Shopping trip

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OKBubbles

Shopping trip

Post by OKBubbles »

Dorothy and I decided to run some errands on a beautiful Saturday in Tulsa. I've had several friends tell me they couldn't ride a scooter because there is nowhere to carry stuff when they shop.

We'll see . . .

Started out at the book store, then off to PetSmart. The weather got hotter, so I took off my jacket. All that stuff went into the basket on the back.

Stopped at Macy's to pick up some bath towels. The bag was bungied to the rear rack, just in front of the basket.

Now it's off to the craft store to buy some project boxes. These things are 12" square, and 4" tall. Then ran into the party store to grab some decorations for an event taking place next weekend. I asked the clerk to put those purchases into the project boxes. These were placed in front of my feet, with the bag handles looped over the "dashboard hook".

Stopped at a convenience store to get a newspaper, which joined the purse I was carrying in the pet carrier.

Speaking of the pet carrier, this is what I generally carry in there:

And this is what it looks like when it's all packed away:

Who needs a trunk, or a back seat?? :wink:
OScoot!

Re: Shopping trip

Post by OScoot! »

[quote="OKBubbles"]Dorothy and I decided to run some errands on a beautiful Saturday in Tulsa. I've had several friends tell me they couldn't ride a scooter because there is nowhere to carry stuff when they shop.

That's a hoot!

You should see me and the Pinkster when we make our weekly trip to the dump to take our recyclables! At a minimum I usually have

- one large paper grocery bag filled with newspapers usually between my feet
- one paper grocery bag of "assorted papers" bungeed to the front rack
- one or two grocery bags of aluminum and plastic containers...one in the basket and one bungeed to the back of the seat.
- one or two small plastic bags hanging on the seat pegs if there's anything else to haul
- and the pet carrier is still available for even more!

Buddy's rock!
scoots4me

Post by scoots4me »

Awesome! Also pretty darn cool that your pet carrier interior stuff is blue and matches your lovely scooter. Great story!
*** scootie scoot scoot ***
taile84

Post by taile84 »

[quote="OKBubbles"]Dorothy and I decided to run some errands on a beautiful Saturday in Tulsa. I've had several friends tell me they couldn't ride a scooter because there is nowhere to carry stuff when they shop. ]

That is awesome!

I can't wait to get mine. Carrying that much stuff is def for scootin' pros. But I will start with bag and add them on as I get better :o)

Vroom Vroom, here I come! riding it like I stole it.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

hey OKbubbles,

did you just leave your macy's shopping bag out on your scoot while shopping in the craftstore?!

im just curious bc i would be afraid that it'll get stolen by the time i come out lol
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

yay grocery shopping!

OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

r0sa wrote:hey OKbubbles,

did you just leave your macy's shopping bag out on your scoot while shopping in the craftstore?!

im just curious bc i would be afraid that it'll get stolen by the time i come out lol
Yep, left the bag there while I was in the craft store AND the party supply place. Also, since the hasp on my basket snapped off, it's only held shut with some ribbon tied in a bow. (For anyone concerned about the quality of the basket -- the hasp broke off the first week I had Bubbles, when I tipped over on a sidewalk. The basket hit the pavement and the hasp came off. As soon as I get my hands on a soldering iron it will be fixed!)

I don't know if I'm lucky, or if folks are just honest around here, but I've never had any problem when I'm out on the Buddy. I've never chained Bubbles OR Dorothy when I'm out and about -- just use the wheel lock. When I scoot to work I can leave her parked right outside the back door of the school. I've never had a problem -- not even from kids passing by on their way to the outdoor classrooms.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

wow, that's crazy. i suppose people in OK are honest people.

if i were to do what you did here in houston [on my side of town] everything will probably BE gone by the time i come out :cry: its sad, i know
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

OScoot! wrote: That's a hoot!

You should see me and the Pinkster when we make our weekly trip to the dump to take our recyclables! At a minimum I usually have

- one large paper grocery bag filled with newspapers usually between my feet
- one paper grocery bag of "assorted papers" bungeed to the front rack
- one or two grocery bags of aluminum and plastic containers...one in the basket and one bungeed to the back of the seat.
- one or two small plastic bags hanging on the seat pegs if there's anything else to haul
- and the pet carrier is still available for even more!

Buddy's rock!
I have a feeling you and I would have a blast if we ever had the chance to scoot together! :D
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

taile84 wrote:That is awesome!

I can't wait to get mine. Carrying that much stuff is def for scootin' pros. But I will start with bag and add them on as I get better :o
It really is a lot of fun! Start with whatever you feel comfortable carrying, then move on from there. Bungee cords will become your best friends. Also, check out ChicoBag.com for a very handy way to carry stuff around. These little guys fit into their own stuffsack, then can be unrolled and filled with a ton of goodies. You hook the handles over the pegs in the pet carrier -- and you're good to go. (If you look at the pet carrier pics of my shopping tour, you'll see the little blue "pod" type things . . . those are the Chicos!)

Hope your new Buddy arrives soon, so you can start having as much fun as I am! :D
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

r0sa wrote:hey OKbubbles,

I kind of think the fact that the bag was kind of crinkled and folded over by the bungee cords made it look older, and NOT like it might have brand new merchandise inside. It's all in the packaging, dont'cha know? :wink:
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i would think that people would be curious as to what's inside. and since its not in the car and just bungeed on a cord, its easier to just open it up and steal :(

i once left my laptop in its skin case underneath my backpack and the windshield visor in the back seat of my car while i was stopping by my friends house...stayed there for a good 30-45 mins and i heard my car alarm, someone broke my window just to see what was inside and stole everything. my car wasn't just parked on street, it was on the driveway, CRAZY huh?

so with that being said, i am constantly paranoid now :( and i have different perspective on things. people in houston are hungry theives :twisted: its good to hear that people in your town are honest, unlike mine :P

sorry for rambling on, just thought i'd share my story