Dia de los Buddys (Buddy art)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Dia de los Buddys (Buddy art)

Post by ericalm »

Saw this linked to another thread via scootppink.com and had to share its awesomeness.

It was a commission, so I can't buy it for the missus. :(
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
esk

Post by esk »

woo! very nice!
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

That is fantastic. If you like those sort of, calavera scenes, you should check out the book "En calavera: The Papier-Mache Art of the Linares Family." by Susan Masuoka. Pedro Linares did some amazing things which are now carried on via his sons, and his sons' sons, etc etc.

Here in Birmingham, we have an ever-growing Dia de los Muertos celebration. Workshops for the decorations started last weekend. This years gonna be a blast. Flaco Jimenez has been booked to bring his squeeze-box excellence to the party. So if you find yourself in Alabama on November 2nd, you'd be wise to show up!

Here is a photo of myself and my wife, Shawnie, who just happens also to be a modern buddy boarder. The photo is from Dia '07: