NSR: Taiwan Olympic Flag

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MikieTaps

NSR: Taiwan Olympic Flag

Post by MikieTaps »

I think if anyone ever races their buddy, or enters it into a competition, it should use this flag :D
Attachments
Taiwan%20olympic%20Flag.gif
Taiwan%20olympic%20Flag.gif (7.23 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

No, the ROC should be allowed to use their own flag in the Olympics. In the opening ceremony, NBC's commentators must have been reading the Chinese script about how gracious it was of China to allow "Chinese Taipei" to participate with a special flag. That's the spirit!

It was nice that the crowd gave them an extra big cheer.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I totally agree they should have been able to use their own flag...

I think we need to help support Taiwan and run with it... you know how when someone slams you and you turn around and use whatever they say against them and you take all the power away from them :D
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

God bless Taiwan (and let them us their own country's flag!). Communist China could learn a thing or two about how to build scoots from them.
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

irishtim wrote:God bless Taiwan (and let them us their own country's flag!). Communist China could learn a thing or two about how to build scoots from them.

In communist China... scooter rides you! :lol:
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

I was watching the opening ceremonies with my wife and her 2 friends, all of which are Taiwanese. It was not a pretty sight when that flag popped onto the screen.

I don't know any Taiwanese or Mandarin curse words but I'm sure I heard a few that night.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I'm taiwanese, I know some, not really a curse word, but a mean word to use, not sure how to "spell" it in english, but it sounds like "Buck-eye-a-do" the A being awww like when the doctor ask you to open your mouth and say aww.

Also, chinese, they stink, United nations? Just as bad, they wont let taiwan be their own country :evil: Technically they are a country, but to most people, they are "part of china" really, everything from taiwan is so great, if they became part of china, they'd screw a wonderful country.
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

Yes! I'm gonna try it out tonight. Can you give me some context for it? Is it Mandarin or Taiwanese?

And don't get me started on the whole Taiwan and One China policy. It's forbidden to talk about here anyway :D
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

English: "Ahhh screw it"

Half english/taiwanese: "Ahhh Buck-eye-a-do!"

It can really be used in many phrases or sentences, sorta like how I used the word "screw"..."screw you" "ahh screw it" ...you get it...

There are other words I know, but I just cant explain them in english because the way you'd read it wouldnt sound it out right, and there is no way for me to make you understand the sound like the doctor example I used earlier "awww"

I actually cannot write in taiwanese, but I can listen and talk fluently as my mother and grandparents and aunt and uncle are all taiwanese. My grand parents can semi speak english, you'll understand them, but it's broken english, so I always speak in taiwanese to them, even here and there, some words I dont know how to speak, I use english and they usually understand.

Oh by the way, the "do" in the phrase isnt pronounced like "do not", it's doe, like the baby deer...or is that the mother deer? Animal thing...creature...

it should be "Buck-eye-a-doe", remember the A is "aww" like when the doctor sticks a Popsicle stick onto your tung and the ending is doe like a deer. Just think buckeye, the nut, same sound actually.
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

Thanks! I'll let you know how much trouble I get in. And I'll keep your name out of it. :D
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

which syllable gets the emphasis?

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

illnoise wrote:No, the ROC should be allowed to use their own flag in the Olympics. In the opening ceremony, NBC's commentators must have been reading the Chinese script about how gracious it was of China to allow "Chinese Taipei" to participate with a special flag. That's the spirit!

It was nice that the crowd gave them an extra big cheer.

Bb.
i thought it was total bullshit too.
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

Well, the wife is either playing really coy (she's been known to do that) or i'm pronouncing it wrong. She just looks at me like i'm a moron. And not the normal moron look she gives me :D
UXO

Post by UXO »

Lightning Bolt!