Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

This morning... on my way to work....

I SAW THREE!!! RED BUDDIES!!! :shock: :D

I waved at the first two... they were both on Melrose heading South on Capital Hill towards 1st Hill. The first one was riding solo, half or 3/4 helmet, huge grin as he waved, inbetween pike and seneca. The second was inbetween pike and olive, riding two up, with a full face helmet, also waved.

The third turned in front of me heading west down Denny by Seattle Center, I never caught up to him, as I was late for work and didnt have time for any variance on my route.

What a GREAT morning!!! :twisted:
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

ericalm wrote: Ooh, I also saw a tangerine Buddy parked on Barham near Olive between Hollywood and Burbank a few days ago. Lots of Buddys—where are all the MBers?
AHHHH SOMEONE SAW ME!!!!!!
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Sumosamurai wrote:
ericalm wrote: Ooh, I also saw a tangerine Buddy parked on Barham near Olive between Hollywood and Burbank a few days ago. Lots of Buddys—where are all the MBers?
AHHHH SOMEONE SAW ME!!!!!!
Finally! A successful spotting!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
mayra

Post by mayra »

dunno if this counts but i saw a tangerine stella today on midlothian and bufordish area!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw a lady on a St Tropez near the Milwaukie Express way around 7:30 this evening,
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

tatoepfer wrote:Hey JMSmith in Ann Arbor - I drive a Pamplona...black helmet/leopard seat.

Where do you scoot about?
lol I JUST saw this post, sorry for taking over a month to reply... I scoot alllll over the place. But you are more likely to see me on ann arbor's west side.. Someone in my neighborhood has a pamplona, dont think its you though.
jmsmith802

Re: Buddys in Ann Arbor, MI

Post by jmsmith802 »

smysmy2 wrote:I have an orange Buddy 125 and go down Newport every day. I must have just seen you on a black buddy going down Newport around 1:30PM today (July 23rd). You should stop by the Ann Arbor Scooter Club at and you would see many more Buddys in AA.:

http://scooter.meetup.com/218/
Dang, I missed your reply too lol. I've joined the A3SC website, I have yet to attend a meet up.. I plan on going to one eventually. And yes that would be me you passed..
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

tonite at the meetup.com ride, I saw two other buddies! Apretty brand new Italia, Crystal was the owner I believe, and a Black and Silver buddy 125, Mo Fine!
scoots0414

Post by scoots0414 »

Chicago just SE of Ashland and Division:

I saw a beautiful blue buddy last night parked on my street! Anyone??
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yesterday at the Westfield fashion square mall in Sherman Oaks:
black '07 buddy with chrome racks, bag strapped to the front one, "scooter trash" sticker on the windshield, chrome cowl protectors, Givi top case. If it had still been there when I left, I would have set a MB button on the seat. I'm headed back to the apple store today, so if it's someone who works at the mall, they're getting a free button!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

ericalm wrote:Yesterday at the Westfield fashion square mall in Sherman Oaks:
black '07 buddy with chrome racks, bag strapped to the front one, "scooter trash" sticker on the windshield, chrome cowl protectors, Givi top case. If it had still been there when I left, I would have set a MB button on the seat. I'm headed back to the apple store today, so if it's someone who works at the mall, they're getting a free button!
"BLAM!!! Youve been Buddy Buttoned!!!" 8)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Yesterday at the Westfield fashion square mall in Sherman Oaks:
Thats an awesome idea! That'd make my day if it happened to me :)
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Now I just have this vision of your pet carrier being totally full of MB.com buttons... it makes me smile :D That would be an awesome idea for rallies or public events to promote MB
esk

Post by esk »

your regularly-scheduled seattle sighting: guy with a black 3/4 helmet on a cream buddy, today around 8:45am in the u-district, heading west on ne 45th st at the corner of 15th ave ne.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Esk, I am gonna start riding around U district just so I can get spotted by you!
armacham

Post by armacham »

I saw a Tangerine or sunset Buddy going on Oracle road on Tuesday here in Tucson.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

MikieTaps wrote:

Now I just have this vision of your pet carrier being totally full of MB.com buttons... it makes me smile :D That would be an awesome idea for rallies or public events to promote MB
I usually do up a batch for the local rallies. we need more Buddy riders showing up!
tatoepfer

Post by tatoepfer »

JMSmith - no worries! I live close to Frasier's Pub and work on the NW side of town so I cut through the Old West Side.

