip.
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

Hi All! Just a quick note to the both OkieBuddies, We (dahuffy & I) passed you today on Midwest Blvd. She was on her Pink Tink, while I was driving my Dakota that was hauling MY NEW CREAM BUDDY! We got home, unloaded and set off on our First tandem scoot! It was a blast! Only 50 miles round trip, and after dark even! :shock:
I will post more later, maybe even some pics! 8)

Kehuffy :wink:
okclc

From Pink and Orange to Cream and Black

Post by okclc »

Congratulations, OkieBuddies! (Mrs. Okiejack here) I had been wondering if you all had your wheels yet. Those colors sound really pretty. Are there pics somewhere?

Have fun scootin' around!
Rootin', tootin', and scootin'!

okclc