Blur colors... Hm...

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Blur colors... Hm...

Post by ericalm »

I recently saw a Blur that I thought had been custom painted. But looking at the ModernBuddy Blur avatar today, I noticed it was slightly different from the Blurs I've seen at the dealer and on the Genuine site and closer to the "custom" one I'd seen. The avatar version does not have orange "spikes" or Blur graphics on the front of the legshield.

Did Genuine release 2 versions of the Blur? Did I maybe see a very early one? Curious...
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BlueMark

Re: Blur colors... Hm...

Post by BlueMark »

ericalm wrote:looking at the ModernBuddy Blur avatar today, I noticed it was slightly different from the Blurs I've seen at the dealer and on the Genuine site and closer to the "custom" one I'd seen. The avatar version does not have orange "spikes" or Blur graphics on the front of the legshield.
I created that avatar from a photo that I 'debranded'. The Genuine logos remain, but the orange stickers are all removed. I think it makes a for a nice, slightly more understated design.

-Mark

Here it is in Wallpaper size:
Attachments
blur.jpg
blur.jpg (61.46 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

So the front spikes are decals? Huh. Pretty easy to de-Blur it. Yeah, I think it looks better without all the excess junk.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

I think you could even remove the Genuine logos on the side, they appear to be some kind of decal. As much as I love the orange, I'd like do see a no decal one with all the orange in Kawasaki green or something similar.
- Bryce
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Bryce-O-Rama wrote:I think you could even remove the Genuine logos on the side
Yeah, originally I thought it was screenprinted right on there, but looking closer, it's a big clear decal that covers that whole area. Has anyone tried pulling it off yet? I'm afraid to mess up the paint.

Bb.
Last edited by illnoise on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

illnoise wrote:
Bryce-O-Rama wrote:I think you could even remove the Genuine logos on the side
Yeah, originally I thought it was screenprinted right on there, but looking closer, it's a big clear decal that covers that whole area. Has anyone tried pulling it off yet? I'm afraid to mess up the paint.
I may be wrong, but I don't think the grey panels on the Blur are painted. They look like they've got the color molded in. I'm not sure whether or not removing those decals would be bad or not.
Last edited by Bryce-O-Rama on Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Bryce
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Bryce-O-Rama wrote: wrote:
illnoise wrote:
Bryce-O-Rama wrote: wrote:I think you could even remove the Genuine logos on the side
I may be wrong, but I don't think the grey panels on the Blur are painted. They look like they've got the color molded in. I'm not sure whether or not removing those decals would be bad or not.
The only screenprinted logo appears to be on the back of the saddle - which looks nice, I'd leave it.

The grey panels appear to be solid color molded with a subtle metalic flake - it actually looks better the closer you get to it.

I've only removed the decals from the picture in photoshop. Not got around to peeling them off the bike yet - but the weather has already begun to do the job - several edges are starting to stick up. Any advice on wholesale removal of the decals without damage to the body panels? Would goo-gone or something similar be a bad idea?

-Mark
Last edited by BlueMark on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Bryce-O-Rama wrote: wrote:As much as I love the orange, I'd like do see a no decal one with all the orange in Kawasaki green or something similar.
Look something like this? (original changed to forest green):
Attachments
blurforestgreen.jpg
blurforestgreen.jpg (17.14 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
Last edited by BlueMark on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 360 »

I was thinking something almost exactly like that...except maybe a more military green.

But the orange has started growing on me.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

360 wrote:I was thinking something almost exactly like that...except maybe a more military green.

But the orange has started growing on me.
Check this Buddy out:

Details here: viewtopic.php?t=232
More here: topic328.html

Post by 360 »

exactly! more like that color. kind of a military look.

You did both those custom jobs yourself, right?
I remember seeing those a while ago..good job on them.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Not me, it was member dsleedesign. He did a great job, but that's not quite my style.
BlueMark

Tiger Blur

Post by BlueMark »

Here's a paint and seatcover combo that shouldn't be too tough for us amateurs.
Just as soon as Crystal starts offering seatcovers for the Blur.
Attachments
blurtiger3.jpg
blurtiger3.jpg (27.22 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tiger Blur

Post by illnoise »

BlueMark wrote:Here's a paint and seatcover combo that shouldn't be too tough for us amateurs.
Um, not even if I still lived in Cincinnati. Heh. Too bad I'm relatively ambivalent about football, I could do a Bears one. Maybe I could do Holland or Ivory Coast.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
BlueMark

Re: Tiger Blur

Post by BlueMark »

illnoise wrote:Um, not even if I still lived in Cincinnati. Heh. Too bad I'm relatively ambivalent about football, I could do a Bears one. Maybe I could do Holland or Ivory Coast.
Wow, Cincinnati has quite a presence on this board. I'm originally from Cleves - in the hills just west.

A Bears edition is pretty easy. Have no idea how a Holland or Ivory Coast scoot should look.
Attachments
blurBears.jpg
blurBears.jpg (19 KiB) Viewed 1970 times