Ghost Hunting

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Ghost Hunting

Post by Howardr »

My son and I went for a ride yesterday. Since we live in AZ, we decided to try and find a ghost town. We found the Greaterville cemetary, but, alas, the town is gone, except for one lone adobe house. We also came a cross an abandoned mine. Check out the pics. It was a beautiful, exciting, 120 mile ride.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
MyComputerSaidKill

Post by MyComputerSaidKill »

Very nice, I was im Arizona and New Mexico this summer and checked out a few ghost towns. I would love to take my scooter down there someday.
Holly Buddy

ghost town

Post by Holly Buddy »

very cool pictures! did any of the headstones have dates on them?
Howardr

Re: ghost town

Post by Howardr »

Holly Buddy wrote:very cool pictures! did any of the headstones have dates on them?
The ones we could read dated from 1902 and there was one that was 1991! There were quite a few that were unreadable.
Howard
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nice pics.
Any problems riding the unpaved roads?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

I love the pics of the old mine. Very cool :)
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

The dirt roads definately made the ride a lot more interesting. We both came close to dumping our scooters once or twice. My son commented that we were "a couple of steps above my (his) skill level."
All in all the scooters did very well. I haven't ridden a 2 wheeler on dirt in a lot of years. We didn't bottom out. There was one hill that was at least a 20% grade. Very difficult to go down, easy coming up.
To top it off, right after we got back on the pavement and were heading to a liitle town to gas up, it started raining. It rained on us for a bout 15 miles or so. That was the first time I had ridden at highway speeds in the rain.

Howard
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

You must be getting plenty of rain this summer in Arizona. That one picture with the old house looks down right tropical. When I lived in New Mexico the only color there was beige.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

A ghost town and an abandoned mine? Did you by chance run into Scooby Doo while out there? :lol: Seriously though looks like a beautiful ride I am jealous. Maybe one of these days I will get a nice scenic ride in for now though its commuting and sleeping lol
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
butero

Post by butero »

Nice pictures. I like to see pictures made by real people and not for the purpose of an advertising brochure. My wife and I drove from Georgia to Las Vegas and back this spring, but once I got to Arizona I didn't really feel the urge to continue to Las Vegas. Or home for that matter. I just fell in love with it for some reason.