One of these days I'll make an A2 Scooter Club event...
"There's no one here...and people everywhere. You're on your own" - QOTSA
Xena

Post by Xena »

Crossed paths with a St. Tropez last night on way home from work here in Providence on the East Side...then toodled upon a nice couple on a Vespa...
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I spotted ScootingInTheRain last night! Although, he was not on his buddy, he was carrying and setting up a drum set!!! :D
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw my first Tangerine Buddy(other than my own that is!) this morning around 7:45 on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy! Didn't get a good look at a delivery truck passed between me and him just as we got close to eachother.
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

Just got back from a trip up and down the west coast. Props to the scooterists of San Francisco, Portland and Seattle. You guys are everywhere :D

Two weeks ago, I saw a beautiful Sunset orange Buddy parked in a line of motorcycles and Vespas on 4th near Union Square in San Francisco.

Last week in Seattle I saw a sea-foam green Buddy driving up the street while we were walking to the Space Needle. I think I scared my in-laws when I said, "Ooh! A buddy!" Had to explain about the scooter.

Don't remember the day, but I also saw a black 125 zipping around Portland while we were looking for Powell's-adjacent parking for the in-law's SUV. Made me miss my St. Tropez something fierce. I never have to look for parking. ;)
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

awww man... I work and park like half a block away from the space needle... i cant believe i NEVER get seen! :(
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

TODAY!!! SATURDAY AUGUST 13th!!!

I was heading north on 99 about to enter the tunnel... I was riding with a Vespa 250 GTSie, a Fly 150, and Bajaj Chetak and me on my Red Buddy...

We got a very nice, enthusiastic two finger wave from a guy on a Seafoam 125 just coming OUT of the tunnel...

Anyone on here?!?!? :D
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ericalm wrote:Tangerine Buddy with a rear rack in front of Dino's pizza in Burbank. Wish i'd had those (forthcoming) ModernBuddy cards!
I actually met and rode with this owner yesterday. :)
Not a MB member, but I hope to change that.
socaldave11

Post by socaldave11 »

I was up in the Bay Area this weekend and saw 2 Buddies - an Orange one parked on the Embarcadero and an Italia parked on the street in the Richmond District.

MAN are Vespas popular in SF. I must have seen 50 of them!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Sunday August 17th, about 630 pm

I saw a orange buddy with a female operator wearing an orange helmet riding east on pike past the QFC, I got a two finger salute as she passed by me. I was waiting in the left hand lane to turn, and you passed me on the right. :D
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

Saw a black Buddy 125 over at the Arclight parking deck, possibly someone catching a flick at the dome, working out at 24 hour fitness?
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

07 Blue Buddy in Danville on Saturday, 10ish am

I yelled of course :)
hackett

Post by hackett »

Early afternoon yesterday, I saw a woman on an orange buddy at Perrin-Beitel and Austin Hwy, close to TMC.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

St Tropez, Detroit Rd, 1:25 PM 8/20.

You beeped, I waved.

1st time I've heard that horn. Nice. ;)
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
generalstrike

Post by generalstrike »

TF Greene airport, Providence/Warwick RI, Italia w/ skull and crossbones seat cover. I work the ramp for Southwest Airlines and I've seen it two days this week parked in the lot by our bag room. I'm pretty sure the owner also works at the airport judging by where it's parked. Anyone on here?
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

Yesterday (8/20/2008) in Boulder CO.

I went to the Thai place on 28th & Valmont and there was a Pamplona parked in the parking space right by the entrance. I was tempted to ask when inside aloud whose it was but didn't :)

When I left, that Pamplona was gone, but a new powder blue was there in its place. However, the powder blue buddy was parked in the same parking spot mine was in, right next to mine. So, I wrote on a piece of paper "modernbuddy.com :-)" and left the note for the owner. If that's you, say hi!

