Local Scooter Clubs Boards

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

NarMeowZippy

Local Scooter Clubs Boards

Post by NarMeowZippy »

I've joined a local scooter group in Seattle to do some riding and meet new scoot owners in my area. They have there page on MeetUp.com.

What I've noticed about their page and message boards... no one actually contributes. Someone will post a question, twenty people will read it, no one will actually comment or respond.

Maybe I'm spoiled with this forum, because all of you are so helpful and full of amazing advice (and fun pics). Has anyone else noticed this with other forums/message boards?
It's Scooter-rific!!!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

There are other forums? Oh crap...what have I been missing! :wink:
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
vitaminC

Re: Local Scooter Clubs Boards

Post by vitaminC »

NarMeowZippy wrote: Maybe I'm spoiled with this forum, because all of you are so helpful and full of amazing advice (and fun pics). Has anyone else noticed this with other forums/message boards?
Not everyone can be as wonderful as us :P

The more local a board is, the less likely it is to thrive, as many people are just too busy to participate regularly, and you are starting from a much smaller pool. Judging from this board, a local group in Cinci would likely to well, but one in Fargo might not...
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

We've got one in Cincinnati... http://www.tenyearlates.com

I think the tendency here is to be real active in posting at first, and less so over time, in some cases disappearing entirely. There are notable exceptions, of course. There are over 400 members here, but the majority of the daily posts are from only a handful of people composed of new members and the die hards who have stuck around and still post. Probably some lurking going on as well.

Some people get the initial information they're looking for and then disappear. That's OK. Others, thankfully stay here and post useful information for people like me who have a lot to learn.

I know at least one person who told me he doesn't show up here much anymore because he found he was behaving like an addict and his family was more important to him than Modern Buddy.

In my case, I like to write, I'm opinionated, and I never learned how to keep my mouth (or in this case keyboard) disengaged.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
Keys

Post by Keys »

The Scarabs have a mighty noisy forum in Phoenix. http://phxscarabsc.com/forum/index.php

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

lobsterman wrote:Some people get the initial information they're looking for and then disappear.
I feel so used :(

:P
sunshinen

Post by sunshinen »

http://www.dcscoots.com/ -- for anyone in the area
NarMeowZippy

Post by NarMeowZippy »

Yeah, I've noticed that there are only a handful of us that post regularly and actually reply.

I just thought another local forum/message board with 180+ members would be slightly more active than they are.
It's all the "artists" we have here in Seattle marching to the beat of their own drum. Damn hippies. :wink:
It's Scooter-rific!!!
smorris

Post by smorris »

Even some national forums are extremely quiet. On Vespaspeed, I was so bored, I was writing responses to the spammers. We have three in Cleveland, one is about dead, and the other two quite active, with all being about the same size.
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ____ 2006 Vespa LX150 ____ 1965 Vespa 180 SS
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ____ 1958 MGA Roadster
weebl

Post by weebl »

Richmond has a scooter club: http://www.7hillssc.com/index.php

The board isn't that active because they meet every Thursday anyway, and right now there's a kinda big problem with spam bots :(
toga28

Post by toga28 »

-Andy Moore
Orange Buddy 125
Covets thy neighbor's Stella