New Buddy Day 6.......review! (Slightly long post)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mrmojorisin

New Buddy Day 6.......review! (Slightly long post)

Post by mrmojorisin »

After waiting 42 days for a black Buddy, my dealer informed me of there apparent UNavailability. I was then given the option, as I was number one on the waiting list of app. 89 people, a chance to purchase one of 2 fresh new St. Tropez's. I was reluctant but decided what the hay, gimmee have the VIN# and lets do this finally. Picked it up the next eve and with the windshield on and the back rack, my first sighting was breathtaking. Quick feature run down and quicker paperwork and on the back of the pickup and down the road. (And yes, I did drive like someone's gramma and checked the hold down straps a bunch...). Got home, unloaded and since I've ridden before, drove up to the school yard for practice and wife followed on foot. Can we say smooth ride anyone? How 'bout quiet, or user friendly or nutty fun! Break in says burn thru the first tank to get the gas out and keep things clean. Couple hrs. per eve and the gas gauge is not moving downward very fast. Take that BP Oil! Was it worth the wait? Yeah, OK, i get it now! The wife and I took/take turns and we giggle like fools. Fellow Buddyist will be over tommorrow and we are gonna cruize! Most Importante! Shout out and many thanks to my dealer for fielding my many calls and questions. Was treated well by none other than POC of Cleveland, Ohio. Thanks Phil, Renae, Michelle and Nathan. You guys rock!
Break on thru..............to the other side!
Pete1ks

Post by Pete1ks »

You'll be happy with the 150cc.

Plus, if you ever get tired of the color, it's easier to paint it than it is to boost the power.

I've been really, really happy with mine.

naptime

Post by naptime »

phil and renae are awesome.

i came over and got one of the st.tropaz 2 weeks ago as well.

today was my 2nd week with the scoot, and its at 705 miles right now, but i'm getting ready to go out on a night cruise with a friend.. so i figure probably over 770 by tommorrow morning :D

soudns like we have twins.. st.tropaz, with windshield and rear rack :)

i think your gonna like it..... the only problem i see is that yo usaid you and the wife are taking turns on it.......

something tells me that phil is gonna be making another sale sometime in the future :lol:
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

:cry: I want my windshield too! Wonder if POC has any extras he would sell to a transplanted Ohioan living in Texas whose wife is a die hard Browns fan. What do you say Phil? :wink:
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Congrats! I'm coming up on 30 days and 3000 miles! Any idea how long it takes to get the plates? Do you go back to POC or does the state mail them to you? Sorry for the ?? but I only know the process for CA.
mrmojorisin

plates in ohio

Post by mrmojorisin »

Was told by Renae title is mailed and can then get the plates immediately. But takes up to 30 days to get title. Locally at least. And yes, taking turns is not gonna cut it forever. Maybe an automatic Stella, or a Pamplona in the future. See what Genuine unvails! I do like Kymco's Grand Vista 250 and would love to try one out also!!
Break on thru..............to the other side!
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Pardon my ignorance, but where do you get the plates "immediately"? From POC or DMV ? Is this after the title or before? Thanks from Cali.
naptime

Post by naptime »

here in ohio....

we leave poc with a 30 day tag, and registration.

poc does the paperwork to get the title issued.

we wait for the title to come in the mail. (not sure if the title is sent to poc and they mail it to us, or if it is mailed to us by the bmv)

then we take the title to the bmv and get the registration and plate.

not sure what the process is for california though :(
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

(Slightly long post)

Joking, right? Around here that is a miniscule post. ;)

Welcome to the club! You did the right thing. Black Buddies suck. (Yea, I didn't get one cuz I was told it would be a LONG wait, too. lol )
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
buddyinblack

Post by buddyinblack »

7eregrine wrote:(Slightly long post)

Joking, right? Around here that is a miniscule post. ;)

Welcome to the club! You did the right thing. Black Buddies suck. (Yea, I didn't get one cuz I was told it would be a LONG wait, too. lol )
I must politely disagree. Black buddies are the best and fastest. I dont care what any red owner tells you. :P
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

naptime wrote:here in ohio....

we wait for the title to come in the mail. (not sure if the title is sent to poc and they mail it to us, or if it is mailed to us by the bmv)

Thanks. When I get the title, I guess it means another trip to Ohio. Does the BMV have an office near public transportation? I know how to get from the airport to downtown.
pubber

Post by pubber »

Black Buddies suck.
hey....watch it!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

olhogrider wrote:
naptime wrote:here in ohio....

Thanks. When I get the title, I guess it means another trip to Ohio. Does the BMV have an office near public transportation? I know how to get from the airport to downtown.
I am confused. You are going to keep an OH registration? Of so , do you actually have to do this in person? It seems like it is something that could be done by mail. Not that we don't want visitors though! I think all the BMVs are on public transportatation lines. The E.55 branch is across the street from a rapid line stop so it is the easist to get to. We use this one b/c there are never any lines. It is not in a great neighbrhood though.
naptime

Post by naptime »

you should not be getting an ohio plate...

i would assume you would be getting an ohio plate ????

my "assumption" would be that phil would have sold you the scoot, knowing it for california, and probably charged you california sales tax on it, and applied for a california title that he would then be sending to you.

and then you would get your california plate...

i cant see any reason why he would send you an ohio title, or why you would get an ohio plate.. or further more, why you would need to return to ohio... hmmmm

btw: for the record, my title came in today.

it was in fact mailed to me from POC.

so, poc applied for the title at the ohio bmv title office, received it, and then sent it to me.

i bought the scoot on the 6th, so it only took 16 days to get my title.. well within the range of the 30 temp tag i have in the interim
PammySue

Post by PammySue »

I bought my scoot in Minneapolis (thanks Bob at Scooterville!) and got it licensed in Iowa. They mailed me my title and I just took it to Iowa DMV - sales tax and all was covered at the time of purchase in Minneapolis.

Now if there was a Genuine dealer closer than 75 miles away I'd be REALLY happy!
Pepe le Scoot - Vive la France!
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I know I didn't pay CA tax. Also you can't register an out of state vehicle until it has 7500 miles on it here in CA. I figured I would put the Ohio plate on it then take it to the local CA DMV once I have the required miles. I'm almost halfway there already.
Xena

Post by Xena »

Here in RI, we get the plates right away as well...