Yesterday (8/20/2008) in Denver CO

I was on my way home from Sportique Scooters in the Highlands and was on Central St turning left on to 15th, there was an orange buddy 50 right in front of me also turning left on to 15th. Rider had on a helmet with a white stripe down the middle. I couldn't tell if he could see me behind him or not.
Schwiering

Post by Schwiering »

Yesterday I saw a light blue buddy on Oakley in South Nashville. It was really great cause that is around where I live and I like to see scooters in my area.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I again saw the mysterious baby blue Buddy on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy again. Nice to know I'm not the only one afraid of the rain :)
jimmymac

Post by jimmymac »

Richmond VA - Saw a Buddy for the first time since riding (3 weeks)
Black Buddy w/Silver lower trim.
Midlothian Turnpike & Providence Road around 5pm
mayra

Post by mayra »

jimmymac wrote:Richmond VA - Saw a Buddy for the first time since riding (3 weeks)
Black Buddy w/Silver lower trim.
Midlothian Turnpike & Providence Road around 5pm
i think i saw the same one on midlothian at ruthers- a couple blocks away-- but this was around 3 pm
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Black Buddy 125 parked on the east side of Taylor at Sacramento in San Francisco on Thursday afternoon/evening. It had an orange leash for the disc lock.
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

SPOTTED!! 8/23 around 2:30 pm at the intersection of Washington Ave and Sawyer - my first TANGERINE BUDDY! It was a lady rider with a black half helmet. I ended up on Sawyer with her behind me (I'm in my cage - a blue Aveo) and I rolled down my window to wave, but couldn't get my arm out the window without looking dumb. She crossed I-10 and out of sight.

Anyone on here?
creampuff

Post by creampuff »

I saw an Italia going north on Franklin Rd in Nashville between Old Hickory and Otter Creek Rd on Sunday the 24th in the evening before dark. I was on my cream buddy being followed by my husband on his british racing green triumph sprint st.

I see orange buddies downtown all the time. One is usually parked in the alley downtown off the arcade near Brandon's. Has a matching top case.

As for the sighting on Oakley--I ride there a lot. My neighborhood. But my buddy is cream. I haven't seen the blue one yet.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Late this morning, I passed an Italia and a Pamplona in Alamo Heights headed towards the dam. First time I've ever seen two Buddies together in the wild.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

Los Angeles: Saturday night, Aug. 23rd on a side-street near Sunset Junction street festival, an Italia parked beside a motorcycle.

Even though I didn't scoot over (I wussed out and took the subway instead of my scoot--all the better to enjoy my annual visit to Tiki Ti. ;) ) but I still had a grand time. Hope you had a great time, too.
nrg70

Post by nrg70 »

One red and one black Buddy parked together at the Albertsons/Petsmart parking lot on Aurora and 125th today here in rainy, damp, crappy scooter weather ridin' Seattle!
By the way...went to the Siren's group ride and chili cook off Saturday! We started at Cafe Racer, about 20-25 of us scoots headed down to Georgetown for the cookoff, good times! Love Cafe Racer! :D
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

I saw a red Buddy parked outside of Green Man Tattoo in West Hartford, CT. Couldn't see whether it was a 50cc or a 125cc. I must know who it was! Reveal yourself!
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

a Red 125 parked outside Cat and the Fiddle off Sunset, and a Red 150 parked off lexington. Wish I could see more in action.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Sumosamurai wrote:a Red 125 parked outside Cat and the Fiddle off Sunset, and a Red 150 parked off lexington. Wish I could see more in action.
There is almost always a scooter parked outside the Cat & Fiddle. I used to see a Vespa LX there most days. I think some employees are scooterists. (May not be a bad place for a scooter gathering if they let us park in the front there. hmm…)
scootermama

Post by scootermama »

Shortly after getting my Buddy; hubby and I are riding in our NE PDX neighbourhood...we turn right onto NE Knott. St. Right behind us, woman with two tone green Buddy. Italia? Pamplona? Don't know, she was behind us. We rode together until about NE 9th, then she turned left.

This week: Same 'hood. I am riding my Buddy. At the intersection, fairly older gentleman rides across the street in his 4 wheeled scooter chair mobile. We smile to each other, kinda saying, "Hey, whodda thunk it - we both have scooters!!".

It was really a sweet moment.
Modern Buddy member # 2499
EPSP member # 102
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

scootermama wrote: Right behind us, woman with two tone green Buddy. Italia? Pamplona?
Green is Italia!
infinite

Post by infinite »

This is my first post... I was waiting until my pamplona arrives, but I couldn't wait.

I saw two buddys, a red one and a seafoam one riding together, turning west onto skyline off of campbell at about 5.30pm... sweet!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Beige Buddy parked on the south side of Washington at Jones in San Francisco yesterday.