bunny hops

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

applejackATL

bunny hops

Post by applejackATL »

Can any of ya'll do any tricks like bunny hops on your Buddy?

I had to try the other day to avoid a huge pothole. Luckily I got the front up ... so I avoided dislocating my shoulders (lol), but I don't think I got the back end off the ground.

Applejack
Jake

Post by Jake »

If you land with the bars twisted, you'll be up shit creek without a paddle. Learn to actually maneuver it so you don't hurt anyone or yourself.
buddyinblack

Post by buddyinblack »

I once did a 360 inverted olie mctwist superman flip. It takes practice to be like me though. 8) I suggest that you just go around potholes.

by the way, the trick above is not recomended as it involved a car. :cry:

Always wear a fullface helmet.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Bunny hops? Is this true Bunny?

When I think of "bunny hopping", I think of this:
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
MarkTur

Post by MarkTur »

You need to look further down the road while you're riding...and if there's a vehicle in front of you, slow down until you can see crap in the road far enough away to PLAN to get around it. They say the stuff you see 20' in front of you is already history, because it's too late to swerve. Maybe in a car, but you need time to lean...

And no, no way you're going to get 150-200lbs completely off the ground by trying to bunny-hop like a BMX bike. Sounds like even if you got the front over, you'll beat the crap out of the rear rim...is it wobbly now?

OUCH! :)
Cya!
Mark Turkel
http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com
http://www.BeGreenSaveTheWorld.com

Genuine Buddy 125cc
Powder Blue - (Yes, I picked "that" color cause I likes it!)

Like someone else said "Saving Gas and Sticking it to the Man!"
RuralRattler

Post by RuralRattler »

I can ride wheelies on my stock rattler. the GF wont let me try it on her Buddy though :roll:
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I can do wheelies :twisted: ... i think its wayyyyy too heavy to do a bunny hop. I can also do supermans... riding as tho i were flying like superman... I havent been able to do a stoppie yet... mostly because I havent really tried...
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I havent been able to do a stoppie yet... mostly because I havent really tried...
Hah! I've done a stoppie on mine. Granted, it wasn't exactly planned, but I ran with it....
MarkTur

Post by MarkTur »

Kaos wrote:
I havent been able to do a stoppie yet... mostly because I havent really tried...
Hah! I've done a stoppie on mine. Granted, it wasn't exactly planned, but I ran with it....
Nice - I used to be able to do it on a bicycle...but I'm way too green to commit that on my Bud....for now! ;)
Cya!
Mark Turkel
http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com
http://www.BeGreenSaveTheWorld.com

Genuine Buddy 125cc
Powder Blue - (Yes, I picked "that" color cause I likes it!)

Like someone else said "Saving Gas and Sticking it to the Man!"
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Mine was the result of having my weight too far forward on a VERY hard stop to avoid someone who was turning in front of me. I realized as I was stopping that my wheel was coming up, so I just rode it through. But it wasn't what I was trying to do :) It was kinda fun in retrospect though.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Easy, press the X button for a bunny hop, or hit up-up fast first to do a higher bronco hop. Hold down the right analog stick to go into a manual combo from the bunny hop.

Some players have bunny-hop-based specials, too, but you need to have your special bar full.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
buddyinblack

Post by buddyinblack »

also, at the start menu, if you pres up up down down left right left right circle square right-trigger, you get infinite bunny hops :D
bunny

Post by bunny »

This was supposed to be super top secret info. I must hasten to investigate the traitor amongst my peeps.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

alienmeatsack wrote:Bunny hops? Is this true Bunny?

When I think of "bunny hopping", I think of this:

I LOVE the GI JOE spoofs! HAHAHAHA I wish I had speakers on my work computer! My favorite is PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Ha, remember when MB first started and the Buddy was new and a bunch of people tried wheelies and discovered that the rear fender hits the street pretty quick and they crashed and we said "aw, sorry, too bad" but were also kind of laughing at them? Good times!

As for a bunny hop, you won't do it. The Buddy carries much of its weight low and to the rear—where the engine and all the other stuff is. You'll not get the back end up.

This is a major obstacle to my getting a scootering vert competition in the X Games. Gymkhana is still a possibility, but it will have to be "extreme" enough that Dave Mirra will want to try it.

If you'd like to attempt a bunny hop, I have a request: have someone videotape it so we can analyze just where things go wrong before you hit the pavement. Bear in mind that any expressions of sympathy are well-intentioned and sincere, even if we're laughing at you at the same time.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

As the Portland moped guys (I think it's them) say:

"Hold my beer, this is going to be awesome."

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

Hah you can too bunny hop a buddy - my boyfriend does bunny hops on his buddy. Granted, he uses things to launch himself in the air and doesn't attempt to jump over pot holes.

It scares me and I hate it. Sometimes he comes down with the handlebars twisted and swerves. He's so dumb.

But hey, what y'all do on your buddies is no business of mine.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

SScooterG wrote:Hah you can too bunny hop a buddy - my boyfriend does bunny hops on his buddy. Granted, he uses things to launch himself in the air and doesn't attempt to jump over pot holes.

It scares me and I hate it. Sometimes he comes down with the handlebars twisted and swerves. He's so dumb.

But hey, what y'all do on your buddies is no business of mine.
But that's not a bunny hop. A bunny hop is done on the ground. Your boyfriend is just catching air. If the suspension wasn't so worthless, I might have even tried to launch something for some airtime. Tabletops anyone?
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

illnoise, you beat me to it!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

SScooterG wrote:Granted, he uses things to launch himself in the air and doesn't attempt to jump over pot holes.
Cheater!
SScooterG wrote:But hey, what y'all do on your buddies is no business of mine.
I'm not going to touch this one. ;)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

k1dude wrote: But that's not a bunny hop. A bunny hop is done on the ground.
He is on the ground, he just uses the messed up roads of H-town, like cracks.

He calls them bunny hops.
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

<b>ericalm wrote:</b>
I'm not going to touch this one.
OOO.... I will, I will!!!

Just kidding 8)
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

UrbanBuddy82 wrote:<b>ericalm wrote:</b>
I'm not going to touch this one.
OOO.... I will, I will!!!