Buddy in the back of a Honda Element

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KCScooterDude

Buddy in the back of a Honda Element

Post by KCScooterDude »

Anyone with a Honda Element?

I'm wondering if a Buddy (I have a Blur, but I think their the same height) would fit in the back of an Element.

What about a minivan?

Strange question, I know, but we're having a child in January and if we have to get another cage, I'd like to be able to transport the scoot.

Another option - towing a small trailer behind a Jetta or Subaru Impreza.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Option C: a side car for the kiddos.

I swear there is an Element thread somewhere. I recall the buddy fit...maybe w/o mirrors
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i can't find that thread either! but if i recall correctly, sombody transported a stella in their Element comfortably, and i think a buddy will fit also.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

There's this viewtopic.php?t=5256&highlight=honda+element post, but I also thought there was another out there somewhere that had pictures to boot.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronin_000/

"We're just all jealous that you will be able to ride for more than 45 minutes without your butt going numb." - jmazza
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I recall the Element thread too (though it may have been on MV). As I recall, the scoot had to be laid about half way over (ie. no fuel, remove the battery, etc). I think a small, light trailer is a better idea.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Dooglas wrote:I recall the Element thread too (though it may have been on MV). As I recall, the scoot had to be laid about half way over (ie. no fuel, remove the battery, etc). I think a small, light trailer is a better idea.
I don't think so. I remember the photo too. The scoot was upright. I wonder if the OP deleted the photo from his/her homepage.
treblecrush

Post by treblecrush »

i have an element and a buddy, yes it fits...........fold the back seats against the walls, and put it in the side doors with the mirrors off.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

treblecrush wrote:i have an element and a buddy, yes it fits...........fold the back seats against the walls, and put it in the side doors with the mirrors off.
Thank you.

I can't wait to see the look on the salesperson's face when I try that!!!
standup

Post by standup »

My scooter dealer swore a Buddy would not fit in an Element, but there were definitely pictures documenting that it can work. Take tie-downs and put the scooter in through the side door with the seats folded up against the windows or removed completely. The element may not get great mileage (now that I'm on a scooter half the time), but it will hold a whole lot of crap.
esk

Post by esk »

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinfarr ... 792/">this photo</a> was linked to in that thread - maybe that's what people are remembering?
mrsding

Post by mrsding »

I have a Chrysler Town and Country, and we hauled 2 Buddy's home at one time. We ratchet strapped the handlebars, and had to remove the mirrors. It worked perfectly.

Susan
Get Busy Livin', or Get Busy Dyin'
skullmechanic

Post by skullmechanic »

Oh wow! I have to get out the tape measure to see if one will fit in a Toyota Sienna if I take out the seats.
brape

Post by brape »

I know this is talked about in a few threads here because I read them before I bought my buddy 80 miles from where I was moving to. We brought it home in the back of the element. It was a bit of a pain to get it into the back but it fits fine. Someone said they could fit 2 in the back of an element but I just don't see how that would work.
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

k1dude

Post by k1dude »

betsy q. bramble wrote:Here is the thread!

viewtopic.php?t=5649&highlight=hipster
That's it! How in the heck did you find that thread? I did every iteration of 'Element and Stella' I could think of using the search function and it never showed up.

There was also another thread somewhere with a photo of a Silver Element with something like a beige Buddy in it.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

that is the stella in an element thread. there was a buddy one too. No matter, if a Stella can fit, a Buddy sure can
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

k1dude wrote:
betsy q. bramble wrote:Here is the thread!

viewtopic.php?t=5649&highlight=hipster
That's it! How in the heck did you find that thread? I did every iteration of 'Element and Stella' I could think of using the search function and it never showed up.

There was also another thread somewhere with a photo of a Silver Element with something like a beige Buddy in it.
I found it because I remembered they were making fun of themselves as hipsters for the Stella + element + Ikea combo. So I searched the board for hipster.

I moonlight as a secret agent, also.