Buddy Review

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OkieBuddy

Buddy Review

Post by OkieBuddy »

Okay, I finally have to get off my new Black Buddy 125, due to rain, so I can give my first review.

We (wife and I) picked up our Black and Cream Buddies Friday afternoon. We drove them home. It was awesome, the power and little growl, when throttling, along with the ease of driving it, stopping and turning.

We drove to the Sonic drive-in with our grandson, who has a bright green TBG 150. We got plenty of looks and a "right on" out of one car window.

We drove to my wifes parents house, several miles, into the country. It was great, safely whizzing by the cows, and pastures, along the way. My wifes dad, who is 82 rode my wife's cream buddy around the acreage, wow, he said, he hadn't ridden since his old "Indian motorcycle" before he got married.

We rode back to town, and off again we went to the lake. We were having so much fun, we did not want to get off.

The next morning, we were off for accessories, new 3/4 helments (had 1/2) with tinted and clear visors, magnets for signal lights, and to the bank on the other side of town. The Buddys do feel the bumps in the road, but it does not stop me from grinning the whole time I ride. We rode around the lake again, and the S curves felt so good on the Buddy, it handled like a dream. We rode all day, breaking for the usual stops and eats until almost midnight.

Sunday, off to see Pirates of the Carribean on our Buddies, and another great lake drive.

I rode it to work today, the first time and on break, I had to drive a little, just for fun.

We have put 320 miles since Friday, noon. I have not checked the mileage yet, but when we both got our tanks to 1/2 empty, filled them both up for $3.63. I filled them again for under $4.00. I keep track of fuel purchases with Vera check (software) program, and will compare costs of June to July.

I am so glad we have our new Buddies, they are fun, economical, and great looking scoots.
Jim
OkieBuddy

Additionally

Post by OkieBuddy »

Thanks for all the reviews and "how to"s, I have wired the original turn signals in the front cowling with the red wire taps. You can been seen a lot more at night when turning with both sets blinking.

After the first dealer oil change, I am doing my own, have located the oil plug and filter, again thanks to the step by step oil change procedures on MB. I still have not located the 140 wt gear oil, but the 75w140 is available locally everywhere.
Jim
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

That first post above just totally captures the pure joy of scootering. Not every minute of scootering will always be quite that blissful, but it's nice to remember how sweet it can be. Thanks for posting that, it totally made my day.

Welcome to scootering. Don't get so blissed out that you forget to ride safe! :D